SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newsweek poll: Bush lead gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree, I dont believe Newsweek. Just watch this Sun& Mon. Already LA Times Sunday is saying Bush actually got a small bounce.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree: I believe that Bush is who he is and like it or not he should not change. Is anyone really surprised that the MSM is putting a spin on this debate or anything else.? Come on folks, Don't get scared now we have been through so much of this that it is just expected in my eyes. Myself and most would agree that Kerry is nothing without the Media and if we stay the course and just continue to debunk his lies, we will be alright.

Here we are It's October 2nd. and you believe that there are that many undecided voters? This election has been decided already and the more that Kerry talks, the more people realize that he's unfit. Global Test, Drafts, world courts, He calls the interim president of Iraq a puppet and then declare that we need to build up better allies, He says the war was a mistake and that it is a good just cause! Before we panic and say Bush needs to change his strategy, It must be first know that Bush will never change who he is and where he stands. Don't expect him to bring up Kerrys history in the Military, Don't expect him to ever take the "Low road" and most of all, Don't buy into the Main Stream Media !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTACKM is correct. We don't want W to be a big fake. Get a grip and work off you concerns by emailing the media. Copy out the debate and read it, Kerry messed up big time on several things.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Bush lead not gone Reply with quote

WE MUST STAY RESOLUTE. WE CHANGED THE ELECTION WE CAN DO IT AGAIN BY STAYING ON THE ORIGINAL ISSUE THAT KERRY IS UNFIT FOR COMMAND. JUST BECAUSE HE HAS SPENT 20 YEARS DEBATING IN THE SENATE DOES NOT MEAN HE IS FIT TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

PUSH THE ISSUES!! "GLOBAL TEST", "KIOTO TREATY", "WORLD COURT"" , Testimony before the US Senate in 1071

This guy has no position to be the President of the US. Keep pressing the issue!!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WE MUST STAY RESOLUTE. WE CHANGED THE ELECTION WE CAN DO IT AGAIN BY STAYING ON THE ORIGINAL ISSUE THAT KERRY IS UNFIT FOR COMMAND. JUST BECAUSE HE HAS SPENT 20 YEARS DEBATING IN THE SENATE DOES NOT MEAN HE IS FIT TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

That is what this is all about, well said..However, sometimes we get so upset about the daily reactions, it is the final result that counts...and it will be OURS..
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy going to 7-11 and getting a coffee in the 20 ounce Bush Cup, and usually someone will start asking questions about the election. This morning I talked to the mother of two teens who was in fear of the Draft. I put her mind at ease and in the process had pleanty of people around hearing the truth about Kerry and the spin that the Media is putting on everything. People want to know more about issues and if everything that they get is from the "lefties" then shame on us for not having our voice heard !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: More issues Reply with quote

I would like to add to issues that "brotherofvietvet" wants to push:

NUCLEAR FUEL TO IRAN

From debate transcript:

Kerry: "With respect to Iran, the British, French, and Germans were the ones who initiated an effort without the United States, regrettably, to begin to try to move to curb the nuclear possibilities in Iran. I believe we could have done better.
I think the United States should have offered the opportunity to provide the nuclear fuel, test them, see whether or not they were actually looking for it for peaceful purposes."

He wants to "provide nuclear fuel" to Iran, while they're developing nuclear weapons!!! CRAZY and EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!!!

Iran is sitting on so much oil, they don't NEED nuclear electric power, and the United States hasn't built a nuclear reactor IN THIS COUNTRY since 1983 (Three Mile Island incident). Who is Kerry kidding???

I've e-mailed Hannity about this, and also the Bush campaign
website.

Anywhere else we should press THIS issue?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: HERE IS THE THEME OF OUR CAMPAIGN Reply with quote

This is what I was afraid of. The MSM will spin this debate and then just reverse the whole thing. It's predictable and Mr. Bush just gave them a free ammunition to do that. He should have known better and the camp should have known much better. All the blame to the one(s) who insisted that Bush should campaign in the morning and noon before the debate. Fatigue can be big problem.

Look...next will come Time: the race is tight. Next the New York Times: Kerry is ahead. LA Times: Kerry is slightly ahead.

You don't give a liar a chance to lie.

Bush's camp must conduct a superb preparation before going into the second debate. I did sense not only complacency, but also a little bit arrogancy of the camp before the first debate. Somehow, they didn't even read the WSJ the night before the debate. The paper already provided a line of attack on Kerry's talking point of 90% casualties and $200 billion dollars.

next generation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to NewsMax, for the internals on the Gallup poll. They tell a VERY different story than the MSM is reporting!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/2/95512.shtml
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know how to understand the latest Newsweek polls. Just look at the numbers. Those are confusing.

So, Bush's approval rating is 46 (hmm...I wonder whether they "invented" this number. Dan Rather would be happy to have another fellow). And compare to this: 55 percent versus 29 percent believe the president will be re-hired on Nov. 2. And suddenly Kerry is more honest than Bush, and Bush is more negative.

We are probably safe to assume that the majority of the respondents are liberals.

===== Link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6159637/site/newsweek/

Portion of the report:

In fact, Kerry’s numbers have improved across the board, while Bush’s vulnerabilities have become more pronounced. The senator is seen as more intelligent and well-informed (80 percent, up six points over last month, compared to Bush’s steady 59 percent); as having strong leadership skills (56 percent, also up 6 points, but still less than Bush’s 62 percent) and as someone who can be trusted to make the right calls in an international crisis (51 percent, up five points and tied with Bush).

Meanwhile, Bush’s approval ratings have dropped to below the halfway mark (46 percent) for the first time since the GOP convention in late August. Nearly half of all voters (48 percent) say they do not want to see Bush re-elected, while 46 percent say they do. Still, a majority of voters (55 percent versus 29 percent) believe the president will be re-hired on Nov. 2.

Neither man was seen as a particularly stronger leader (44 percent Bush, 47 percent Kerry), more negative (37 percent Bush, 36 percent Kerry) or more honest (43 percent Bush, 45 percent Kerry).
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Rasmussen Polls Reply with quote

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm

Rasmussen poll results are moving averages over 3 days of polling. The results released today were from 2/3 interviewed before the debate, 1/3 after. The results released yesterday were for people all interviewed before the debate.

If we compare the two results:

10/1 (before debates) Bush 48.7 Kerry 45.3 Bush +3.4
10/2 (2/3 before, 1/3 after) Bush 48.6 Kerry 45.6 Bush +3.0

If the poll numbers were constant for the three days before the debate, the net 0.4% gain by Kerry could actually be three times that much for the day after the debate, or about 1.2%. In fact, Rasmussen writes:

"In last night's sample, 6% of voters say they changed their minds following the debate. This includes 3% who are now voting for Kerry, 2% for Bush, and 1% who are now undecided. "

Translation: a net loss of 1% for Bush. Not a great result, but not a catastrophe, so far. It will be interesting to see the results on Monday 10/4, when all the polling will have been after the debate.

I've been following Rasmussen polls since April, and I've noticed that they don't vary much in either direction. When some polls were showing Kerry ahead by 7-9% when he won the primaries, Rasmussen showed him up 1-2%. When Bush was way ahead with Gallup in September, Rasmussen had him up 3-4%.

I'm not sure what causes this, whether other polls exaggerate swings in the electorate (possibly by biased sampling using more Democrats than Republicans or vice versa), or whether Rasmussen is missing something.

But, for our purposes, let's assume Newsweek is right, Kerry is ahead, and we've got to bring him down.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info on this totally bogus Newsweak poll.

http://politicalvicesquad.blogspot.com/2004/10/liberal-media-cognitive-dissonance.html

Debbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: