SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Traitor's Tirade: Rep. John Murtha Soils The Corps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of thinking on this, I am not sure this was all Murtha's doing. I tend to believe that there are a number of lefties who want to test out new ideas into which they can direct their political attacks. The problem is that most of them have too much to lose and like Kerry have questionable records. Lets get Murtha to do it. He was a Marine and US Senator, no one would dare to question his patriotism by cutting and running and lets see what the people think. It can't hurt Murtha, he is on the highest branch he will ever attain (until the Good Lord gives him a deserved place in heaven), and that branch is rotting with age. He knows it and it actually brought him noteriety he never had. And if this didn't work, no one will really be hurt. But what about the damage when headlines all over the world sold it as Murtha calling for immediate pullout? What a morale builder to troops who have busted thier hindquarters getting us this far and now that we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, they are quitting??? What they didn't expect is that we called their bluff. Rather than take over the news cycle during a lull in the game with this long week off, the right thinking members used the accepted meaning of Murtha's 'pull them out now' speech and called the vote. Boom, a bomb went off on the Dem's. Had to go along with it or risk it all, and it failed miserably and the Republicans took over control of the news cycle, continuing still. Now the democrats are spinning it by saying Murtha was not saying 'right now', he meant like in 6 months. Duh, what is the meaning of right now? Depends on the task and moving our entire military out right now will take some serious time. Still need security, lots of equipment to take, can't leave it for the collapse of Iraq, lots of things to do. Then they spin it that we are questioning his record. So we all know how it will keep going for a few days till they get back in session and try something new. For right now, enjoy the show, we just scored a touchdown and then piled on besides.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now coming out that this was orchestrated by the Democrat leadership. That would be 'Stretch' Pelosi alias San Fran Nan and her ilk. They used Murtha as their pointman and let him take the fire. What a bunch of low life hacks they are. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
I am glad that the Reps forced the hand of the Dems.

What I don't understand is re: this vote....it seems to me that the Reps may have defeated the purpose by giving the Dems MORE fodder by changing Murtha's 'language' (giving @ 6 months) to one that is immediate. I assume today that the Dems will not only be whining about the whole dang thing, but saying OF COURSE we had to vote NO, it was NOT Murtha's language, it was 'changed' to immediate. They'll say Murtha did NOT say immediate. They will say that their NO vote is indicative of NOTHING. Am I understanding this correctly? Theoretically, does 6 months vs. 'immediate' really matter?

edit to add: well, now to add to my confusion, I found this language in his statement: "To immediately redeploy U.S. troops consistent with the safety of U.S. forces. "

Help?

I'd like to see a new vote every time one of those guys opens his mouth.
Immediately after he/she opens his/her mouth.
Using wording exactly as what comes out of his/her mouth.

as many times as needed.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberly,

As you found, Murtha's "Sense of the House" Bill stated clearly "immediately redeploy the troops"; the Bill introduced to on the House floor stated clearly" immediately redeploy the troops"; and the vote was 403 to 3 to defeat the measure to "immediately redeploy the troops". However, the "how can we pull the wool over their eyes" Media (all of them) continue to lie to the the American public on that subject to force a perception down the throats of those sheeple who listen....the closer they get to one of the Senate Moonbats 'volunteering' to propose impeachment of the president, the more blatant the 'Media' bandwagon lies become. No matter the facts don't bear out the lies.

Deuce

kimberly wrote:
I am glad that the Reps forced the hand of the Dems.

What I don't understand is re: this vote....it seems to me that the Reps may have defeated the purpose by giving the Dems MORE fodder by changing Murtha's 'language' (giving @ 6 months) to one that is immediate. ..... I assume today that the Dems will not only be whining about the whole dang thing, but saying OF COURSE we had to vote NO, it was NOT Murtha's language, it was 'changed' to immediate. They'll say Murtha did NOT say immediate. They will say that their NO vote is indicative of NOTHING. Am I understanding this correctly? Theoretically, does 6 months vs. 'immediate' really matter?

edit to add: well, now to add to my confusion, I found this language in his statement: "To immediately redeploy U.S. troops consistent with the safety of U.S. forces. "

Help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: