SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GO TO FREEKERRYBOOK.COM RIGHT NOW BEFORE HE SUES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an example of the testimonial letter of one of the Winter Soldier group that was submitted to the Congressional Record on 4/7/71

Name redacted
Master Sgt.
5th Special Forces
'64 - ''65

"The terrible thing we did to so many men in this country--and ultimately to the Vietnamese because of it--we sent them to fight a war without a reason to fight it. I don't know how many of you have experience standing up in front of bullets, exposing your flesh to shrapnel, hand grenades, and so on. It's a f**k of a thing to do, to send somebody out and tell them to make their body a target, and never give them a f*****g reason to do it."

This is a prime example of the type of evidence John Kerry used to build his case to present to the Senate. Am I missing something here? I see this as a classic whiner. Is this the smoking gun?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too rich! I love it, but wait! Aren't we supposed to get some lawyers to stop the distribution of this book, ala John F-ing Kerry?
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: clear Reply with quote

clear

Last edited by forgivenjojo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: re book Reply with quote

I just want to say THANK YOU to whoever made it possible for us to download and print this book, received unfit for command today, will read this after, is this the book that kerry stop the print of, had a friend over today U for C sitting on table, she is a fiehard liberal, asked me what it was like told her great, and asked if she would like to read it when I finished, she said yes, I nearly fell off chair
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, its archived on my HD now.....

I will be willing to sell it back to John Kerry for the sum of 1 Million Dollars all proceeds to be donated back to SBVFT. Smile

Thanks for posting it...

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest not redacting the names when you post excerpts - many of those people speaking in the book were proven frauds.

Some had never been to Vietnam, some were not in the unit they claimed they were in.

One person had never been in Detroit in his life - someone else had used his name to testify at WSI.

If you leave the names in, I'll bet someone can debunk them better.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded a copy of the book and put it up for auction for 1 penny and free shipping. I'm really just using the auction as a vehicle to post the freebook website! Laughing

Just below a picture of the book I state:

You can go to www.freekerrybook.com and download a free copy right now!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Very Happy
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: The New Soldier Reply with quote

Just a question:

If lots of copies of "The New Soldier" get downloaded and circulated around, is there any concern that leftists who BELIEVE what Kerry wrote back then might hit the media and start claiming that Kerry was right when he made those claims before the Senate?

Kerry made lots of claims back then--does SBVT have the resources to debunk ALL of them, or might this fuel a leftist backlash against SBVT that might sway young, ignorant, gullible voters toward Kerry? Might it be better (if SBVT wants Kerry to lose the election) if "The New Soldier" doesn't get out into the public, if it's now out of print?
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.freekerrybook.com/NEWSOLDIERX.JPG
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way this helps kerry. Anyone young, naive, and radical enough to vote for kerry because they find "the new soldier" trash book appealing to their radical ideals, is already planning to vote for him because they are already self-identified as radical and fringe left wing, so it makes no difference. There is no one who is right now planning to vote for G.W.Bush, that after reading "the new soldier" would then vote for kerry because they LIKE what they read in it. To do that, by definition you would have to be someone who agrees with the ideals in that book to start with, and they are ideals ALL of which G.W.Bush opposes so there's no way someone would vote for him, since he opposes all the things they stand for and believe in, and would agree with in that radical kerry book. I think it's pretty certain that getting this book out to the public is nothing but down side for kerry with no upside. If there was any upside he wouldn't have blocked its reprinting for the past 20 years and done all he can to bury it into non-existence. That speaks for itself.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: HELP please! Reply with quote

HELP if someone can please!

If someone can, would anyone be willing to please print a copy of the book and pictures and mail it to me? B&W for the pics is fine if you don't want to use your color for it, that's fine! Smile My printer is broken and I'm used to not printing stuff much anyway, but I REALLY want a copy of this to take around and show people and run copies of. But can't do that without an original. Smile If someone would be willing to do this for us please e-mail or PM me and I'll give you my address. Thank you! Smile
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: The New Soldier Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really see the purpose in getting Kerry's old propaganda out in public again. Kerry wrote in "New Soldier" that he represented about "a thousand" Vietnam veterans who claimed to have observed or participated in war crimes.

The problem I see is, if the "New Soldier" gets into the wrong hands, it might be spread around to a lot of young voters who were children, or were not yet born, during the Vietnam war. If the SBVT play back Kerry's testimony on TV and say (in "Unfit for Command") that Kerry's witnesses were discredited by the Armed Forces and/or the Administration at the time, then it looks like Kerry was making blanket accusations without proof, which makes Kerry look like a traitor.

However, if young people unfamiliar with the Vietnam war start reading heart-rending stories (true or not) from "Vietnam veterans" (true or not) from "The New Soldier" some of them might be gullible enough to believe what they read, and start thinking that Kerry might be right--how many young voters born after 1970 or so will bother checking whether so-and-so quoted in Kerry's book really went to Vietnam?

The experience of the early 1970's showed that Kerry was a master of propaganda and deceit even at the age of 27, and he managed to fool many Americans (and some Senators) into believing his accusations, turning against America's soldiers, and withdrawing them from Vietnam. Does SBVT really want to turn this old, forgotten propaganda loose on a new, unsuspecting generation, who might be even more susceptible than the generation who knew Vietnam? Does SBVT really want to tell people (as Kerry did) that the Vietnamese people didn't care about Communism, but only throwing out "colonialists" occupying their country?

Remember, it has been 15 years since the Berlin Wall fell...many young voters have NO IDEA of the dangers of Communism which so many veterans died trying to defeat! They can be very gullible if Kerry's propaganda gets out again! Let's let sleeping dogs lie in this case!!!

Besides...what does SBVT have to gain in publicizing "The New Soldier"?
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, it needs to be put out so people can see what kerry is really like. He hasn't changed. He still believes all those things. He's just older and has told too many different conflicting lies to remember.

Like I said before, no way this helps kerrym for these reasons. Anyone young, naive, and radical enough to vote for kerry because they find "the new soldier" trash book appealing to their radical ideals, is already planning to vote for him because they are already self-identified as radical and fringe left wing, so it makes no difference. There is no one who is right now planning to vote for G.W.Bush, that after reading "the new soldier" would then vote for kerry because they LIKE what they read in it. To do that, by definition you would have to be someone who agrees with the ideals in that book to start with, and they are ideals ALL of which G.W.Bush opposes so there's no way someone would vote for him, since he opposes all the things they stand for and believe in, and would agree with in that radical kerry book. I think it's pretty certain that getting this book out to the public is nothing but down side for kerry with no upside. If there was any upside he wouldn't have blocked its reprinting for the past 20 years and done all he can to bury it into non-existence. That speaks for itself.
Mongo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked that a friend found the book at our local southern MD public library but now I have my own electronic copy. Good post!

Kerry's Epilogue on pages 100 and 101 says how he really feels. He is NOT qualified to be my CinC!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: