SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legal question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:
Quote:
Apparently no such deal was intact for the soldiers he was speaking for, since he would not release their names for fear that they would be prosecuted - at least that was the reason he gave.

He would not name them because their stories would then be subject to investigation, which the stories could not stand up under. All of the names they used are, nevertheless, now a matter of public record. Of the 120 participants in the "Winter Soldier Investigation" who are of record, only some of them supplied enough identifying information to be traceable. The debunking of these folks is ongoing and will see the light of day before long. One of them turned up here, and his identifying information, along with how he characterizes his testimony, at least agrees with what is in the record. Here is what he said:
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=32732&highlight=#32732

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:19 pm Post subject: Winter Soldier Investigation Testimony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Steve Pitkin
Served: Co. C. 2/39th, 9th Inf. Div. May- Aug 1969
can find my testimony on "VVAW site Winter Soldier Investigation" (Misc. Panel)

I came back angry at our government who should have known better than to let men and women die in a conflict they had no intention of winning. Again, this is beginning to strike a bell for present conflict, but I hope it changes.
I wanted to say that except for my contempt for the liberal press, that the entire testimony I gave was a bold face lie. If any of you ever see the movie "The Winter Soldier Investigation, I am the one trying to talk my way out of testifying, because I didn't know of or see any "war atrocities" deliberately being committed. "War Atrocity" is an oxymoron for the morons who've never been under fire. My unit never went out with the intention of doing anything but it's job.
Knew Kerry on personal level. Used to call him "Lurch". Was also at "Dewey Canyon III" and watched some longhair with bag full of ribbons passing them out to whoever wanted to throw them over the fence at the capitol. I grabbed some and threw them at the reporters and left. Went back into the military via 20th SFG (Md Nat. Guard) in '74 but could not get back on full time active duty with them.
Joined Coast Guard (Aviation) in '78 and served until retirement in May 97.
I'm asking my fellow Brothers in Arms to forgive me for being duped into the set up for returning Vets such as myself. No excuses, I was wrong for what I did, and I spend my time confronting Kerry Supporters by telling them what he's really like. When they ask me "How do you know?...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: