SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a lengthy discussion with Hubby on way home from church concerning the discharge story and story about Kerry and gang taking orders from the communists. I had printed that out for him earlier in the week. He read Unfit For Command, believes every word of it. Was voting for Bush before he read it, still voting for Bush. But refuses to believe either the discharge story or the Hanoi document story until he hears it on Fox or Sean's show. He's use to me reading something online and telling it to him and then a day or so later he hears it on Fox or Hannity. It hasn't happened with these stories. He says there are so many conspiracy theories out there that he feels only the ones which are truthful make it onto Fox or Sean's radio show. He says the one person who called and mentioned the Hanoi documents, Sean cut them off and said he hasn't been able to verifiy that and would report it once he verified it. So if Sean hasn't returned to it, it was unverifiable in Hubby's eyes. If he's like that, I believe there are many more just like him out there. My husband also can't understand why a Freedom of Information Act request can't get the documents about the discharge released. He says that if the Freedom of Information Act request can't get it out of Kerry's records, then why not the records of the meeting where his discharge status was changed.

Now, obviously I spend time on this board for some indepth discussions I'm missing around the house (probably shouldn't have said that) but I think there are so many out there just like him. We know why NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN and other MSM print outlets have refused to air these stories, but why have Fox & Hannity on his show not given air time to these? We've emailed and faxed these stories to death to these people, we need someone who they will take a phone call from to call these people, John O'Neil or someone like that.

I am PRAYING that the story is released tomorrow as NavyChief has hinted at and that it will be in the MSM which can't be ignored. It is unbelievable that the MSM run at the gossip of Bush not taking a physical but refusing to listen to hard facts about the Hanoi papers or Kerry's discharge.

Last edited by Roon on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is newspaper article related to this.
Source
for Times Dispatch

Mod edit to fix long url
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiyall wrote:
...newspaper article...

Another great reference to the growing interest in Humpty Dumpty's fall. However your URL should be shortened to make this page easier to read. Click on Edit for this posting to see how your long URL can be shortened to Times Dispatch.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
<SNIP>

I am PRAYING that the story is released tomorrow as NavyChief has hinted at and that it will be in the MSM which can't be ignored. It is unbelievable that the MSM run at the gossip of Bush not taking a physical but refusing to listen to hard facts about the Hanoi papers or Kerry's discharge.

my feeble attempts to track this got this order:
(a) WorldNetDaily http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41200

mostly a web site, but (time zero + a few hours) to the above
(b) Times Dispatch article
a "real live" newspaper (small, though)

MAYBE just MAYBE Drudge notices.

see the acceleration curve here?
It's been like that all year, but you have to make it to step (b).

MY BAD: cut and paste got me, I had to correct the URL on the Times Dispatch article.

Last edited by jwb7605 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

OK folks, the TITLE of this topic is "STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY". This topic has drifted into poll discussions and needs to return to it's origin. If you wish to address some tangential aspect, PLEASE feel free to start a NEW topic. I will delete any further off-topic comments without notification.

Thanks
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a larger truth here and we aren't the only ones privy to it. Have faith.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Admin note:

OK folks, the TITLE of this topic is "STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY". This topic has drifted into poll discussions and needs to return to it's origin. If you wish to address some tangential aspect, PLEASE feel free to start a NEW topic. I will delete any further off-topic comments without notification.

Thanks

Thanks, Mod Very Happy

Now, if you're wondering what to do tomorrow morning - here are your marching orders. NOTHING HAS CHANGED FROM LAST WEEK IN TERMS OF GETTING THE KERRY/COMMUNIST LINK OUT THERE!!!

In this spirit, I offer the following assignment (if it looks familiar, you're right!):

I’d like to take a minute to help set the stage for Monday (apologies to those who have seen this several times, and welcome to our new viewers) for the Pajamahadeen out there –

Since we got news of the documented link between John Kerry, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and the communist North Vietnamese government early this week, I’ve been encouraging readers of this board to CALL THEIR SENATORS, among others.

My sister used to work for a couple of congressmen on Capitol Hill. Every Representative and Senator has a process in place to receive and process constituent phone calls.

KEY POINT: For every ONE phone call they get, staffers and the congressmen assume that anywhere from 10-100 other people feel the same way, but don’t take the time to call. Sooo…since so few people actually call, in proportion to the population at large, EACH phone call can be vitally important.

I believe it would be fair to say that our calls last week helped Sen Majority Leader Bill Frist get in touch with NavyChief…correct me if I’m wrong, NC.

So - we STILL HAVE QUESTIONS AND WANT ANSWERS!

Email is not as effective, since their in-boxes are overflowing right now. Plus, phone calls have that personal touch….

GUIDELINES:

Be polite, be specific, be as factual as possible.

Use the links and posts on the board to muster your collection of facts and information.

DO NOT share scripts between each other – they can smell ‘em a mile off and it greatly diminishes the impact of what you’re trying to do. This is personal….

DON’T expect to get a call back – that’s not what this is about. This is about pushing for them to TAKE ACTION! We want our voices to be heard in a collective fashion, versus having them try to keep track to who to call about what issues.

DON’T expect to change minds when you call the Democratic offices. Again, that’s not the purpose (although I’d love to be a fly on the wall if any of the Democratic staffers actually go to the web sites and read the evidence…).

Our purpose is to get ACTION, and numbers is one way to get this issue over the “Tipping Point” (see: Malcolm Gladwell’s book, The Tipping Point). Once it tips, the tides rush in. We need to help make the tip happen….

WHY SENATORS?

The United States Congress is one the biggest ‘Ole Boys Network around. John Kerry has been part of that club for 20 years. You can bet that many, many people do not want to get involved in anything related to our mission.

They want it to GO AWAY. After this weekend, some of us can see that more clearly than ever! They want to stall, and dance, and twist, and avoid touching this. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They won’t rat out a fellow Senator unless extreme pressure is applied.
However…power abhors a vaccum. It is a long established military principal that you "kick 'em when they're down", yes? We need to KEEP KICKING and DEMAND OTHERS KICK, TOO.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS. THE SENATE (and the House of Representatives) WORKS FOR US. ONE OF THEIR OWN HAS BEEN FOUND OUT. WE WANT THEM TO TAKE ACTION INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY. They will each be up for election one day – and the Pajamahadeen has loooong memories.

The Senate is the Big League (House members might disagree with me, but Senators get better offices!) – when they speak, the media tends to listen pretty well.

Your MARCHING ORDERS:

CALL BOTH OF YOUR STATE'S SENATORS. Republican, Democrat – doesn’t matter. You’re not debating them, you’re DEMANDING THEY TAKE ACTION on this issue.

CALL BOTH THEIR WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICES AND THEIR LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL OFFICES.

USE THIS WEB SITE TO FIND BOTH NUMBERS: http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

Congress is not in session, so don't expect them to be in Washington, D.C. They may very well be in their home districts or even in their local offices. Call both.

CALL SENATE MAJORITY LEADER (leader of the GOP's in the Senate) BILL FRIST (again. Keep up the pressure).

CALL BOTH HIS D.C. AND LOCAL TENNASSEE OFFICE:
202-224-3344
615-352-9411

THEN, CALL THE SENATE WHIP (#2 GOP man in the Senate) MITCH MCCONNELL - BOTH OFFICES
202-224-2541
502-582-6304

THEN, CALL THE WHITE HOUSE AND REGISTER YOUR DEEP CONCERN over this issue. Let the President and his team know we’re out here and we’re ANGRY.
202-456-1414

THEN, CALL SEN JOHN WARNER'S OFFICE
202-224-2023
804-739-0247
Why does John Kerry have a medal citation signed by you when he did not win the medal while you were Secretary of the Navy?

For good measure, if you're still in the mood to be feisty -

CALL SEN TED STEVEN'S (Senate President Pro Tempore - oversees the Senate when the VP isn't available) OFFICE
202-224-3004
907-271-5915

These are the key leaders in the Senate.

WE ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, MANY OF US VETERANS, WHO WANT ANSWERS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON JOHN KERRY IS AND WHAT HE'S HIDING. WE ARE ANGRY AND WE WANT ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES.

Once you’ve done this FIRST, on to emailing talk radio, major media, etc.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, don't even give it a second thought. Stuff happens.
I'm still putting a particular piece of mail in the post office Mon. am that goes to someone in San Antonio that has been working tirelessly to help his county.
Only regret is it's not as much help as I'd like to be able to do.
Thanks to you and yours for all the sacrifices in this cause.

Dusty
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent most of the night knocking around another forum that overlaps this one a little. I won't plagiarize things from there, but y'all might find some interesting things toward the end of http://smalltownveteran.typepad.com/posts/2004/10/kerry_dishonora_1.html.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
stcromwell99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ann Coulter found out about the discharge story... Smile

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/newswire/news2004/1004/103104-swiftvets.htm
coatandthai
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Navy Chief, tell me the reason you're "standing down" is because the story isn't true, or at least isn't substantiated. But please don't tell me it's because some sort of elite Alpha politicos with their "superior knowledge" are making a tactical decision to suppress the story. That would be nothing more than an echo of the tactics of the MSM; thinking the common people "can't handle the truth."
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop speculating on why NC Stood Down on this, it is not helpful to the situation.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coatandthai wrote:

Please Navy Chief, tell me the reason you're "standing down" is because the story isn't true, or at least isn't substantiated. But please don't tell me it's because some sort of elite Alpha politicos with their "superior knowledge" are making a tactical decision to suppress the story. That would be nothing more than an echo of the tactics of the MSM; thinking the common people "can't handle the truth."

C'mon CAT. This is war. And that means we can't always know exactly what is going on at the time its beig planned. I spent a year not knowing what I was doing or why. But following orders and sticking to my fire position regardless. That's what we all did back then (except for one of us- You know who), and that's what we have to do now. This is a time for steadfastness, and trust in the leaders (aka NavyChief) who have reviously proven their bonafides.You can be assured you case of curiosity is not half so bad as mine. Hang in there with the rest of us.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coatandthai wrote:

I hate to disagree but sometimes you have to play to a bigger plan and trust those in charge as I assumed this is the case. I wasn't in the military as many on this board were, but I would think that the military knows this better than the rest of us. In war, and this is war, there is a strategic plan that the leaders develop. If a soldier out in the field decides to go out on his own battle, he could interfere with the larger plan and thus lose the bigger battle. NavyChief has impressed me enough that I am confident that he made the right decision. He has proven his dedication to this cause and I am not one to question it.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we were all typing our responses at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: