SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's hear it from the troops
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why couldn't these letters be sent to the media? could this possibly help? maybe to the ones that are a little more conservative since I feel they might be more apt to do something about it.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: troops in iraq Reply with quote

I feel we need to get all those comments and letters out to msm and demand they read them on the shows, linda vester on fox would do it she is always asking for good news from iraq, also I am sure hannity would do it on H&C, also scarborough would do it, this info needs to reach the gullible public out there
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: full page add... Reply with quote

Somone posted that my post Dear America should also be moved here. I have had this letter verified to be correct. I am thinking about taking a full page add out in our once/a week local newspaper and would like to publish some of these letters. What do I need to do this. And could people please verify these letters posted here. I see some have links and all. Would I need to contact each of the authors,or just go ahead and print em?

Does swiftvets have any adds premade to newspaper format and would the newspaper allow me publish such a thing?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these letters were intended to be broadcast via emails, blogs and web sites.

The Swifts do indeed, have a print ad in circulation - if it's cheap enough for you to get it printed in your local paper, feel free to do that.

http://swift3.he.net/~swift3/answers.pdf

I've printed out a ton, along with my own essays - in booklet form, rolled up, they fit neatly into the space between the doorknob and doorjamb. Smile
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: printing Reply with quote

would a newspaper allow me to print any of these letters?
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of getting some good rebuttal to this MSNBC web story stating that troops are questioning their mission. The operative word in the story is "some" troops, but it is being spun online in discussion as wide spread troop doubts question their mission.

For Marines, Iraq a frustrating fight
Some soldiers question how and why war is being waged

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6214573/
Kwik K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depotoo wrote:
why couldn't these letters be sent to the media? could this possibly help? maybe to the ones that are a little more conservative since I feel they might be more apt to do something about it.

I have sent the Dear America letter, to every single show on ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. (at least ten shoes per network and have gotten any personal response.)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you might enjoy this. It isn't often one gets to meet a true hero face to face. He caught me a bit off guard when he thanked me for my service in Vietnam. Most people did just the opposite.

I just got home last night from attending the funeral of my wife's uncle in Oklahoma and a visit to my mother in Texas. My mother has terminal lymphoma and is resting peacefully at home with Hospice caring for her. While I was in Madill, Oklahoma, where my mother-in-law lives, I managed to pull a muscle in my back and went to the emergency room. That morning she had told us about one of their local doctors who has made several trips to Iraq and was just back from his last one. She had a newspaper cliping where the doctor had written a letter to the editor in the Madill Record dated Thursday, September 23 telling about his work in Iraq. During a trip in May, while enroute to meet some Special Forces troops and set up another clinic for Iraqi civilians, his convoy was the target of a roadside bomb. One of his medics, Sgt. Jeff Shaver of Washington state, was killed and some of the civilians in the convoy were injured, some killed, and he received shrapnel in his back that broke a rib. He went to visit the fallen soldier's family after he got back. The doctor's name is Pete Chambers, and he was wearing his "Iraqi Freedom" T-shirt under his scrubs and had a purple heart on his camo ball cap. I believe he said he is in the National Guard. His wife is also a doctor. He had the nurse give me a shot, and he prescribed some pain medicine and a muscle relaxer. We had a nice visit. He told me he had another patient who was a Swift Boater, and I think he meant that he was there at the same time I was because he kept leaving and going to see someone else while they observed me to make sure the meds didn't have an adverse effect on me. Unfortunately, I failed to get the Swift Boater's name -- wasn't thinking too clearly at the time. Regardless of how anyone feels about the war, Dr. Pete Chambers and the rest of them are heores, and I hope they get the respect and praise they deserve.

If the Swift Boater who was there being treated by Dr. Pete Chambers reads this, maybe you could add some more about him. If this man is an example of the fine men and women we are sending to represent us and defeat the terrorists, we can all be extremely proud to be represented by such heroes.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent in a letter from a soldier in Iraq to my local paper asking them to print it and some others now and then. It's the least we can do to get their message out. I'm pretty confident that the public would appreciate it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More good news from Iraq, posted by one of our members:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12117
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this link works....From our Soldiers to you...The good things that are happening in Iraq that the MSM won't tell you about....Allawi gave a the lowdown in his speech to Congress, but MSM glossed over that too.

http://www.loveourtroops.us/whatloveourtroops.htm
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Excellent! Loved it and have posted the link on some left-wing forums just to get them going. Wink
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My journey with the swift vets

5/21/04 I met up with my Navy recruit son on his first liberty after boot camp and his two brothers at Six Flags Great America Gurnee, IL. Strangers came up and thanked him for his service, we went to UNO’s for pizza and they gave him a military discount, we played mini golf and my son received another military discount. It was such a relief to see the shift in public opinion from my 1975-1979 service. Suddenly it all crashed when one of his brothers told me that during another liberty on 5/30/04 while visiting the Chicago loop a hippie type on a bicycle waived his middle finger at my uniformed son. Then the memory of my personal public mistreatment while in my Air Force uniform popped into my mind. And then I became consumed with all the stories of public mistreatments that were shared with me as we patrolled the 90th MSS missile wing. I remember how the honorable men I served with rarely talked about Vietnam however they had no loss of words when it came to Hanoi John & Jane. I also remembered security briefings that included potential threats from the VVAW.

I GOOGLED VVAW in my search to discover roots of how Americans came to the place were they hate their own military. I was flabbergasted to discover that Hanoi John was actually John Kerry we perceived as a threat during the cold war. And the ideal that he could actually become my sons CIC, well it just can’t happen John Kerry should be in prison not President of the United States of America. Well after that discovery it only took me a few minutes to stumble into the Swift Boat Veterans for truth.

And to any one out their that wrongfully depicts our troops better duck and cover because for me and any others that would like to join in we will hunt you down take you into court and sue you for libel. Your lies will become public record and we will take as much money from you as we can get to go after the next zero who spews lies about our men and women who are protecting our freedoms. We need to reclaim the libel laws in such a time as this and it is my opinion we go after Michael Moore first. We can not effectually fight the war on terror while people like Michael Moore undermine the troops and public opinion with treasonous trash. We stood by in 1971 while Kerry spewed his lies and look what it has brought us today. If Moore goes unchallenged in the courts sends the wrong message that it is ok in America to package a pile of lies and market it as a documentary. If this goes unchallenged the value of all future documentaries will be diminished. If Moore goes unchallenged he and others like him will continue to wrongfully depict our troop’s one libelous documentary after the next.

We must seize this moment to end the cycle of libelous depictions of our troops.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyMedicsMom wrote:
I hope this link works....From our Soldiers to you...The good things that are happening in Iraq that the MSM won't tell you about....Allawi gave a the lowdown in his speech to Congress, but MSM glossed over that too.

"Wrong war wrong time wrong place" - John Kerry

From me to you Mr. Kerry I will not sit quietly and watch you do to this generation of troops like you did to the Vietnam era troops. I will defend our troops with every ounce of resolve I have until the day I take my last dying breath.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

From me to you Mr. Kerry I will not sit quietly and watch you do to this generation of troops like you did to the Vietnam era troops. I will defend our troops with every ounce of resolve I have until the day I take my last dying breath.

Amen to that! There are so many more of us now, than back then. We can stand up to anything.

That soldier in Bainbridge, WA (as CWV reminded me in a PM) ended up receiving calls and cards and letters and care packages from all over the country.

The family who lost a son in Iraq and who was chased away from a candlelight vigil in Texas ended up receiving much in the way of support from the country - far outnumbering the bitter few that chose to hurl vile invective at them during the "vigil," which was, in actuality, an anti-military demonstration, dressed up as a peace event and tribute to the troops.

This country is NOT going to let this crap happen, again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: