SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMERGENCY SUPPORT NEEDED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said i don't believe any discharge can be up-graded to a full honorable. i may be wrong but i've never heard of it.

i don't know how presidential clemmency would work tho.

maybe an expert here can explain
jenn-south
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALL JUDICIAL WATCH!

INVESTIGATOR NOT IN YET, BUT THEY HADN'T HEARD ABOUT DOCUMENTS OR THAT KERRY ADMITTED TO BROKAW HIS RECORDS NOT RELEASED! THEY FILED COMPLAINT ABOUT RECORDS/ FORM 180.

CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEN
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to reach Frank Keating??
jenn-south
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST GOT ON AIR WITH TONY SNOW AND BROUGHT UP THE DOCUMENTS AND KERRY'S RE;PLY TO BROKAW ABOUT HI MILITARY RECORDS!

KEEP CALLING, HOPEFULLY FOLKS HEARD!

Tony Snow knew and mentioned Thomas Lipscomb is a friend who wrote the article. jen
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a friendly reminder to the Pajamahadeen!

This is no time to let up in terms of asking OUR elected representatives to be accountable to US! For every ONE of us that calls our congressmen, there are hundreds of others out there that would if they could, or if they knew it was the right thing to do.

We made a big push this week on the topic of John Kerry's connections to the North Vietnamese communist government. We have documented evidance that their communist government was -at a minimum - supporting and encouraging the anti-war movement in this country. And, when you look at the documents themselves...you see the actions they wanted to happen....happen!

WE WANT ANSWERS. WE ARE TIRED OF GETTING THE GOOD 'OLE BOY RUNAROUND. WE WANT ACTION.

YOUR MISSION:

CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST.

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN
202-456-1414

THEN, CALL SEN JOHN WARNER'S OFFICE
202-224-2023
804-739-0247
Why does John Kerry have a medal citation signed by you when he did not win the medal while you were Secretary of the Navy?

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be fiesty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

They want this to go away. Really. It's messy.

The US Senate is a great big, 'Ole Boys Club of the finest order. They won't rat out a fellow Senator without an extreme amount of pressure. If Kerry is starting to sink in the race, that might do it....

They work for us. They are accountable to us.

Go forth and KEEP CALLING!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. "

Love to, but both of mine are idiots.

Lieberman and Dodd
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUESTION

The MSM will not pick this up it is too hot to handle. Be willing to bet most if not all Senators know of Kerry's dirty deeds. THE ONLY way to get ANY PRESS on this prior to election is for SWIFTIES and POW hold Press conference everywhere they are. Have copies of documents to present at News Conference. Send out Press Releases to all MSM. That will be ONLY way to get any attention of PRESS. Press would be affarid to drop a dime on Kerry this late in game.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:

Lieberman and Dodd

It doesn't matter if they are stiffs - this is a numbers game. MORE=BETTER in this case.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:

Lieberman and Dodd

There's some conjecture that a little October surprise that Lieberman will go public for Bush. No doubt he will vote against kerry when he is alone in the booth.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:

Lieberman and Dodd

Don't underestimate Lieberman... you might want to call him. He has said many things that would lead one to believe he is tired of all the shenanigans
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MACVJOE wrote:
QUESTION

The MSM will not pick this up it is too hot to handle. Be willing to bet most if not all Senators know of Kerry's dirty deeds. THE ONLY way to get ANY PRESS on this prior to election is for SWIFTIES and POW hold Press conference everywhere they are. Have copies of documents to present at News Conference. Send out Press Releases to all MSM. That will be ONLY way to get any attention of PRESS. Press would be affarid to drop a dime on Kerry this late in game.

I agree. It's too hot to handle, even for even one with brass b***. But....the press release/news conference is the bigger issue... Send Press releases how? They ignore the attempts by the Washington Times, CNS news, Linda Chavez, etc...They REFUSE to touch it. So much so, they are running around like idiots over this weapons story to avoid it. Even Fox is doing it. We are up against something inconceivable.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief's been preeeeetty quiet...never know what might happen when he goes out of sight....

Hopefully new stuff will emerge that we can piggyback on with our phone and email campaign.... Very Happy
rosierita
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just called lindsay graham! his office was awesome as ever! Razz

DC office 1-202-224-5972

local 1-864-250-1417

i also called fritz hollings office Rolling Eyes the lady in DC was a total WITCH w/ a B Rolling Eyes ( Laughing ) i was THISCLOSE to really loosing it w/ that woman (she TRIED to pick an "argument" w/ me) & my husband started calling me (like 4 times while i was on the phone w/ her via call waiting) so, i bowed out as gracefully as i could, but not w/o pointing out to her that kerry is a SELF-ADMITTED WAR CRIMINAL! Twisted Evil ugh. so, thank God for troy (my hubby Laughing he stopped me before i gave her a severe tongue lashing! i also called his local office & they were NO HELP either. Rolling Eyes

so! if you get bored & you want to torchure a LOONEY democrat & his staff ~ PLEASE CALL SEN. HOLLINGS!! Razz (PRETTY PLEASE W/ SUGAR ON TOP!!)

DC office 1-202-224-6121

local office 1-803-765-5731

i'm off to make some more calls! Twisted Evil
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangdawg wrote:
like i said i don't believe any discharge can be up-graded to a full honorable. i may be wrong but i've never heard of it.

i don't know how presidential clemmency would work tho.

maybe an expert here can explain

Not an expert, mandawg, but I'll give it a try.

Each service maintains a board for correction of military records. Service members and former service members may petition this board to correct their records. This board has the power to upgrade "bad" administrative discharges (not sure about punitive discharges resulting from court-martial conviction). I believe they can upgrade any administrative discharge all the way to honorable.

Ford and Carter each had an amnesty/clemency program relating to the Vietnam War. In Ford's case, the amnesty/clemency program appears to have been generally limited to Vietnam-era deserters who later voluntarily returned to military control, or who had been discharged in absentia. (If I remember correctly, deserters who deserted after committing a crime of violence were specifically excluded from eligibility.) A relatively small number took advantage of this program. The program was later changed to allow those wounded in aciton or who received decorations for valor to (as I read it) reapply if they had previously been considered and turned down, either by this program or by their services' board for correction of military records. It's my understanding that this program could upgrade any "bad" discharge to honorable - or not, or to a general (under honorable conditions), depending on the circumstances of the case.

Carter instituted a blanket amnesty for draft dogers and deserters in Jan 1977. Roughly 2 months later - possibly due to a quiet request from Carter - DoD also apparently instituted a special discharge review board process to handle the cases of those service members who had been court-martialed or administratively discharged due to antiwar activities. My understanding is that each service handled its own cases via an internal special board convened for this purpose. I believe boards under this program also had carte blance authority to upgrade any dishcarge to honorable - or not, or to a general (under honorable conditions), depending on the circumstances of the case. I haven't been able to find too much reference material on this last program, even though it was very large.

I could be wrong here; if so, and someone can correct me, please do so.

Hope this helps.
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a well prepared pithy email on this matter? An email that would make an impact...

I am a Rush 24/7 subscriber.

Fridays are open line... where you can call about anything you feel hasn't been covered.

YOU can call The Rush Limbaugh Show program line between 12 Noon and 3PM Eastern Time at: 1-800-282-2882

You can e-mail Rush at: rush@eibnet.com

You can fax Rush at: 212-563-9166

You can write Rush at:
The Rush Limbaugh Show
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

It would be good for NavyChief to call in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: