SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Time Voter, my religion forbid serving country/voting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Quaker. Not too many of us in the US any more. But the Quaker teachings are that "There is that of God in Every Man" hence we do not participate in wars or killing, etc because it would be in essence killing that part of God who is in our enemies.

However, when you put this into context of a radical islamic fundamentalist who believes because we - as Americans- are infidels and Godless and must be slaughtered in order to send them to their Glory and 72 Virgins- even a Quaker can see that the use of our Lord has been perverted by these people. Supporting a war that helps rid the TRULY Godless - and a terrorist is Godless- is not taking away God from another human being...it is saving God within the hearts of all who believe in Him- be they Quaker, Catholic, Jewish, or HONEST TRUE Muslim.

Good for you for standing up for your beliefs. You are helping America and our President keep the Godless from destroying the GOOD in the world. And in truth, in the broader spectrum of the world-wide war on terror, you are helping save the world as we know it.

How anyone can support a man who does not see the vast consequences of retreating from the most frightening war our Nation has ever been faced with is beyond me. And the fact that certain other Nations do not CARE that the world as we know could be changed by a laissez-faire attitude is truly astounding.

When will the other 50% wake up and GET IT? This is it. The most far reaching decision they will ever make. Do they actually get blinded by partison spin and forget the future they are leaving for their children's children???

Red
And YES I like oatmeal.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel terribly bad about the men who served in Vietnam. These are the men of my generation. So many gave their life andthe ones that survived were treated so badly by Americans when they returned .

Don't feel bad about that, it built character. Wink You won't find a tighter group around than the Vietnam vets, and that's because of the way we were treated. It caused a lot of pain, but in the long run it formed us into a group that stands together and doesn't take much BS. I cherish that. Welcome to the group and thanks for your support, you made the right choice. Be safe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobD wrote:
From one political junkie to another, Welcome aboard and we tolerate all that will not be voteing for JFnKerry.

And God bless you from another political junkie!!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: