SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Navy. It's obvious that Kerry removed something. What could it be that was not a violation?

There must be better film on this somewhere. Didn't FOX supply the camera feed for the debate? There were multiple camera angles. Anyone know how to get to the other shots?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to write to Major Garrett.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wrote to Drudge. And I am going to write to Jim Lehrer about this.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
Misty wrote:
Of course, we know that Kerry's side went out immediately after the debate and ran footage of the President's facial expressions. The debate rules also stated that the speaking candidate was the only one who was supposed to be filmed but the media refused to accept that rule and filmed the non-speaking candidate anyhow.

As usual, it appears that the Dems have circumvented the rules they had agreed to. Frankly, if I were the President I would be pi$$ed. The dems don't even seem bound by their own agreements. They are absolutely not trust-worthy. The American people should beware.

I heard on Fox Friday something about using the debate footage....I came in the middle of the report, but I *think* I heard that either the campaign itself or the network may NOT use the footage, HOWEVER, the surrogates (ie, DNC or the RNC), can use the footage of the debates. I think the RNC has some footage of Kerry up already.
Not 100% sure on this, so don't take my word for it.

Also, I think both candidates brought out a sheet of paper to write notes on, but I didn't notice if Kerry had more than one sheet or not. hmmmm Rolling Eyes

I think you are right about that....you have to be real careful about agreements with Kerry because they play fast and free with words.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the following email to Jim Lehrer:

Dear Mr. Lehrer:

Your role in enforcing the rules of the first presidential debate requires that I ask you two questions directly:

1) What was it that John Kerry removed from his breast pocket and placed on the lectern in front of him before the debate began? It looked like a white paper of some sort and he seemed to 'unfold' it. Notes were forbidden. In fact, the candidates were not allowed to bring anything extraneous to the debate. That was a rule. You can see Mr. Kerry doing this at the beginning of the debate. I saw him do it that night and I have it on tape.

2) I would also like to know, in your opinion, why Senator Kerry said, 'homeland security...we'll get to that later.' How did he know you would get to that later?

With all due respect, sir, these two questions deserve answers.

Sincerely,
(edited to remove your personal information - EJ)
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic letter! I sure hope he answers you. Shall we take bets?
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, Fox's Beltway Boys is about to do a segment on the debate rules.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Fantastic letter! I sure hope he answers you. Shall we take bets?

Thanks! But don't hold your breath Confused
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, forget about it. They only mentioned camera angles and split screen shots.
I think it will take a huge effort by other than us to get this acknowledged.
I'm trying to get onto Free Republic to see if there is any mention of this or a good place to post it, but all day the site has timed out on my attempts to logon.
heywood
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

Ummm... guys? Do you have any idea how silly this all sounds?

Is this what debate about important issues like the president has really become, so venemous that folks are grasping at any straw to impeach "the enemy?" (Keep in mind that some 50 million people watched the debate live -- the chance of anyone slipping something like that by the rest of us is pretty slim.)

I know you're angry. Times are tough for a lot of us out here. The last thing we need to do is let the professional agitators get in between us and drive us apart like this. There are a great many folks in the media who profit from getting folks all worked up. On both sides of the aisle. After all, more controversy, more ratings. More ratings, more dollars.

They profit at the expense of decency... and at expense of democracy. And we'll all pay for it in the end.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally I got onto Free Republic and searched "Kerry cheated" and found this:
Quote:
btw, Kerry broke the rules. He brought written notes in his jacket pocket, while Bush followed the rules about not bringing talking points. I don't know how that would be addressed, but that's why Kerry was able to stay on his points, and it speaks well for Bush, that just on memory, he got every name and nation correct.

I still haven't read the entire thread, but here is the link
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1233247/posts
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heywood wrote:
Wow...

Ummm... guys? Do you have any idea how silly this all sounds?

Is this what debate about important issues like the president has really become, so venemous that folks are grasping at any straw to impeach "the enemy?" (Keep in mind that some 50 million people watched the debate live -- the chance of anyone slipping something like that by the rest of us is pretty slim.)

I know you're angry. Times are tough for a lot of us out here. The last thing we need to do is let the professional agitators get in between us and drive us apart like this. There are a great many folks in the media who profit from getting folks all worked up. On both sides of the aisle. After all, more controversy, more ratings. More ratings, more dollars.

They profit at the expense of decency... and at expense of democracy. And we'll all pay for it in the end.

It may be wrong to jump to conclusions regarding what was taken out of his pocket, but nobody can dispute after watching the video that Sen. Kerry did indeed remove something from his pocket and place it on the podium. The issue is at least not following the rules. Both parties signed stating they would comply. It seems Sen. Kerry did not do so. I'm not saying this "altered" the debate necessarily, but it sure seems to be not following the rules, that is evident and can be established.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About one month back I posted here my concerns relating to the upcoming debates titled " The Liberals are setting a Trap."

#1 I was appalled that the Debates Commission had chosen 4 liberals to moderate the debates.

#2 I was worried that all four moderators resides within a few miles of each other in NW Washinton, D.C. and Chevy Chase, Md. and the possibility of collusion. ( Kerry`s Georgetown home is also close by.)

#3 I knew all the MSM would create an all out blitz to declare Kerry the winner. Would our few reps. in the media succomb under the pressure? (By the way, on substance. Bush won.)

#4 Within a few days of the debates they would produce polls showing Bush had lost his lead.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne, your first question is the issue. The second question about homeland security is a no go. The debate issue itself was on foriegn affairs and homeland security. So it was easy to assume questions were forthcoming.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebTalk wrote:
Folks, forget about it. They only mentioned camera angles and split screen shots.
I think it will take a huge effort by other than us to get this acknowledged.
I'm trying to get onto Free Republic to see if there is any mention of this or a good place to post it, but all day the site has timed out on my attempts to logon.

I was on there earlier, and did a search for "Kerry cheated"......It didn't bring anything up, but it has been down since then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: