SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans React To Wounded Soldier’s Beating (SBVT mentioned)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeniadif
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: GREAT news! Throw the book at him! Reply with quote

I will be sending a thank you note to the news organization that followed up on this incident. Without positive reinforcement we tend to slack off!

Ilove what the Swift Boat Vets represent!

Honesty...Integrity...do I need to go on?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They REALLY need to show his picture soon, so we can forward it all over the internet Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he does time and with a cellmate named BUBBA, then BUBBA does a number on him.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRENT CORNWELL of Blacklist

What can "his side of the story" POSSIBLY be?!?...

That he's a coward who sucker-punched a real American hero?
That he's a coward who forgot to take his meds?
That he's a coward who's parents beat him with a wet sock?

Game over, Brent.

Wished I lived in Ohio.

SOTG
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
Subject: US Special Forces requests your help for assaulted soldier on leave in Ohio..jir
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:49:30 EDT
PFC Foster Barton-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Coombs [E-mail address removed by Admin] Members of Chapter 54, SFA... I received a couple of messages from Mike Linnane, a former SF Officer and pulled out the necessary information.
Dear Veterans and friends of Veterans, We have to nip this one in the bud and right now. Yesterday, PFC Foster Barton (age 19), a soldier home on medical leave from Iraq due to a serious knee wound that required 2 surgeries, was assaulted for wearing a pro-military T-shirt at a concert. He was kicked and beaten unconscious. According to the police report, six witnesses stated the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about US soldiers. PFC Barton's unit is still in Iraq and he expects to be sent back. We must not allow this Purple Heart Veteran to carry the sole message of his attack back to the troops. Nor can we allow the attack to be his life-long memory of his nation's gratitude for his service. I have spoken with Jeb Phillips, the Columbus Ohio reporter, who wrote this up. Jeb has agreed to accept and forward letters and packages to PFC Foster Barton. My letter and gift will be in today's mail.
The above was from yesterday's message. Today, I received this one from Mike. PFC Barton follow-up. I just received a call from a Nancy Burton. She identified herself as an NBC4 reporter in Columbus Ohio. I told her quickly that I'm glad she did not say CBS. She responded just as quickly that she is glad about that too. Nancy told me she and her TV station actually broke the story first and plan a follow-up today. She has the family's permission to release PFC Barton's address. It is below. PFC Foster Barton
Do what your heart tells you is right. I sent the soldier a check. Bill Coombs

I think it is great that this soldier is getting a lot of support. Whoever did this to him needs to be prosecuted and brought to harsh justice. However, I don't think it is a good idea to have this address posted here. This site gets a lot of attention and the anti-war activists are ruthless in their efforts to dissuade and undermine our military. This young man does not need to be subjected to any more of their venom. Please find another way to distribute the address to those who you KNOW mean him no harm.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS....this fellow needs a PO Box or a surrogate to accept the mail.

Please revise your email to delete his address. I mean this with all due respect to you and hope I am coming across that way.
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited out the Address for the Soldier. In this time of War on Terror, it is not a great idea to distribute any Servicemans Contact Information. Yes, it was authorised for Public Release by his mother, however that in my opinion was not the most intelligent thing to do. Between terrorist and low lifes who would beat a wounded soldier unconscious, he may not just get warm and fuzzy letters of encouragement.
I know it was well meant, but we need to maintain a view of the larger picture. Not everyone agrees with the War on Terror and there are some real losers in that crowd.
If you have his adress and care to share it with people you know and trust, do so. (In Private please) Let's Protect the privacy and possible safetey of this man who has already given so much.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, an army guy beating up another army guy - that's messed up.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Veterans React Reply with quote

This guy should do some serious jail time.

RHV
mdcrandall
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: army guy vs. army guy. hmmmm when have we seen that before Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
Wow, an army guy beating up another army guy - that's messed up.

Isn't that the whole point of this website??????

Isn't that exactly what we are talking about.

John Kerry and the VVAW sucker punched an entire generation of their fellow servicemen and then beat on them when they were down.

Frankly this incident is not so much surprising as it is pathetic.

Maybe in 30 years we will see Cornwell nominated for President by one of our major political parties.

mdcrandall
Proud to be
#3 Son of Snake
www.xav8er.com
#3 Son of Snake
(www.xav8er.com)
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: GREAT!!! Reply with quote

WOW.

I was almost expecting this scum to slip away. This guy should be treated like the slime he is and never get peace for the rest of his lives until he reaches the karmic levels of a maggot..

I am already forwarding this to all my friends and telling them to spread it on. This one will hurt Kerry more than anything. Any confirmation yet that he was a registered voter for HanoiJohn?

Prince Lazar
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some enterprising Photo Shop expert will probably have him being congratulated by Kerry at an anti-war rally soon. Very Happy
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin. Thanks for deleting that from my post. !!!!
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
PS....this fellow needs a PO Box or a surrogate to accept the mail.

Washington Dispatch Article excerpt:
"Mike Linnane, a retired Special Forces soldier believes we must not allow this attack to become the life-long memory on Barton's feelings about the nation’s gratitude for his service. Says Linnane, “I have spoken with Jeb Phillips, the Columbus Ohio reporter, who wrote this up. Phillips has agreed to accept and forward letters and packages to PFC Foster.” Correspondence can be addressed to:

PFC Foster Barton
C/o Jeb Phillips
Columbus Dispatch
34 South 3rd Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215

“I invite all of you to join me in expressing our gratitude to this young American hero”, says Linnane. “Let’s tell him and his buddies what America really thinks about his service.”

Full Washington Dispatch Article:

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10149.shtml
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the SOBs pic. Forward it around pleeeze! He looks exactly like I thought he would - and to top it off, he has a smirk that doesn't dissapoint! Dunno - maybe they found a few tatoos on this guy - like a swastika or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: