SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Ad Speculation! (Unofficial Suggestions/Ideas Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ad Reply with quote

I'm not sure whether the average non-Navy voter can understand a lot of details in the debates over whether O'Neill or Kerry is telling the truth about Kerry's medals, and they probably don't care.

But there are probably a lot of YOUNG voters out there who are unaware of how damaging Kerry's 1971 testimony was, not only for veterans and POW's, but also for the war effort, the South Vietnamese people, and the propaganda value for the enemy. Even for non-veterans who were rudely awakened on 9/11/2001, Kerry's rash accusations in 1971 would give them serious doubts about whether Kerry's judgment could be trusted when we have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, which would relate Kerry's Vietnam experience to CURRENT events.

I sincerely believe SBVT's next ad should focus on the disastrous consequences of Kerry's 1971 testimony AND negotiating with the enemy, and leave the details of the debates over Kerry's medals to O'Neill and the talk-show hosts.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
Remember folks, these commercials are SHORT. There are some great ideas here, but I don't think there should be much writing in a TV ad. Too many people have lousy eyesight and poor concentration.

Yes, they are short and most of our ideas will have to be skipped -- using only the best that fit the next theme, but studies have shown that people are particuly affected by quotes in text and especially newspapers or the other "source references".

I am sure the Swiftees have an excellent "media" adviser who will tell them these things (has told them) and many others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: