SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Media against Swift Vets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you see Clinton's comment this morning about the SBVT?

Say what you will about the man but he is the best campaigner to hit the market in 50 years. If Gore had listened to him we wouldnt be talking about re-election for W.

Again, the SwiftVets have taken a mighty blow to their credibility. I think Oneill knows this.

I hope he has one hell of a comeback ready.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My home town paper(spokesman review) printed an article that stated no one that is a member of the swiftys served on the same boat (lie) said cambodia was just a missunderstanding, And that all the medal flaps have been proven to be lies. THe whole artlicle was a blatent lie. Above the story they had a new cartoon showing the swiftys as goules shooting up the truth. NOne of the letters to the ed. were complimentry to the swiftys.In other words the paper in my town and I imagine in a lot of other area are not only trying to cover up, but liying to do it.It is a waste of time sending them a letter, except that it is all I can do. I know the swiftys will keep up the pressure. But the MSM can get me down sometimes. THis article was in 8-29-4- today!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:
Again, the SwiftVets have taken a mighty blow to their credibility. I think Oneill knows this.

How so?

There is nothing even assailable in the Swifts' message.

This is why the left has to keep smacking at personal issues - they can't argue with the truth.

So how has their credibility taken a blow? I don't understand what you're getting at, here.
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mainstream Media will be taken up by the Republican Convention this week. It will allow the SwiftVets some needed time to rest, recoup and have a strategy meeting. They have been at it 24\7 for sometime now. You can do more damage than good when trying to do a job when you're sleeping at the wheel. Post Convention coverage will keep the Media busy untill the Gathering in Washington.

September 12th. is the Vietnam Veteran Gathering in Washington, D.C.. We all need to be there to make sure we are counted by the Media. I will be hitch hiking up from South Louisiana and sleeping under the bridges if I have to. It's taken 35 years for John Kerrys lies to come full circle and I wouldn't want to miss it. I certainly hope that the SwiftVets will attend and accept the gratitude of my fellow Veterans. It could re-introduce the SwiftVet story to the press with the backing of what I hope will be hundreds of thousands............or more?
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
7rrfs wrote:

How so?

This is why the left has to keep smacking at personal issues - they can't argue with the truth.

Yep. Attacking the messengers is not helpful to anyone interested in the truth. How simple it would be to end all of this by John Kerry signing the Form 180 to release the full records of his military service.

It is true that the media can issue defamations against the Swifts, but anyone interested in the truth has got to stop and ask why there are so many unanswered questions surrounding Kerry's Vietnam service.

It may be that many people are simply voting against President Bush and not for John Kerry. However, there will always be that element of those whose curiousity and inherent sense of reality will cause them to question a man like Kerry and what he's made of. For that contingent, the efforts of the Swift Boat Veterans may just make the difference.

On another note, I see no credibility issue as pertains to the Swift Boat Veterans. For one to imagine that, one would have to be wholly ensconced in the mainstream media's blather and to not be interested in discerning the truth - i.e. people who were going to vote against a Republican candidate anyway.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for 90% of the lamestream media to counter the lies of Kerry's propogandists is like man sitting on side of mountain waiting for roast duck to fly in mouth.

Notice there's no counter argument. When O'Neill or other vets are on it's more than a fair match up and the left gets their heads handed to them. For those actually watching the news for any period of time, they know the truth, or at least what Kery's supporters are handing out is spin.

The vets will continue to hammer Kerry like a cheap tent stake until he's pounded throughly into the ground. The next phase focusing on his anti-war treason sheds much light on Kerry then and Kerry now. He betrayed our troops then and he would again now.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every few days someone comes here giving advice to the Swiftees on strategy, this though the SBVT managed to take a story that the MSM ingored and get that story to 77% of the American people. That is HUGE penetration almost unheard of and from an initial ad that cost only about $500,000.I think the Swiftees are doing just fine. This is a story that has been going on for weeks when most stories die a quick death in a two day news cycle. Compare the legs of the SBVT to the McGreevey story which has been off the front pages for a while now.

Stories acquire legs by being covered from a variety of angles the next angle could be the ongoing success of "Unfit for Command",Kerry's continued decline in the polls, a new round of devastating ads or the Kerry lied rally in Washington next month.The Swiftees have proven that a story can become huge while being ignored by the MSM. Talk radio, cable news and the internet are enough to make that happen.This story is far from over with the RNC convention offering a brief lull in the action. Look for things to pick up after the convention with Kerry again on the defensive. Why do you think the dems have their big guns out denouncing the Swiftees? That wouldn't be happening if the Swiftees were not effective.

Last edited by Lily on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberal portion of this country for the most part isn't going to believe anything that's written here or shown to them that's negative to Kerry so don't even be concerned with them. We all see the DNC with their blatent lies every day on the news and the liberal media twisting the facts to protect Kerry, but people aren't as stupid as the media and the politicians think they are. The mainstream media coverage of this will probably die down for a week or two, in particular this week with the Republican convention going on. I'm not sure this is a bad thing. To have the coverage switch to showing the radical element of this country stripping naked and doing their best to disrupt things in New York helps hurts Kerry. People don't want that sort of disruption and I think at least some will make the connection between the present anti-war movement and Kerry. Also the bloggers are gonna keep on hammering so this is far from over. As a famous knight once said "Patience young Jedi". Very Happy
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
Every few days someone comes here giving advice to the Swiftees on strategy, this though the SBVT managed to take a story that the MSM ingored and get that story to 77% of the American people. That is HUGE penetration almost unheard of and from an initial ad that cost only about $500,000.I think the Swiftees are doing just fine. This is a story that has been going on for weeks when most stories die a quick death in a two day news cycle. Compare the legs of the SBVT to the McGreevey story which has been off the front pages for a while now.

Yep.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel that the media is winning against the Swift Boats. They might hope that they are, but they aren't. They can ignore it and move on to other topics, but the subject is not going away. I would imagine that this week will focus on the nut case protesters. After that, the news will be forced back into the Swift Boat's case against Kerry.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am overjoyed the mainstream media is declaring the swiftvets a non issue again. Remember how much damage that was done to Kerry before the MSM got"the scoop" on this story? They will toodle along ignoring the story while the swiftvets continue to hammer away in the new media (bloggers and talk shows) which will be much more effective in allowing of the real facts to shine through.

There are 2 main reasons why i think Kerry is through.

1 being that the swiftvets will continue to keep sticking the message to Kerry who will keep trying to ignore the story thus fuelling the fires. and 2 i know GW Bush is keeping a gigantic ace in the hole for september and october which will skyrocket his approval rating and easily trounce Kerry. Notice we dont hear about zarqawi osama and zawahiri anymore. i wouldnt be surprised we hear about the capture/killings of all 3 of them in the coming months.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: My rant. Grab hold of something. Reply with quote

Okay, I am so totally p****d now with the tv media INCLUDING FOX news I could spit nails about it and don't know what else to do! Even Brit Hume today said that last week went more for kerry proving more of what he said was accurate and not the SBVT! What the heck was he referring to! NOTHING last week proved kerry accurate over SBVT, besides the fact that he broke campaign finance reform law and got off scott like every other time he's broken a law!

I no longer know how to deal with the fact that the ENTIRE tv media is perpetuating the lie that SBVT haven't really proven anything about kerrys pathetic three combat months in Vietnam are a lie, and that kerry is disproving them! That has really got me angry because after spending a solid month on the site and reading tons of their source material and first hand accounts and then calling the kerry campaign with it, and getting NO ANSWERS FROM THEM it is so blatantly obvious that he's lying.

It's been proven that he lied about being in Cambodia at ALL.

It's been proven that at least the first and third Purple Hearts he received were NOT under enemy fire as there are NO after action reports on file for them, and kerry's own personal diary reads that they had yet to come under fire and that was NINE DAYS AFTER he put in for the first one.

It's been pretty well debunked that he was NOT heroic at all when he "rescued" rassman, as it was kerry throwing his PCF to full throttle that thres him in the water in the first place, and the only fire was the .50 Calibre guns on the other two PCF that closed on the damaged 03 boat, and there were NO shrapnel wounds on anyone not even the guys on the 03 boat, yet kerry claims to have been wounded then also with shrapnel from that mine even though his boat wasn't at all damaged, and that type of mine didn't throw shrapnel. The after action report from that incident was written from kerry's own spot notes, which effectively make the Bronze Star and that Purple Heart based soley on his word. And several of the SBVT were there and his story makes no sense, plus the 3.2 miles of fire he CLAIMS to have gone through to get Rassman. If he hadn't have fled the mine site there would have been no distance to cover to get him and he wouldn't have fallen off the boat in the first place, and if there had been 3.2 miles of fire on both banks like he claimed, they'd of ALL been killed!

And now Admiral Lehman comes out and basically proves that the SS citation is a fraud because he never signed it and it's dated a decade after kerry's six year, six month Naval committment (which he never fulfilled in the firstplace!) was over.

I mean my God that all is just what I can toss off at the top of my head as the most blatant tv lies! And the TV media says SBVT haven't proven anything kerry said is a LIE! GOD that is infurating. I tell you one thing, when the POWs come out in September there will be no more wiggle room for him. God help the sorry SOB that accuses them of just being bitter and lying! Those guys have suffered and been through more than anyone who has ever suffered for this country short of those who were KIA. In some ways I believe they went through more than the brave men and women who died in combat. There should be NO mercy shown to those who would smear the POWs like the Swift Boat Vets are being personally slandered and smeared, all for reporting what they know is fact. Those POWs hate kerry with a passion for what he did to them making their time as prisoners so much worse, and they make the SBVT look like his most bestest buddies! What can one person like me do to do SOMETHING about the blatant misrepresentation of the lies that SBVT have exposed? They have more than concretely proven most of what they've said and backed it up, but the lie of no proof still abounds, even the garbage about "not on the same boat" even though Steve Gardner WAS on kerry's boat for nearly three months, and anyone with basic knowledge of them knows that you don't have to be in the same boat to know what's going on in the other boats, especailly since you live, eat, sleep, and brief on the same berthing ship with ALL the other guys in the squadron. Sorry for the rant. I'm just frustrated after a day of seeing the Swift Vets basically called liars and Bush hacks when it's clear kerry's lying, they're telling the truth, and many of them aren't even Republicans! Grrrrr! Evil or Very Mad Sorry. Just frustrating not being able to do anything about something you know isn't right or fair!
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7rrfs wrote:

Quote:
How so?

So how has their credibility taken a blow? I don't understand what you're getting at, here

Are you not watching T.V? Are you not reading Newsweek? Watching the headlines? Gooogle it and see how mcuh of a hit the SwiftVets are taking in the mainstream media! ouchie! The message is the same no matter where you look.

1. The SwiftVets are putting out ads that are patently false. The ads have no truth to them. They are attacking John Kerry because of his anti-war stance some 35 years ago. The SwiftVets have no proof. John Kerry has the medals and the documentation to go with them. He has the men on HIS boat who back him. (NO one is talking about Gardner - its like he doesnt exist.)

2. The SwiftVets are attack dogs for the Bush campaign. Bush needs to denounce, specifically, the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth. Its all a "smear and slime campaign," set up and funded and run by Bush. (Dont tell me you havent heard this?)

3. Bush needs the SwiftVets to do his dirty work because he wants to divert attention from his horrible record on ... blah blah.

(My wife is getting tired of me screaming at the T.V. when I hear this nonsense, btw.)

These are the Democratic talking points and THIS is the message that is getting hammered home day after day in the media. It dont matter spit what you or I think or know - its what Joe Voter knows and what he knows is what he gets in 10 second snips driving to work. It matters not that you or I can rub two thoughts together - Joe Voter isnt going to take the time. For him its open and swallow what he's told to swallow.

The news media is NOT going to take a second look nor will they give any credence to the swiftVets until they produce a smoking gun now. And it had better have John Kerry's finger prints all over it. I am talking hard evidence here, not ancedotal evidence. I honestly believe this.

Give THAT to them and they will be all over Kerry like he is raw meat.

Remember: As it stands now only 25% of voters think the SwiftVet ads are truthful. Sad

And I think that number will drop as the Dems beat their drums even louder.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i think Hume meant that Kerry was able to produce naval records and eyewitnesses this past week as the swifvets have been using eyewitnessses mostly. Hume is on the swiftvets side but i think hes trying to be unbiased in reporting, he knows the swiftvets have a right to be mad. He also certainly knows the 'new media' will expose Kerry for what he is while the "old media" goes back to sleep.
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'am very tired of MSM and the lacky's for Kerry not confornting the issues , but to just shout liar liar. I feel very badly for the swift vets and there familes, but I realy feel they will prevail .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: