SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orielly entering the fray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry got his purple hearts, Bronze Star, and Silver Star based upon his writing an after action report of each incident, correct? O'Reilly, Matthews, Wallace, ect. are all saying they are official Navy documents, not based on what one person said. How can it be proven to those dimwits that Kerry wrote them and are therefore self-serving and biased?
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depotoo wrote:
Having watched O'Reilly for awhile now, makes me wonder if there isn't something deeper to the reasons he is not pursuing this subject like he does most, also the fact that he has been so down on the war in Iraq? Stating he feels so many mistakes have been made. Wonder what it could be? I definitely feel he is being influenced by something in his past, maybe....

I think O'Reilly is genuinely not happy with the events of the Iraq war.

The SWBFT, I think, is O'Reilly trying to claim that he's INDEPENDENT. I'm convinced that he wants to later on say, "Hey, look, I'm not partisan. I'm an independent. I was against the Swift Boat Vets."

Notice who he brought on for the "Truth Police"? That was not an accident.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very disappointed in Chris Wallace. He is really not like his
father and tries to be "fair and balanced". I just emailed him to
point out that he is relying on reports that were written by John
Kerry himself to support Kerry's side of the story. I told him that
those that stepped up to support him in 1996 had no idea of what
he had written in some of those reports until the release of "Tour
of Duty" which explains their recent change in attitude. I also
encouraged him to check out this website and to call on John Kerry
to SIGN FORM 180! I hope he will at least visit www.swiftvets.com!
flashback
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: OReilly... Reply with quote

I enjoy watching the Factor...I'm not always in agreement with Bill, but generally feel he's on target....
That being said...what does upset me seems to be the things that upset others here and on other boards, seems to me he was too quick to discount the Swift Boat Vets and his "softball" interview with Michael Moore (he should of ripped the guy a new one and figure the HE** with ever getting him back on the show...but ya gotta know he was thinking of future ratings when he gets him on again. And, IMO he's too negative on Ann Coulter too!!!!
He did redeam himself to me abit tonite by attacking the Democrats hypocricy on the whole "527's" issue...
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reiterate: sign the 180
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that O'reilly has guilt feelings for not having served.

He got defensive about his own situation during the Nam era when he was slamming Sen. Harkin for calling Cheney a coward for not volunteering.

It seems like that he knows he has no clue about military life and tries to distance himself from any debate about it rather than "opine" and sound like a fool.

A lot of the rest of talking heads are in the same boat. They take anything on "official documents" as being evidence without understanding how it may have gotten there. And they certainly don't understand the bonds between vets, especially Viet Nam era, who suffered the hatred of their own countrymen while serving for those same people.

The media torchbearers of this cause, Brit Hume, Hannity, Rush, Brent Bozell, Hugh Hewitt, Savage and the rest, see the obvious discrepancy in the numbers: 254 vs 10? as being too skewed to one side to not have any significance, and logically realize that this can't be a political issue because you couldn't randomly get those kind of numbers from such a small selective sample.

The rest of the media doesn't have a clue.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have no idea about veterans...We are closer to the people we serve with than our own brothers... We size people up in about ten minutes..They may have sized Kerry up sooner than that..
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris,

If Truth is Beauty then John Kerry is Butt Ugly--forever. Razz
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republicanvet - You hit the nail on the head about being closer to the people we worked with than our own brothers (or sisiters..LOL). The one thing that non-vets can not understand is the bond that most vets share. It crosses all ages, genders and branches of service. The respect we have for each other most people do not understand.

I was listening only to O'Reilly this morning for a few minutes as I was trying to tune in Rush...O'Reilly just ticked me off and I refuse to watch him or listen to him.

But one caller did defend the swiftvets and he said something about Rassman...and the viewer had no idea who Rassman was Shocked so he dismissed her.

My whole point of Rassman was he was IN the water and in his own words bobbing up and down as he thought they were under attack...at first impression I can understand that as all boats were firing...Kerry bugged out, Rassman fell in the water...and was frantic in the water. Don't care if he is a green beret or not...Rassman clearly did not have a good view of what the other boats were seeing as he was underwater by his own words most of the time.

Then we hear about the men who were ON the boat with John Kerry...of course they would not recall the same thing if their boat bugged out and then you would question...would they readily admit that they left the scene - but we do have Gardner who back up the story of the swiftvets.

Then we hear about serving with Kerry or being on the boat...well Rood was not on the boat either...so why was this not reported??? How is it all of a sudden OK for him to recount his story and one would question why he only came out AFTER Kerry asked him. If you defended someone or thought they were being slandered and a editor of a newspaper would you not come out sooner?

Those are my points to ponder.

O'Reilly..I refuse to watch, listen or even look at him. He dismissed the swiftvets and still refuses to look at the entire story...only keeps harping on the 527 groups. Thats my .02 worth.
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an e-mail I just sent to oreilly@foxnews.com:

Mr. O'Reilly:

Tonight you had Chris Wallace on talking about the Swift Vets and what he was able to find out.

Regarding the Bronze Star incident (March 13th), Wallace said the DOCUMENTARY evidence supports Kerry. Duh! The documentary evidence was created by Kerry. O'Reilly, why don't you press Kerry to sign form 180? Why do you allow him to cherry pick what documentary evidence is available?

A key question that has been raised by the Swift Vets is, why, if the boats were under heavy enemy fire, are there no bullet holes in any boat, and why was no one on any boat shot? The 3 boat was dead in the water. Three other boats stayed with the 3 boat to rescue it. They sat there for an hour and a half. This is not documentary evidence, but it is certainly PHYSICAL evidence that there was NO enemy fire.

Also, Kerry says that his boat was severely damaged by a mine, yet it towed the 3 boat back to port. Why would a severely damaged boat do the towing when there were 3 undamaged boats present.
The damage Kerry alleges to have happened to his boat would have made it impossible for it to tow another boat. Also, much of the damage cited by the Kerry campaign happened to the boat on March 12, the day before. It also appears that the Kerry campaign has taked the damage report for the 3 boat and represented as being for Kerry's boat.

It would not be the first time the campaign has done something like this. Earlier they claimed that Kerry was the Captain of PCF 94 on December 29, 1968, the day David Alston was injured )Why? So that they could say Kerry and Alston were in combat together.) Ted Peck was the captain, and when he complained, the Kerry website took it down.

Kerry's campaign (Kerry himself is hiding) has now changed it's story from all the boats fled and Kerry returned to get Rassman to only Kerry's boat left. Why do the stories on Kerry's side keep changing? The Swift Vets never change their stories.

Jim Rassman has given conflicting accounts. In one case he said he was on a different boat from Kerry's. In others he says he was on Kerry's boat. And you believe him?

Mr. O'Reilly, have you read "Unfit for Command"? The things you are saying defy logic. Honestly, your remarks cannot be explained by stupidity or ignorance of the facts. I have to conclude that you are engaging in willful misrepresentation and deception on the same level as the New York Times and The Los Angeles Times.

Another possibility is that you are being duped by your own staff. Mr. O'Reilly, who are your fact checkers? Are they working for John Kerry? Honestly. I want a reply to this message so I at least know that it was not discarded before it ever got to you.

Thank You
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with my Mother about this the other day,
trying to get her the facts as I was getting them,
about the Book, the Swift Vet site, ect . The One thing
she said that stands out in my mind was: ,

"He wrote up his own report for HIs Purple heart??"

She was absolutely flabberghasted!

Good Night everyone!
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking Point: Hey Chris, Senator Kerry has signed the SF 180, correct? All of the reports that you are giving me and our viewers are complete, correct?

Why won't everyone lay off the guy? Damn it, I was right to blast the SBVT when this story came out, right? Right? Oh the hell with it, I really screwed up, right Chris?
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
Chris Wallace does not know this subject.

A judgment call? That third purple heart is not a judgment call of any kind. The first purple heart was a judgment call. And the judgment was to reject it.

Neither Wallace or O'Reilly even know what is in dispute and what is not. NO ONE IS DISPUTING THAT KERRY PULLED RASMUSSEN OUT OF THE WATER.

I am getting really tired of pundits not knowing this subject and still have the nerve to talk about it.

Chris Wallace was terrible choice for "the truth police".

Is there any wonder out there why Chris Wallace is terrible? His father is the liberal Mike Wallace...that's the nut, not falling to far from the tree!

We all need to keep calling on the media to get Kerry to sign the Pentagon's Standard Form 180 and stop all the talking heads 180 spins!
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Here is an e-mail I just sent to oreilly@foxnews.com:

Mr. O'Reilly:

Tonight you had Chris Wallace on talking about the Swift Vets and what he was able to find out.

Regarding the Bronze Star incident (March 13th), Wallace said the DOCUMENTARY evidence supports Kerry. Duh! The documentary evidence was created by Kerry. O'Reilly, why don't you press Kerry to sign form 180? Why do you allow him to cherry pick what documentary evidence is available?

A key question that has been raised by the Swift Vets is, why, if the boats were under heavy enemy fire, are there no bullet holes in any boat, and why was no one on any boat shot? The 3 boat was dead in the water. Three other boats stayed with the 3 boat to rescue it. They sat there for an hour and a half. This is not documentary evidence, but it is certainly PHYSICAL evidence that there was NO enemy fire.

Also, Kerry says that his boat was severely damaged by a mine, yet it towed the 3 boat back to port. Why would a severely damaged boat do the towing when there were 3 undamaged boats present.
The damage Kerry alleges to have happened to his boat would have made it impossible for it to tow another boat. Also, much of the damage cited by the Kerry campaign happened to the boat on March 12, the day before. It also appears that the Kerry campaign has taked the damage report for the 3 boat and represented as being for Kerry's boat.

It would not be the first time the campaign has done something like this. Earlier they claimed that Kerry was the Captain of PCF 94 on December 29, 1968, the day David Alston was injured )Why? So that they could say Kerry and Alston were in combat together.) Ted Peck was the captain, and when he complained, the Kerry website took it down.

Kerry's campaign (Kerry himself is hiding) has now changed it's story from all the boats fled and Kerry returned to get Rassman to only Kerry's boat left. Why do the stories on Kerry's side keep changing? The Swift Vets never change their stories.

Jim Rassman has given conflicting accounts. In one case he said he was on a different boat from Kerry's. In others he says he was on Kerry's boat. And you believe him?

Mr. O'Reilly, have you read "Unfit for Command"? The things you are saying defy logic. Honestly, your remarks cannot be explained by stupidity or ignorance of the facts. I have to conclude that you are engaging in willful misrepresentation and deception on the same level as the New York Times and The Los Angeles Times.

Another possibility is that you are being duped by your own staff. Mr. O'Reilly, who are your fact checkers? Are they working for John Kerry? Honestly. I want a reply to this message so I at least know that it was not discarded before it ever got to you.

Thank You

I tried to get an e-mail to Bill and Chris and could not...OOH-YAH... to you from all of us out here trying to support the truth!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that since a lot of Independents watch Bill O'Reilly, wouldn't it be good for John O'Neill to go on O'Reilly's show? Mr. O'Neill is so well spoken & charming that O'Reilly would HAVE to give him a forum. O'Reilly has quite an audience (even with his "bloviating").

I'm just starting to look at this over the last 2 weeks, so if this has already happened, I apologize for the post!

Thanks!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: