SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Jazeera To Air New Tape Said To Be Bin Laden -MSNBC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bizarre I'm watching FOX and Osama spends most of the tape criticizing the Bush administration. He claims the 9/11 attacks would have been "less severe" had the Bush administration been "more alert". Does this guy know anything about the American people? Other then the kool aid drinkers no one is going to take his word over the president and the American military. This amounts to a UBL edorsement of Kerry.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a translation..

a salaam alaikom...
a salaam alaikom...

[Translation starts here]

My fellow Liberals in America. Hi. How are you doing? This is your Most Gracious Leader, Your Shadow Emperor speaking... I know that you are having your election next Tuesday. Did you miss me my beloved leftists and liberals? I know that so far you are working so hard and that's why I am so proud of you, my children, my servants. I am looking forward to your vote for John Kerry because he thinks I am like a fly on your noodle soup.

[laughter]

[inaudible]

Be that as it may, I am excited about the prospect of a Kerry presidency [sic]. 20 years of dismantling your military... Dismantling your intelligence... I can't ask for anything better...

[laughter]

I heard during the debates that Kerry will stop developing bunker-busting bombs. This is good for us because we hide in the deepest caverns you could only hope to live in. My fellow American liberals, this is the most fantastic news. Praise be to allah... Praise be to allah...

[inaudible]

Also I read that John Kerry thinks I am a nuisance.

[pauses]

Yes, yes, yes. This is most gracious because I'd been waiting for a man who thinks that I'm a prostitute. I am flushed.....

[pauses]

Your moron and dumb President, Bush, hasn't captured me.

[sighs]

I am counting on you Liberal Americans to make sure that because I haven't been captured, you liberals have a duty to tell everybody that Bush has failed so that you can have John Kerry as President who think I'm a nuisance. I am excited about this my fellow children. I will visit you soon my good liberal American friends. And whenever I get captured, I will always rely on you so that your soldiers will not put a panty on my head. That is most disgraceful..

[continued]
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean just said he sounds like Kerry! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stolen Honor
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
This is bizarre I'm watching FOX and Osama spends most of the tape criticizing the Bush administration. He claims the 9/11 attacks would have been "less severe" had the Bush administration been "more alert". Does this guy know anything about the American people? Other then the kool aid drinkers no one is going to take his word over the president and the American military. This amounts to a UBL edorsement of Kerry.
I hope Kerry and family are proud
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBL is not stupid. He already "misunderestimated" our President and our country with grave consequences to his constituency once. He's had plenty of time to reflect on that misjudgement.

If he doesn't know that his indictment of our President just gave him a couple of points and that a major attack before or on election day would give him a double-digit point advantage, then he's apparently lost something in all that moldering around in caves and getting hit in the head repeatedly by falling rock.

Signal, schmignal... he's evil, he's inhuman... but he's not stupid.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:

apparently Osama is on the Kerry Talking Points distribution list!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does it! I can't stand it any more. He convinced me. I am terrified. I promise, please osama, don't hurt me. I promise I'll vote for Kerry if you will just let us live. Please Please don't hurt us anymore. Sooooooobbbbbbbb.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Lily wrote:

apparently Osama is on the Kerry Talking Points distribution list!

If Kerry is elected, (!) expect him to sensitively work on a 8 point peace plan authored by Bin Laden Evil or Very Mad
noc
PO1

Oct 29, 4:16 PM (ET)

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - The Arab television station Al-Jazeera aired a video of Osama bin Laden on Friday directly admitting for the first time that he carried out the Sept. 11 attacks and promising to outline "the best way to avoid another Manhattan."

It was the first footage of the al-Qaida leader to surface in more than a year. The video showed bin Laden in traditional white robes, a turban and a cloak reading from papers and standing in front of a plain, brown cloth background.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," bin Laden said.

He said the attack was carried out because "we are a free people ... and we want to regain the freedom of our nation."

He also accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people three years since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.

off drudge
Lily
Lieutenant

Here's the headline at CNN, UBL is basically saying don't vote for Bush.

Bin Laden video: Americans' security does not depend on the president they elect, but on U.S. policy. "Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda."
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT translation, ThanksVets! Very Happy

Good to see that we have such a skilled Arabic interpreter on board! That's EXACTLY what he just said! Good going! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tex
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching MSNBC. Their terrorism expert, Walid Faris (sp?), said that in the message, bin Laden doesn't go as far as to endorse Kerry, but essentially says "vote for Bush and you'll be sorry".

Also said that bin Laden borrowed directly from the American political debate when criticizing Bush. Hmm, imagine that... Kerry providing ammunition for our enemies - again.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stolen Honor
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hear it now:

KERRY: "I firmly believe that Osama bin Ladin is the George Washington of Al Qaeda, wanting only peace and reconciliation. Elect me and I will send Richard Holbrooke to Paris to meet with the AQ delegation and receive their demands, which I will in turn present to the American people with a recommendation for acceptance. In the meantime, I will order an immediate standdown of our Ghengis Khan armed forces."

Schadow
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Cavuto just said it was 'almost like watching Farenheit 9-11' with what Bin Laden was referring to. I think that was a punch at Michael Moore for giving him ammunition.

Michael Moore needs to go. New punishment now should be sending the slob to live in the Afghan mountains.

Last edited by Rdtf on Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: