SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets after the election
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need some clarification from the "owners and founders" of this web site.

I remember back in August (darn right, I'm a salty shellback) it was basically stated that this site would terminate ... win or lose.

Can a moderator clue us in?

PS: speaking of shellbacks ... is there anybody on this board that was on the Bonnie Dick in 1971? (April, I think) I've been searching my faulty memory for this: our 'carrier relief' ship went "dead in the water" on their way to relieve us. I seem to remember that as the Bon Homme Richard, but it could have been another one.
Anyway, with one day to spare, we got relieved from the line, we sailed south, and I got to participate in one way cool initiation/ceremony on the Hancock.
(Yes boys and girls, I was on a ship with a real wooden deck ... under 6" of asphalt)
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it makes me very happy to say that Kerry lost. I cannot help but to think the main reason is what the Swiftees and POWs have done in exposing his story. Without their help, I'm afraid that he would have won. A job well done again guys. You have yet again defended your country and will again get very little recognition for it but be assured there are many of us that know the truth.

You will be honored in my house forever. That I was able to help in a small way makes me proud also. But without your steadfast approach to this knowing that the heat would come down on you is inspiring. You did not flinch and I think it does more to show the truthfullness of your stories than anything else.

Honestly, who would you follow, the 4 month self awarded hero that says 'I ready to serve' after turing on his country, or these guys that don't brag up their own awards and continue to do the right thing still facing a hostile press and fighting on? That is the question that should have been put out in an ad.

I wonder if the MSM will ever try to truthfully answer the questions brought up by these guys. They have to backpedal somehow, they put their eggs in a broken basket. I bet that they will still go after Bush.
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Keep going Reply with quote

I will continue to contribute as the SBVT cause needs it but I want to see the SBVT go after the people that called them "discredited liars" and etc..

I want the world to see the truth about these brave men and finally admit that they got it wrong thanks to jfk's lies and the MSM. Semper Fi!
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Keep going Reply with quote

Jonmart wrote:
I will continue to contribute as the SBVT cause needs it but I want to see the SBVT go after the people that called them "discredited liars" and etc..

I want the world to see the truth about these brave men and finally admit that they got it wrong thanks to jfk's lies and the MSM. Semper Fi!

I too want to see this go forward. The task is not finished.

A major battle has been won.........but not the war.

As we learned in Vietnam, we do not want to give back ground we fought and bled for.

Kerry is wounded but still not finished.

USCG
61-69
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
I think we need some clarification from the "owners and founders" of this web site.

I remember back in August (darn right, I'm a salty shellback) it was basically stated that this site would terminate ... win or lose.

Can a moderator clue us in?

At the moment, we're decompressing and celebrating and waiting to see what the Swifts want us to do.

They've given up their personal lives for months, so a decision about the forum may not be forthcoming for a while.

We're on "wait and see," and personally, I'm willing to give them some time to wind down and rest and catch up on their lives before I even broach the subject. Wink
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noted. Logged. Standing By.
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
At the moment, we're decompressing and celebrating and waiting to see what the Swifts want us to do.

They've given up their personal lives for months, so a decision about the forum may not be forthcoming for a while.

We're on "wait and see," and personally, I'm willing to give them some time to wind down and rest and catch up on their lives before I even broach the subject.

They certainly deserve the rest as well as the gratitude of a nation. When it's appropriate please let them know that from my reading of these posts there are a lot of people who want to get that label of "liar" erased from the minds of a general public misled by a biased media. In addition, the SBVT may want to consider that this experience has given them the opportunity to do something bigger than even the defeat of John Kerry. Providing evidence that proves Kerry lied and getting it in the MSM may change how the media operates in the future. Bloggers are changing the media and the SBVT might also.

Another thing that the SBVT should consider is that if they fold now without resolving who actually lied they will be labeled by the media as propaganda group that did its dirty work and disbanded because the real truth is that Kerry is a hero and the SBVT could never prove otherwise.

Here's a quote from Kerry's concession speech according to the blog Captain's Quarters that should give the SBVT something to consider. It looks like Kerry is rubbing the SBVT noses in the "liar" accusation.

"Kerry thanks his "band of brothers" for speaking the truth. One assumes he excuses David Alston, of course. Perhaps the Senator might finally consider apologizing to the rest of his fellow Vietnam veterans for slandering them and creating a political career off of their suffering?”
LSU Engineer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangdawg wrote:

just the thought of him privy to intel data as potus or as a senator, scares the be-jesus out of me!

The one consolation, of course, is that he doesn't actually show up for Intell Committee meetings, so he doesn't know ****.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do decide to hang it up for now, please advise us for the next run. I'll be waiting to help again if needed. They are certainly owed apologies from many in the MSM, BOR included. Now there is no hurry, I'll continue to send e-mails to them with reminders. The Swiftees reputation was soured, not because of their actions, but because they chose to go against their hand picked candidate. The actions of the Swiftees and the POWs have been honorable.

They gave much for their country before without fanfare and it appears it has happened again. The MSM has decided to spit on you again. Well, many of us will always honor you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: