SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabato speculates about big endorsement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Post to endorse Bush? Heard that rumor a couple weeks ago. Figure if they do, Ceci Connelly might off herself.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Gore will endorse Kerry. According to recent history, that would alter the election, but in favor of Bush. Very Happy

On the other hand, the President said something that caught my attention last week. He made a comment to the effect that he now knows who he can trust and who has betrayed him.

Does anyone know who in the Bush Administration today could have signed a medical waiver for Kerry to go to Vietnam in 1968?

SBD
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Hopefully Gore will endorse Kerry. According to recent history, that would alter the election, but in favor of Bush. Very Happy

On the other hand, the President said something that caught my attention last week. He made a comment to the effect that he now knows who he can trust and who has betrayed him.

Does anyone know who in the Bush Administration today could have signed a medical waiver for Kerry to go to Vietnam in 1968?

SBD

John McCain? Brent Scowcroft? Lehman?
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR doesn't know anything. He's just baiting still trying to get that traitor on his show. He really is a bore.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy Reagan endorsing Kerry wouldn't surprise me, but it would sadden me. With Christopher Reeve's recent death, all the talk about stem-cell research, Edwards saying that "When John Kerry is president (ick!), people like Christopher Reeve will walk again... She may have bought what they're selling. Crying or Very sad
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think John McCain's popluarity is a myth. Sure, he's popular with the media. He's popular with Democratic policitians becuase he votes against his party. But if he's so popular, why did Bush beat him out in 2000? I have yet to hear anyone in the midst of a conversation of current events, stop and say, "Does anyone know what John McCain thinks about this?"
Nevertheless, I doubt that McCain would go so far as to change his endorsement to Kerry. The Republican Senators would try to get him impeached from the Senate, or something.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been worried about Collin Powel. He is so serious and he did not attend the rep convention. He does not act very friendly with bush when they are seen together. not that i think he might turn on Bush, but I have thought his behavior odd.
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the reason Powell wasn't at the convention is because sitting Secretaries of State aren't allowed to attend party functions such as that. I may not have it exactly right, but I think there's something that bars them from appearing too "political".
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I just signed on to check in and WOW! Now, who could it be that would transform this race dramatically??? I am stunned, and I HOPE that the rumor is true..Liberman..that makes sense to me, I have not heard word one out of him..but would that change the race dramatically??? I am going to do some thinking tonight, and I can not wait for this one to break..Kerry campaign is down in the dumps today, you could see it all over their liberal mugs..something is up..well, I was going to take the weekend off of politics..but you know what? This is too good to be true!!!

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoEagles wrote:
Washington Post to endorse Bush? Heard that rumor a couple weeks ago. Figure if they do, Ceci Connelly might off herself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57584-2004Oct23.html

They just endorsed Kerry.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
I would not be surprised at all if Leiberman endorsed Bush. Given Kerry's weak or non support of Israel, Leiberman would be an idiot to vote for Kerry. It would take some backbone on his part though to endorse Bush.

If this turns out to be true, perhaps Senator Liberman was inspired by Zell Miller and his wonderful speech at the RNC convention. Liberman placing Nation about party..it could also mean sides are being taken within the Democratic Party for the soul/future of the party...moderate/conservative Dems finally trying to take back their party from the Micheal Moore/Hollywood Celeb kook fringe. Smile
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case

I emailed Kerry spot and asked what he knew about the BOR show with Sabato.

He emailed back(surprise Shocked ) and said the righties think it is Nancy but he doubts it. Would this lead us to believe he thinks the endorsement coming out is for Kerry?
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy in Montana just told me he saw a black helicopter headed for Dallas. On board were Joe Liberman and Nancy Reagan. John McCain was at the controls, and my friend swears that Colin Powell was hanging out the open door with an M-60. We'll know for sure when it lands on that grassy knoll.

Come on guys!

If anybody out there knows what's going to happen next week, would you please PM me the Powerball™ numbers? I promise to give ½ to the Swifties.

Better yet, who's going to win the World Series? These late nights are killing me.

Thank you.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be Lieberman. If you read Charles Krauthammers piece today he predicts that the only way that John Kerry (if elected) can get back in the good graces of France and Germany (old Europe) would be to sacrifice Israel. I think that thought would be enough to turn Joe Lieberman. The Jewish people need to wake up to this. John Kerry has not made any overtures to the Jews. He has largely ignored them this year.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Spot wrote:
COULD KERRY'S ISRAEL POLICY SINK HIM WITH JEWISH VOTERS? [10/22 11:23 AM]

We noted and discussed Charles Krauthammer’s column about a Kerry administration’s likely Israel policy earlier today. According to a Kerry Spot reader tuned in to the New York City-Washington Jewish political leaders, both Democrat and Republican, Krauthammer’s argument comes on the heels of a Martin Peretz column in the Los Angeles Times on Monday is generating a great deal of buzz.

Maybe Lieberman read this article also, assuming the endorsement is for Bush and not Kerry this would make sense. Would he pick country and heritage over party? Been to many post to remember but wasn't the speculation that the endorsement was for skerry or has my senses taken leave of me at this late hour?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: