SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccr wrote:
Ben Barnes (my favorite suspect in this whole thing) lives in Austin.

I don't know where Bill Burkett lives.

Of course, the insane clown posse at the Delta Uniform board will see Abilene and think Carl Rove gave Bob Perry a ride to the local Kinkos.

Guess where Bill Burkett lives? Near Abilene.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/02/14/burkett/index_np.html

Thanks to Salon.com's article 2/14/04
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The authorities need to get involved now. The memos constitute a potential wire fraud, forging military documents, impersonating another person, and much much worse.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
The authorities need to get involved now. The memos constitute a potential wire fraud, forging military documents, impersonating another person, and much much worse.

Aye the feds could nail this person on RICO.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep the focus here....

Whoever faxed these from Kinkos is simply a dime bag dealer. What good does it do to put him in jail? I want to bring down the kingpin.

The key is to tie the faxer to the Kerry campaign.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make sure we send messages to our reps ASAP and the DOJ as well as any other pertinent law agencies that might need to get involved.

We need to do this for more than Repub or Demo, it's about the country.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a federal law against impersonating a federal officer.
Here tis:
18USC912

CITE
18 USC Sec. 912 01/03/95

EXPCITE
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 43 - FALSE PERSONATION

HEAD
Sec. 912. Officer or employee of the United States

STATUTE
Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccr, I agree....I wonder if anyone can put together a linking tree like the NYTimes did for the Swift Boat Veterans, only this time showing Burkett and maybe the Texas Democrats.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccr wrote:
Let's keep the focus here....

Whoever faxed these from Kinkos is simply a dime bag dealer. What good does it do to put him in jail? I want to bring down the kingpin.

The key is to tie the faxer to the Kerry campaign.

I agree. Burkett was military so I doubt very much he typed those document. If he faxed those docs they were given to him by someone and that's who we want.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I offer a suggestion.

If we had a concerned resident of the Texas panhandle (Northern District of Texas) or NYC contact the local FBI regarding a possible violation of the Wire Fraud statute, an investigation file would be officially opened. I picked these two places because they are the origin and target of the fax, and it would be easier to assert jurisdiction.

Whoever did so would have to keep the rhetoric to the minimum so the agent would take him or her seriously. Lay out the the bare facts (including what we suspect is the address of the Kinkos that Barnes used), the code section, and nothing more.

One common misperception is that the fraud has to have a monetary motive. The statute and case law do not require this.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys RICO is for criminal organizations which act conspiratorially to commit crimes. How do you think the government is able to put drug dealers and of late the Enron execs in jail? Not because they are all drug dealers, but rather the RICO laws which were passed to put anyone in jail the government wants to. You can put anyone in jail if the government wants to under RICO. There is no presumed innocence until found guilty under RICO. You are guilty until you can prove your innocence. And this law statuet although meant for drug dealers is used against anyone and everyone involved in something the government doesn't like. So I say lets kill 2 birds with 1 stone. The RICO laws and CBS. Laughing

Last edited by GenrXr on Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get access to their computers to see if we can find the documents on the hard drives? I would think there should be an investigation to see if they were created on those computers.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenXr is correct. Forget RICO - there is no evidence of a criminal enterprise. The issue is fraud, and more specifically wire fraud. That is what brings the matter under federal jurisdiction.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry Spot just hammered the last nail in the coffin. Must read!

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerry200409152325.asp
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bloggers have picked this story up as well. They are smelling blood. The Bloggers could be a great asset once again in solving this hoax. Keep an eye out on the blog sites an add to their discussions if possible. They would love to bring Rather down after the disparaging comments he made about them.
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

docford wrote:
GenXr is correct. Forget RICO - there is no evidence of a criminal enterprise. The issue is fraud, and more specifically wire fraud. That is what brings the matter under federal jurisdiction.

Well I was being sarcastic in that the feds could prosecute CBS under RICO, but that would show the ignorant masses the evil of RICO. It just makes me mad the feds use RICO to put the mom and pops in prison when they try to feed their families and dont break the law. RICO was meant to be used for drug organizations, yet is used to bring down the Enron and others in high profile, but also the smaller people noone hears about. It could be you.

I am disgusted by not only the crimes committed by CBS in this case, but also our governaments veil of protection delivered to those in high places. CBS should be afforded no luxury in this case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: