SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed DC Rally ***Cancelled***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristinn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm offering advice based on a wealth of experience. It's not my show, so folks are free to disregard whatever I say on the matter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristinn,
thanx
don't think it's not appreciated your post is definitely noticed
eddie
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this rally is being cancelled.

Please check before proceeding on this.

Thanks,

Do Gooder
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note on the main topic, Navy Chief has been told to STAND DOWN, and has told us all to STAND DOWN. There will be no event in DC. Please see his posting for more details.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some Florida Folks have already left.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just getting online - man what a change of events. Not surprised, though. Really, this thing we've been up against is HUGE. Let's motivate, rally and continue our efforts. Everyone get busy getting the word out to STAND DOWN.
kristinn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias,

Thanks. The Swiftees have done great work this year. Without their dedication the truth about John Kerry would not be known.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this coming.
My grandfather use to say Just be quiet and you will know what is right.

I've been quiet for the past hour or so and knew I wasn't to go to DC.
My mom in VA also called and said "not a go" "let Bush win this first".
So I have been waiting and here it is. Guess we were a little ahead of the call.
So we stand down.

President Bush is going to win by a landslide.
The SVPT must remain credible to get the job done.
Those with first hand knowledge as to how prepared and irrefutable the evidence is must make the call.
I still feel getting this out is the right thing to do.

Nov 3 is set to be a protest and march day for the lefties and communist groups...no matter the election results.

The Redskin game, the Marine marathon all in DC is worrisome.
The new tapes are troubling.

It is time to pray like we have never prayed before. Accept God's guidance in your actions. Open yourself and ask Him to show you what to do and say. Prayer isn't a "do it please" list. His hand is in all this and we must be quiet and listen..then do.

Navychief: We will get this done. I promise. Love to all. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristinn wrote:
Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I hope I do it right. I'm the Co-Leader of the D.C. Chapter of FreeRepublic.com. We have done several hundred demonstrations in D.C. in the past six years, along with about a dozen formal rallies. Most of these have been done with permits.

Large gatherings such as the one being proposed here can be done without a permit, but you won't be able to have staging. Whatever you do will have to be negotiated with LEOs on the scene. Their main concern will be keeping public space accessible and to contain any rowdy behavior.

The Marine Corps Marathon is being run tomorrow. It will tie up the Mall area along Constitution and Independence Avenues. Law enforcement will be stretched covering it along with heightened homeland security ops.

The Capitol is under tight security. I'm not sure how close an unpermitted march could walk to it.

If I were calling this gathering. I would suggest meeting in front of the Navy Memorial on the 700 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, followed by a sidewalk march to Kerry's national campaign headquarters at 901 15th Street, NW. (About a 10 block walk.) People could gather in McPherson Square Park directly across the street from Kerry HQ. A small number, under 25 people, could gather on the sidewalk in front of Kerry HQ but they would have to keep moving.

That was excellent advice - thank you for that and welcome. We will most likely want to plan another one of these, as this issue is not going away any time soon.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as "member" of this Site, the need to maintain absolute integrity in everything said or done here on this Forum is tantamount to the overall success of the SVPT to keep JFnK out of the Oval Office.
I have the absolute utmost respect for the members here and their strong desire to see the Truth be told. Everyday I see in the MSM, or hear it on the street how the SVPT is a bunch of liars and all they have said has been proven false. We know this is not the case, but that is the way the majority of the MSM has played these Veterans.
We have to be cognizant of this with everything we post here, this site is visited by a huge number of people, not all of whom are friendly to the mission.
Let's keep Kerry out of the Oval Office, and whatever else has not been revealed about his past can still come back to haunt him after he loses!
You people have been outstanding with the donations, letter writing, phone calls, participation here etc... Keep up the fight, this Battle is not over! Tactics and Plans change, the Mission does not!!
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted the following on another thread where folks were getting hot and bothered. For us military types, a change of plans is nothing new. If HHQ says "stand down", so be it. We still have more than two days to continue the good fight. My post:

"Hey guys, cool down! This was a combat op; it got cancelled by higher command. Not the first time something like that has gone down. Now, we have to recycle. Give everybody time. Nobody's giving up. We just need to reposition."
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who left already for DC?

Can I get ahold of them?

- Chief
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Chief - not your fault - you've done more than your duty!!!

prayer works.... maybe the RNC/campaign has something up their sleeves... tho, talkinghead yesterday said no.... no Oct surpritse from them- just hard work -

we can help Bush by praying... I suggest all those in the swing states gather as many people as possible and hand out flyers with info on it... and copies of a few articles and links....

hit the grocery and mall parking lots today, tomorrow and Monday....
sometimes you need a 'license' or permission of the store, mall etc.

however, having worked in that dept out here in AZ / Chandler for 11 yrs - I've never known anyone to get in trouble for doing it without one - the worst that has happened is that they have been asked to stop it and leave.... the people doing usually state they did not know they needed one - tho, I suspect they did know....
out side of a theater, just before it begins.... or just when it lets out is also good... as my 'people' would tell me (my people being the citizens who did it) - in a lot of places, it is illegal to stand outside a polling place and 'campaign'..... check your areas in the swing states -
if it is not illegal, go for it..... make flyers and stand outside and pass them out.....
I'm sure those of us out here NOT in the swing states will help you if you need help paying for copies to be made.....
those of us NOT in swing states can call anyone we know in the swing states to charge ! ahead and help.....
send a letter to editor of newspaper in swing state (never know what might make it into the local papers there)

and I also think - using a page from the demo play book - we hit the sponsors of the MSM - I'm planning to - been making a list of them (only have a few so far) - hitting where it hurts the money works...

and one other thing - if there is anyway we can make new ad this weekend to run MOnday and Tuesday - it should be exposiing these 2 things - the communist connection and the discharge......
even if we have to continue to donate for the next year to pay for it!!!

I've gotta send out a few emails letting people know it's off for tomorrow...

shame on the person with cold feet.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chief has been asked to squash the discharge issue for now, will need him to confirm. However, we can go with the Hanoi connection and maybe the unreleased records issue, citing the discharge questions raised. Need something on that, since as CINC-House says, we need to be focused (or you guys actually since I'm about to be out of the loop in less than 48 hours).
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this may help.

CLICK HERE

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: