SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boycott MSNBC et al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PENJ wrote:
Jungle_rat wrote:
Quote:
Can we just have the Sean Hannity Show? .

Fox seems to be increasingly ashamed of representing the conservative point of view. I don't see why the conservative POV always has to be "balanced" by some leftie like Colmes. It doesn't bother CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC to be openly leftist. IMHO, trying to appear "fair and balanced" is nothing more than appeasement to the left....to avoid their unjust criticism. Guess what...it's impossible to avoid their criticism...you just have to ignore them.

When the Hannity & Colmes show began, Sean Hannity wasn't big. From what I understand, though, Roger Ailes began the show as a Hannity vehicle. He asked Sean's advice regarding what liberal he would like to work with. It was Hannity who suggested Colmes, as he used to listen to Colmes' radio show. Reportedly, they like each other personally even though they disagree often.

Look, I am a liberal on most social issues, although I take what would be a conservative position on many fiscal/economic issues. That said, I give Hannity credit for getting along with at least one member of the other side. (He admires other liberals.) Given that this country is made up of people with all kinds of points of view, I don't see how it is helpful for the media to balkinize into single minded outlets. That's what is happening with radio these days with WABC in New York all the way to one side and Air America all the way to the other. So one station Bush is the devil, on the other station Kerry is the devil. How does that help us work towards solutions, especially since a large number of people are independents who don't necessarily fall on the right or the left?

From what I remember, Hannity had his radio show long before Colmes did. I even remember bout a year ago, Hannity congradulating Colmes on getting a radio show, while they were talking at the end of one of the Hannity and Colmes tv episodes.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOX is the best (albeit not perfect) news show we have on TV. I do watch CNN (Communist News Network) now and again. I used to watch MSNBC but I can't take Chris Matthews any more. He is totally over the edge on Kerry. The guy is a fruit loop. He doesn't ask "A" question. He fires off a series of five or six questions in a breathless row and then demands a "yes or no" answer to a series of leading questions which cannot be answered yes or no in the first place. He demanded a yes or no answer from Michelle Malkin to this question regarding John Kerry's "self-inflicted" injury allegation. "Do you believe that John Kerry SHOT himself" yes or no. It was never alleged that John Kerry shot himself. If she answered NO (he did not shoot himself) then Chris Matthews would cut her off in mid-sentence, scream at her and slam off her mike. If she answered YES it would have been the wrong answer because he did not shoot himself. What Kerry did was toss a grenade into a rice cache and go vegetable shrapnel in the ass (which he deserved) as a result. So, NO he did not shoot himself. He's just a lousy pitcher. Both shrapnel wounds came from incidents where he tossed grenades too close to himself. That would be either clumsy, stupid or deliberate. Chris Matthews Hardball show is all phony and contrived, like the wrestling matches. Only problem is that Chris Matthews doesn't even bother to hide his hatred of George Bush.

nomorelies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: