SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What people are afraid to say: Civil War (long)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been feeling a lot of the same kinds of heavy tension in the last few weeks myself. The hatred and inability to reason on the part of the extremists is very dangerous and in the 60's and 70's did lend itself to a lot of violence. We are not immune to another civil war. With the current tensions, I think all it would take is a flashpoint, but I'm not willing to try to predict what that specifically would be. Don't think the extremists would fight? Ever heard of a mob mentality, where people do incredibly stupid things because the group they are with are whipped into a frenzy?

I am saddened by the way I see things going. I am saddened that it might come, but I am ready for it if it does. If it becomes a war in the streets, I'll stand and fight. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I'm reminded of Abraham Lincoln's quote from the Bible: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I pray that doesn't come to pass.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this myself today and all I could think of was what Kerry and his buddy's might try when his life long plan goes poof. I just hope like hell the FBI & Secret Service have a tail on the likes of Camil. Considering the potential agendas of these folks during their VVAW activities, is it possible some of their old plots could be revamped?
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same concerns, and I try to put it out of my mind and think positive. But I always come back to the UN election inspectors we'll have to contend with this time. And I wonder if there's any possibility that the UN would declare the election void and send UN troups to enforce the UN control of our dear land.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: What people are afraid to say: Civil War (long) Reply with quote

Poposwife_Retiredarmywife wrote:
I've been quiet for a while...I do that when I'm chewing something over in my mind.

Many times people have mentioned that a sort of Civil War/Revolutionary War is going on over the internet right now. That to an extent is true, however I feel its much more pervasive than we imagine it to be.

The violence that has been reported falls under a percentage. Like an Iceburg only a tiny percent of what you see on the surface can represent what is below.

I fear for our President Ladies and Gentlemen, I fear for our country.

We can no longer shy away from the reality of the situation. There WILL be rioting, there WILL be drive by shootings, there WILL be beatings and vandalism.

I would not be surprised if Mr. Kerry decided to beard our Eagle in his nest at the White House.

Our President is a thoughtful and caring man. His heart is huge, things touch him and he is unafraid to show that. He is strong of will, but still able to bend to compromise if the occasion calls for it.

He truly cares for this country.

What I fear, is that he will step down rather than allow this sort of violence. That his huge heart won't allow him to stand and fight, because of the agony it will cause this country.

don't worry, Bush is strong from the inside out. Remember 2000.... he stayed out of the limelight and let the demos all run around and go crazy.... he stayed calm in the storm.... and he will again.
This time he is in the White House and is President.... Kerry and Kamp will backdown - if they don't, we'll probably have to uniform up our veterans and circle the WH !
But NOW WE MUST not go away quietly and let the liberals continue to run the colleges and other schools (branwash our kids) and our cities etc... we need to overtake them.... and get God back in out center and we need to REFORM the immigrant laws.... and keep so many from coming in - they've been coming in for so long and just waiting like the terrorists cells.... settling in all over the country into high offices etc and slowly, slowly changing our laws and our way of life - and calling it progress - and we let them. and those with the BIG BIG money like soros and peter lewis etc are all over and money is their power - that's why they are backing Kerry - he is their link to the power of this country - he gets it and we are doomed. Look what their money and films and filth has done to our lives now?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to split up. Why make each other miserable. Let the left coast be it's own leftee nation. Let the blue states in the northeast go to Canada. Give New Mexico to Mexico. I'm tired of their crap.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
Maybe it's time to split up. Why make each other miserable. Let the left coast be it's own leftee nation. Let the blue states in the northeast go to Canada. Give New Mexico to Mexico. I'm tired of their crap.

There was this smart old guy, Robert Heinlein. Science Fiction writer.

Nobody is a perfect prophet, including Heinlein. But RAH's technique for tales and incidental writings, was to try logically extrapolating current events/situations into the future.

He was predicting that USSR would fall apart of its own weight, a decade or two before it happened. Everybody thought Heinlein was nuts, and even the CIA didn't see the breakup coming, a year before it happened.

Heinlein also wrote some stories about a balkanized USA... Sure, its only science fiction, and even a broken clock is correct twice a day...

OTOH, Heinlein nailed the balkanization of the USSR, when nobody else saw it coming...

If things go on like this for a few more years, perhaps the Red-Blue map shows the future international border lines (GRIN).
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Civil War? How lopsided could it get?
Liberals who don't believe in gun ownership against Conservatives who own more guns than all the standing armies on the planet combined.
The war would be over in 2 days.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
A Civil War? How lopsided could it get?
Liberals who don't believe in gun ownership against Conservatives who own more guns than all the standing armies on the planet combined.
The war would be over in 2 days.

Well, the red states have most of the nukes too (GRIN). Not to mention most of the food, and most of the domestic oil.

This is just idle speculation, please don't take it seriously...

If geographical political disagreements get really extreme, it is conceivable there could be a relatively bloodless falling-apart, similar to what took place in the USSR.

Have wondered what would happen if some small state, maybe Delaware, were to secede from the union in modern times? In the current 24 hour news climate, would the Feds go in and kill half the population, or just let em go? I'm guessing they would just let em go.

But if Hillary is president, all bets are off. With a president Hillary, it might be a huge replay of Waco.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't as easy as just wanting to secede.
New York was the first state to issue Articles of Secession and present them to the federal government. This was before the War of 1861 when the Southern States seceded and New York is still in the Union as are all the states of the South.
I don't know what it takes to withdraw from the Union, but none have been successful to date.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:

Actually, San Diego and LA can go to Mexico, and SFO can be it's own Island. The rest of California is RED. Makes me sick that SFO and Marin effectively control 55 electoral votes.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the balkanized blue regions would be, "The People's Republic of Hillarystein" and the red regions would be, "The United Federation of Flyoverovia". (GRIN)
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't all of ya'll just come on down to Texas? We've got all the oil, most of the cattle (best steaks), beaches, mountains, plains, forests, etc etc etc. We can seceed and become the United States of Texas. Bush would be our Prez and we would have a strict immigration policy. All borders closed to liberals.

Let's see how long the other states would last without oil and Texas BBQ. Wink
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why don't all of ya'll just come on down to Texas? We've got all the oil, most of the cattle (best steaks), beaches, mountains, plains, forests, etc etc etc. We can seceed and become the United States of Texas.

You left out the most compelling reason: Texas women!

If all my ex's didn't live in "Baja Oklahoma", I would seriously consider it. After all, Texas is already a republic (NOT a state!) and that's halfway to being free....
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
Why don't all of ya'll just come on down to Texas? We've got all the oil, most of the cattle (best steaks), beaches, mountains, plains, forests, etc etc etc. We can seceed and become the United States of Texas.

You left out the most compelling reason: Texas women!

If all my ex's didn't live in "Baja Oklahoma", I would seriously consider it. After all, Texas is already a republic (NOT a state!) and that's halfway to being free....

That's right. We've already got the jump on it. And Texas women ARE the best. THe captial would be Crawford and the White House would be the ranch. We could whistle for some cattle ranchers and oilfield workers to round out the congress.

The Texas Rangers could secure the borders and the Texas Army would be our defense (do NOT mess with those boys).

I love it when a plan comes together. Wink
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fits in with another of my favorite intellectual concepts - Cold Civil War. That is what America has been experiencing since at least the mid 1960s. It appears that it could turn hot.

In addition to invoking thoughts about the Russian revolution in 1916 & 1917, you might also want to consider the precedents of Spain in 1936, just before their civil war, and Chile immediateley pre and during the Allende period.

If the Cold Civil War does turn hot, just remember - Geneva conventions don't apply. They won't be taking prisoners, and we should take them only long enough to "talk with them".

A pimple can hurt while it is developing, and it can be messy when you pop it. But if you pop that pimple and drain it thoroughly, it eventually heals.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: