SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Sarah Palin is VP choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
.....................priceless. OR, since Palin is a "Hockey Mom", visualize Joe Biden as the goalie and Palin coming in on a breakaway. The look of panic on his face as she races toward him cradling the puck and then....SCORE!!!!

Things have started looking a lot better over the past 24 hours.

How about starting this one with Sarah, this is a small state and we do call her by her first name, putting a hip check on Obama seperating him from the puck which she takes to in the above break away. Cool Laughing
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Palin ex-BIL investigation, I highly recommend you read because the Dems and media are really making it very confusing.
Flopping Aces posts an excellent timeline and explanation of events (which the MSM obfuscates in order to promote the smear).

By the way, the investigation was instigated by the man who ran against Palin in the gubernatorial race.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: McCain hit a home run Reply with quote

She shoots, she SCORES!!!!! -- "Sarah the Baracuda"

======================

I'm sure you have seen "internet letters" claiming to be authentic and from "someone who knows the subject or the individual described in the email" personally. Well, through some of my contacts, I got this one from a lady in Alaska who lives in Sarah Palin's town. It is not a "forward, forward, forward", it is directly from her, complete with her name and email. If you decide to share this with anyone, please delete this top part because I don't want a million people contacting me asking for her name and address to "prove" I'm not making this up. I deleted personally identifiable info to protect her identity. If any Admin wants to PM me, I will give you all the info, including who sent it to me and the contact info for the lady who wrote it.

Here is her description of her friend, mayor, and governor: Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin is the US’s answer to Margaret Thatcher! Anyone who thinks she cannot handle the job or deal briskly and efficiently with ANY issue, including foreign governments --well, they haven’t met our Sarah <grin>.

As an Alaskan resident as well as a resident of Wasilla, AK, where Sarah Palin was at one time Mayor, I can speak with confidence. Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska is exactly what she portrayed during her introduction this morning and exactly what our US Government needs. She is ethical to a fault (if there is such a thing), a refreshing change to the status quo and as smart and determined a PERSON (gender really isn’t an issue here as far as I’m concerned) as anyone could ask for at the head of government.

Sarah is no naive “small town mayor” -- she just *started out* there. Btw, as Mayor of Wasilla, she brought this “small town” through a lot of GOOD changes and left it at the end of her term having grown to the 4th largest CITY in Alaska -- a lot of growth and a stronger economic base than ever before.

She has EXECTUTIVE experience *running a government* (something NONE of the other candidates can actually boast, even John McCain <g>) as Governor of Alaska and got there by defeating the *incumbent* Republican Governor, who was definitely part of the “old school” and who WAS very much in the pocket of the big oil companies. We in Alaska wanted change -- and we got it in the person of Sarah Palin!

Sarah Palin is everything she looks to be and more. Her approval rating as Governor of Alaska has been as high as 95% and is currently leveled out consistently in the upper 80 percentile throughout the state (and in both parties) - the HIGHEST approval rating of ANY sitting Governor.

Sarah has been turning around corruption in the Legislature of Alaska - turning things on their ear for that matter; cutting spending in spite of the increased income the state is currently receiving due to the high oil prices -- she has insisted on putting a huge amount of the "windfall" into savings for the future rather than spending, spending, spending -- and has insisted from the get-go on what she refers to as "honest, ethical and transparent governing" -- no more closed door meetings and dealings -- the big oil companies thought she would be a pushover and have learned better to their chagrin.

She understands the "real people" and the economic issues we all face (Alaskans along with the rest of the country) -- she was one of "us" not long ago. Rather than passing useless "laws" or throwing money at pet projects, she (most recently) temporarily suspended the state gas tax (on gasoline at the pumps, fuel oil and natural gas for homes, etc.) and has ordered checks issued to ALL residents of Alaska this fall in an attempt to assist with the burden of high fuel costs for the upcoming winter. I could go on and on, but that's enough for now <smile>. She isn’t doing these things to be popular -- she is doing it because her constituents are HURTING financially and she can help.

She became Governor of Alaska by defeating the Incumbent Republican Governor and doing it *without* the money or the support of the Republican Party, which was amazing in itself -- and she won by a landslide. The "powers that be" at that time totally underestimated Sarah and learned better the hard way. She has done exactly what she claimed she was going to do and is just as popular today as the day she was elected -- perhaps more so since even the Democrats up here seem to like her -- she works well with both sides in the Legislature here.

Sarah "belongs" to us (Alaskans) ... and although we are going to be terribly sorry to see her leave before she finishes the job she started here (two years ago) straightening out OUR State <grin> ... we understand she is needed for a bigger purpose and hopefully her Lt. Governor will be able to fill her shoes here and continue the job.

As for worrying about what would happen if McCain were to die or step down or whatever ... up here in AK we've only been wondering how long we would be able to KEEP Sarah in Alaska and have seen her as our first woman President of the USA from the start. It's always been a matter of whether she would wait until the end of her TWO terms as Governor (no doubt at ALL that she would be re-elected if she ran for a second term at the end of her current term) ... or end up in Washington sooner. She could do the job TODAY.

Personally, I feel a lot better about McCain now that I know he has someone as savvy, as strong, as ethical and as steady as Sarah at his back. She will be an excellent Vice President ... and my guess is will be our US Republican Presidential candidate in four years -- AND by then the country will KNOW her -- will love and respect her as we do here - and she'll win by as much of a landslide as she did here in Alaska. I only wonder if McCain has a clue what he is unleashing on the US of A <grin>. She is going to be a fresh wind, but also a strong wind.

Is that enough of an endorsement? If not, I'll add this ... my husband and I have for many years felt the best "vote" was to vote for the lesser of two "evils" and hope they didn't do too much damage. Two years ago during our State Governor's race was the first time EVER that we actually asked for not just a little sign to put in our yard showing our support of our candidate (something we've never felt the desire to do at all before) - we asked for a full 4' x 8' "SARAH PALIN FOR GOVERNOR!" sign and were proud to have it. She hasn't let Alaska or us down. She will do the same for the USA if given the opportunity.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested (and spam those who aren’t!). [her words, not mine]
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's not to like?
She's conservative. She's young. She's got a record of shrinking government and killing corruption.
And she lowers taxes.
I don't think McCain could have pick a better running mate.
And, best of all. The Dems never saw it coming.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little slow in coming out, Kerry jumps in now with cries of calling Palin a "Cheneyesque social conservative
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry wrote:
"He’s chosen somebody who doesn’t believe climate change is man-made."

The sheer imbecility of this statement is astonishing.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Maybe a little slow in coming out, Kerry jumps in now with cries of calling Palin a "Cheneyesque social conservative

Old Lurch is at least consistent, every time he opens his mouth, he shows what a fool he is. Worse, he thinks the rest of us are dimmer than he is, with that climate change remark!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It did come out of Kerry's mouth, after all Laughing Cool Wink
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
John Kerry wrote:

#1:

I'm probably Sarah's biggest fan on this site, but based on her interview with NewsMax published 2/29/08 where she is quoted:

"A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made. "

I'm not quite sure I understand your picking that specific Lurch comment. Confused
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JN173 wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:
John Kerry wrote:

#1:

I'm probably Sarah's biggest fan on this site, but based on her interview with NewsMax published 2/29/08 where she is quoted:

"A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made. "

I'm not quite sure I understand your picking that specific Lurch comment. Confused

I accept that as you probably know more about Palin than anyone here. However, your question puzzles me. Kerry is still trying to sell the Algore lie about global warming being man made, and Palin evidently sees the folly of that. Plus, all of the evidence points out that we've been in a cooling trend for awhile, not that evidence such as that stops Lurch and/or Algore. Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what a huge "Green" Hypocrite Kerry is, he has no credibility condemning anyone else's position on "Global Warming", manmade or otherwise. He has mansions all over the world, flies everywhere in a large private jet, travels everywhere in a gas-guzzling motorcade, and lives extra large. Sarah Palin got rid of all the frills, moved out of the governor's mansion, drives herself, basically "walks the walk"....no contest.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Considering what a huge "Green" Hypocrite Kerry is, he has no credibility condemning anyone else's position on "Global Warming", manmade or otherwise. He has mansions all over the world, flies everywhere in a large private jet, travels everywhere in a gas-guzzling motorcade, and lives extra large. Sarah Palin got rid of all the frills, moved out of the governor's mansion, drives herself, basically "walks the walk"....no contest.

Ehhhhhhh, you forgot to add that Lurch is no beauty contest winner. Laughing Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, contraire!

JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's the only thing Lurch said that was accurate.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Kerry didn't bother to mention that Biden is so "Green", he rides the train round trip to and from D.C. every day...and sticks the taxpayers for the $180 ticket...now that's NOT the kind of "going (on the taxpayers') green" that I support...build him a treehouse halfway between home and D.C. and let him ride a bicycle...Kerry can even loan him one of his.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: