SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STATUS OF KERRY DISCHARGE STORY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problemo Chief. However, you might want to point out that while we might back down now, we can reorganize real quickly and go through with it. Just think if we actually had the luxury of a week to put it together, or even a month! Twisted Evil
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest we all start calling and writing a certain senior Senator from the Commonweath of Virginia. Also, it may make sense to find another gathering place to discuss this matter.

Any suggestions?
CINC-House
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote][
Quote:
Don't forget folks, the Paris meeting story still isn't out and with all this attention.......maybe it can finally get out- focus on it. It's well documented

This is what I've been preaching at homebase here for days. There are certain issues that are still up in the air...and, once confirmed, those things will certainly be of the utmost importance to reveal. In the meantime, we have PROOF of Kerry's involvement in Paris. THAT is the message we need to focus on at the moment. The MSM chooses to ignore it. We need to make sure they can't. I'm compiling a list of of contact info for as many media outlets as possible. No secrets here...just stuff I'm pulling off the web. While we wait for further orders, perhaps we can gather contact info, disseminate it to everyone here, and then mobilize forces in a coordinated effort to force the message down their throats. Thursday, within a few minutes, we got Sen. Frist's attention. If we do the same thing to the media outlets...in one voice...all at the same time...we will make it very difficult for them to ignore us. By media, I mean local, national, print, television. I know you guys have done similar things already...but if we all work from the same list with the exact same message, our individual voices will be heard as one. It still might not force them to do anything...but at least it will give us something productive to do. What do you guys think? You've been at this longer than me.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief,

You owe no one an apology. Anyone who thinks you do is either ignorant or a fool - or both.

Don't flog yourself over this one. There are things in life that are simply beyond our control. You gave it your best shot. That's all any of us can do.

I'm proud to have known you here. Not serving with you in person was my loss.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto that ASPB
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, it may make sense to find another gathering place to discuss this matter.

at Bandits?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jill,

And you, dear lady, also have my heartfelt thanks. He couldn't have possibly done this without your support and help.
Algesan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
I suggest we all start calling and writing a certain senior Senator from the Commonweath of Virginia. Also, it may make sense to find another gathering place to discuss this matter.

Any suggestions?

The admins should be able to set up a 'special member' forum, visible only to those that are 'special members' as designated by the admins. Vet your people carefully and you should be fine.

Other suggestions would be online games or online chat rooms, but again, vet your membership carefully. IMO, a forum is preferable since you can leave and do RL stuff without missing a comment.
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your efforts, chief! Reply with quote

Chief,

We know you gave it your best shot, and for that, we all thank you.

Hopefully the relevant parties will get warm feet instead of cold, but that's not up to you.

Godspeed.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all (especially Chief) should feel very good about our accomplishments thus far. Do not feel down - and be prepared - fasten your seat belts, because we have a long road ahead of us if we want to succeed. We got their attention - Chief shook the trees and made them nervous. A great feat. Now they all have to come to terms with their conscience. They could be like Zell and stand up for his country and the future of his family and ancestors, or look away in shame. Say your prayers,ask for guidance, and VOTE.

Last edited by Rdtf on Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that for the time being we gather here http://idexer.com/forum/index.php?
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CINC-House"]
Quote:
[
Quote:
Don't forget folks, the Paris meeting story still isn't out and with all this attention.......maybe it can finally get out- focus on it. It's well documented

This is what I've been preaching at homebase here for days. There are certain issues that are still up in the air...and, once confirmed, those things will certainly be of the utmost importance to reveal. In the meantime, we have PROOF of Kerry's involvement in Paris. THAT is the message we need to focus on at the moment. The MSM chooses to ignore it. We need to make sure they can't. I'm compiling a list of of contact info for as many media outlets as possible. No secrets here...just stuff I'm pulling off the web. While we wait for further orders, perhaps we can gather contact info, disseminate it to everyone here, and then mobilize forces in a coordinated effort to force the message down their throats. Thursday, within a few minutes, we got Sen. Frist's attention. If we do the same thing to the media outlets...in one voice...all at the same time...we will make it very difficult for them to ignore us. By media, I mean local, national, print, television. I know you guys have done similar things already...but if we all work from the same list with the exact same message, our individual voices will be heard as one. It still might not force them to do anything...but at least it will give us something productive to do. What do you guys think? You've been at this longer than me.

Can someone post the links to all of the stories that came out on this?
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, someday I hope to have the honor of shaking your hand. You and those like you that put your nation in front of yourself first are true American Heros.
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to express how I feel here and have no intention to offend anyone--I may be going out on a limb, but I seriously doubt it. I would bet that the VAST majority of people on this website who have donated either time or money or both of these to aid in the prevention of John Kerry becoming the next POTUS have the UTMOST faith in our NavyChief and believe that he is RIGHT ON the mark with his motivations for this cause. I also believe that these members have the belief that WHATEVER he does, it is because of his belief of the need to make things right for this country, and will back him 100% in whatever he guides us to do. He has NEVER given a reason to doubt him, and this stand-down is no different.
WE believe in him AND this cause passionately and will continue to back him up. GREAT work Navy Chief, we are STILL behind you all the way!!! Absolutely, no apology necessary--One door closes, another one opens. We control the things we are able to, and the things we cannot are left to God. Let's keep doing what we can. Smile
~ILuvTheUsa
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Stee, Chief. Call when you need us. Back to getting VVAW/VC docs. out.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: