SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Neill on Scarborough - Please comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knightowl77 wrote:
O'Donnel needs to be fired. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated by any reputable networks!

Who in the world ever said MSNBC was reputable? Wink
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
knightowl77 wrote:
O'Donnel needs to be fired. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated by any reputable networks!

Who in the world ever said MSNBC was reputable? Wink

I think it is: Reput--able==REPUgnanT cABLE news.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, and Newsweek essentially are Kerry campaign headquarters. If you only listened to those outlets or read that magazine you would believe the president was behind instead of leading Kerry by several points.

John O'Neil has achieved heroic status. Everytime he faces one of these red-faced, screaming neo-communists, you can hear Kerry's numbers drop a little.

But John can't do everything. Now let's go to work.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, if you get out an troll all the bulletin boards, particularly in blogosphere, you will find a lot of discussion on this from last night's show. The "Liar, Liar, Liar" theme provides a perfect opening for us, if we'll just quit yakking and get out and do something.

I've already found several boards discussing this. There are a few liberals on these boards trotting out the same old lines about Swiftees being discredited, etc.

I don't get into it with them. Instead I post a fairly simple message:

Quote:
"There is a very simple expedient for people who believe John O'Neil and the Swiftboat veterans are lying, and that's to encourage John Kerry to release all his service records. Over 100 pages of such pages are known to have been withheld by John Kerry. If these records were released it would either vindicate the Swiftboat veterans, or blow them completely out of the water.

"Why hasn't John Kerry released all his records? Why has he been selective in those he has made public? Is John Kerry hiding something by not releasing all these records?

Bush has ordered all his records released (yes, some records are still trickling out of the musty archives, but this is an artifact of the disorganized state of TANG records)."
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
O'Neill: The American people have a clear choice: they can either have people like Mr. O'Donnell who scream and create chaos or they can choose an administration that allows an orderly government to proceed.

This line should be the basis of an ad. O'Donnell's psychotic outbursts included. Twisted Evil

-- FDL
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCJR wrote:
I sent the following email:

Why is O'Donnell so out of control?

Last night he surprised me, almost approaching an approximation of a non-partisan newsperson.

But tonight, geez, what is he afraid of, to interrupt and show his a$$ so much that O'Neal can't even answer a question?

Here's mine:

Subject: Lawrence O'Donnell needs to be fired
Date: 10/23/2004 3:47:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: joe@msnbc.com

Dear MSNBC,

I listened to the O'Donnell/O'Neill debate on one of myriad websites now posting the exchange.

Mr. O'Donnell was so out of control, as a physician I questioned his mental condition during this program.

It is my belief that such a display by O'Donnell is unprofessional, unwarranted, and a act that should lead to dismissal.

-- FDL
Dave_R
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker,

What kind of responses are you getting to that well written posting to the lib blogs?

To which blogs have you posted it?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've not seen a rebuttal to any of my posts (that I know about). I guess I can take that as an indication that I've given them something that they cannot respond to!

I've posted on polipundit, INDC Journal, and several others (which I've lost the URLs) where I've found a discussion of last night's "Liar, Liar, Liar" circus. I haven't been exactly methodical in this, just searching for any place that will let me post a comment about last night's program.
hutch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e*mail -

MSNBC and Mr. Scarborough,

My wife and I could not believe the conduct of Lawrence O’Donnell on Scarborough Country last night. I was appalled at the way he acted towards Mr. O’Neill, a decorated Vietnam War Veteran. Repeatedly calling him a liar, and continually shouting everyone else down that tried to respond to his rantings. He exhibited boorish and unprofessional behavior.

I cannot believe that you pay this man to be a “quote – unquote” Senior Political Analyst for your news department. As we get closer to the election, it seems that this guy sounds more and more like some lunatic from the far left “loony” fringe of the Democratic Party.

This is not the first time that I have taken exception with Mr. O'Donnell’s behavior. Earlier in the week he was on the show mocking the President’s religious beliefs, calling him and his followers "simple minded Christians" who basically could not think for themselves.

My wife and I have become regular viewers of Scarborough Country. We are both Republican, but have enjoyed the “civil” panel discussion that Joe and Pat normally have with people representing both sides of a given issue. Normally these discussions are very professional, respectful and insightful.

But if you allow this show to denigrate down to the level of so many other cable news “yellathon” shows; allowing shameful behavior like this from your guests, or even worse, from your own employees, we will again be looking for a new show to watch on weekdays from 10:00 to 11:00 pm.

John O'Neill, Pat Buchanan and the Scarborough viewers deserve an apology from Mr. O’Donnell.

Sincerely,

William Hutchison
Dave_R
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked a few of liberal sites (Wonkette, Dailykos and Democrat Underground) and only the D U site had any mention of O'Donnell. And I had to go through quite a few pages of topics before I found it.

I hope that Rush, Laura Ingraham and Hannity make a big deal about this on Monday, unless, of course, that rumored story that "the Kerry campaign will be forced to address" ( http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/001195.php ) becomes the story of the day.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_R, don't confine yourself to liberal sites. Liberals love to get into conservative sites and argue. But I figure that if they're willing to argue, then they might be convertable. Getting the word out - anywhere - is valuable, even on conservative sites, because so many people have missed the obvious truth that Kerry's site lists only a selection of his records. Word will get around, if it's planted enough.
Dave_R
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker -- Actually I only go to those blogs every so often. Most of the time I'm reading polipundit, redstate.org, National Review's site, littlegreenfootballs, Michelle M, etc.

I thought that if there were active discussions on the lib blogs regarding the O'Donnell performance, it might be worth making your argument from within the enemy camp.

Sort of like this story I read yesterday on Elliot Fladen's blog. Its the story of how a 5' 7", 150 lb Bush supporter took on a 6' 2", 300 lb. Kerry supporter, and eventually, a whole crowd of Kerry-ites. Here's the link: http://fladenexp.blogspot.com/2004/10/report-from-bushs-speech-canton-ohio.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help - I know I saw someone post a breakdown somewhere of how many times O'Donnell said, "Lies, Liar or Lying," during his limited airtime, but I can't find it, now. Anyone know where it is?

(If it turns out to be in this thread, I will probably go get drunk or something, because I've searched every page in this thread twice, Embarassed along with srounds' thread where he posted the links to the audio files he made.)
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Help - I know I saw someone post a breakdown somewhere of how many times O'Donnell said, "Lies, Liar or Lying," during his limited airtime, but I can't find it, now. Anyone know where it is?

ord33 wrote:

I was curious, so I did a count of how many times Lawrence O'Donnell said "lies" "liar" or "lying".

Here are the staggering results! --46 total times in 10 min. 45 seconds (much of which he was not talking)

Full Liar Tally here

Last edited by poseidon on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

(If it turns out to be in this thread, I will probably go get drunk or something, because I've searched every page in this thread twice, Embarassed along with srounds' thread where he posted the links to the audio files he made.)

I have looked for using the search function and so far have not found it. If I do I will post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: