SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bernstein says 95% of SBVT's allegations are disproven
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree very much with ETEE.

Quote:
And, I might note. Each of us belong to various Forums. Some of you fly and belong to Aviation Forums. I race Corvettes and belong to the Corvette Forum. I am the resident booster for the SwiftVets there, and assure you that you're message is getting out. The Liberals that attempt to deride the SBVT message are treated to the expertise of the Forums Vietnam Veterans and Vietnam "Era" Veterans knowledge of the subject and are overwhealmed with accurate rebuttal information. Fact is, the Veterans own the issue and are swinging the Moderates away from Kerry in my home Forum.

Just stay on the message. I and the rest of the Bloggers and Forum junkies will keep debunking the opposition.

We have responsibility to spread the SBVT's word far and wide! It is the most effective means of counter acting the so called truth seekers that discount the SBVT’s message.
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to take a different approach.

I have sent the following letter to factcheck.org and plan to send it to other presumably independent, non partisan groups so that they can confirm what we know: none of the SBVT facts have been disproven, much less disputed (factually anyway). I am also going for spinsanity.org.

I would encourage you to do likewise, because it takes the question of any partisanship out of the equation, and should deflate the likes of Bernstein's sails.

Quote:
Hi,

I have been listening to Democrat pundits and Kerry himself saying that "95%" or "100% of the claims of the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth have been proven false" yet I can find no factual documentation of this using every combination of search engine parameters I can come up with. I am beginning to suspect that it is one of those oft repeated lies designed to look like the truth by means of serial repeitition.

Could you look into this?

Sincerely,

Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to Spinsanity.com:

Quote:
Hi,

I have been listening to Democrat pundits (Carl Bernstein, Juan Williams, etc.) and Kerry himself saying that "95%" or "100% of the claims of the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth have been proven false," yet I can find no factual documentation of this using every combination of search engine parameters I can come up with. I am beginning to suspect that it is one of those oft repeated lies designed to look like the truth by means of serial repeitition. All I hear is "they are all lies" but there is no factual basis for doing so.

Inasmuch as Kerry has not addressed the issue, either directly or through the release of his full military record (see a recent Washington Post article: 6 out of more than 100 pages are all that he has released), which he refuses to authorize.

I really appreciate the service Spinsanity.com provides, but I don't recall seeing anything on this (your last article on "attacks on John Kerry is dated 8/8/03), as it is a fairly recent phenomenon.

Could you please look into this?

Sincerely,

jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of UFC has been proven as untrue --- the sections where Kerry's version of the stories are printed --- that is the false part.

Someone needs to prepare an appendix to UFC --- this index would include all the Navy records, the FBI records on Kerry, the transcript of the 1971 Senate testimony --- etc, etc.

Any volunteers
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: seperated all right Reply with quote

He will get a cot and "pro/zak" for free from the "gov" as he

sits in the "home " for the deranged "journalist"

if there are any rooms left when he gets there.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry answered Imus on the question: Did you read the book ( UFC)?
He said no, it's all lies and proven wrong.
How would he know that without reading it?

It's a book about him, for God's sake.
He's been invited to sue the author if it's not true.
He really is that lazy, out of touch and full of himself.

He is a fraud and a disgrace as an American and
it's time he be made to face the TRUTH.

Who better to accommodate that than SBVT!
mrt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bernstein says 95% of SBVT's allegations are disproven Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Carl Bernstein was on MSNBC today and said 95% of SBVT's claims have been disproven. If enough of the media repeat this falsity that is what will ultimately reside in the public's collective mind. Can a member of SBVT refute this propaganda through Hannity or another likeminded truthlover by detailing all the lies Kerry told which SBVT have actually forced through to the sunshine?
Quote:

Hannity obviously did not do the job. Even O'Reilly is buying into this BS to some degree. Isn't there anything we can do to force hand of these critics who don't offer any support for their statements? How about O'Neil going on the O'Reilly show againg for a point by point discussion?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a major difference between disproven and refuted.
Watch their wording. The Kerry-Lovers can refute all they want. It doesn't make it so.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Bernstein and other left-wing hacks whose 15 minutes of fame ended 15 years ago think that if you repeat a lie long enough it makes it true. They are so out of it they fail to realize people just laugh at them, seek the truth, and form their own opinions. So far, the public has sided with the SBVT and against hacks like Bernstein and Dan Rather, who not only haven't read the book but probably couldn't recite the charges they claim have been debunked.

John Kerry comes from the Bernstein age, when a lie would be picked up the MSM, and if anyone dared challenge it, that person would be destroyed. We live in great times, because a tiny, phony man like Kerry can't get away with the things he did in the past and make those who point out his misdeeds look like a liar.

The public has rendered its verdict on Kerry: guilty as charged. Now let's get them to the polls to deliver that message on Election Day.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE'S MY CALL TO THE PUBLIC. EVEN HANNITY MISSED PRESSING BERNSTEIN TO VERIFY HIS STATEMENT WITH FACTS.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Me#1You#10: here's the Bernstein transcript you requested. www.msnbc.com/id/6019487/
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "95%" quote of Bernstein's was said on Countdown Sept. 15th. It may not seem worthwhile to some SBVT supporters to spend time on a has-been such as Bernstein, but if the aim is to win over the general public that may be on the fence or are still not convinced of the SBVT claims about Kerry, then I don't think allowing the idea to spread throughout the media that 95% of the claims are shown to be false can be helpful to the cause.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:

I have sent the following letter to factcheck.org and plan to send it to other presumably independent, non partisan groups

Factcheck.org? Non-partisan?
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
The "95%" quote of Bernstein's was said on Countdown Sept. 15th. It may not seem worthwhile to some SBVT supporters to spend time on a has-been such as Bernstein, but if

If Bernstein wants to get back in the game, he knows what he has to do. He and Woodward were 'AWOL' during the Clinton Administration, for obvious reason. What Bernstein, what Hersh, what Woodward need to do to re-establish ANY credibility is to a) break the story on definitively who gave CBS those memos, meaning who forged them (not just some courier), or b) get the Kerry documents. I have the feeling that b) is becoming increasingly moot if the Naval Archives have the relevant info, assuming they do. The Swiftie group apparently has been pouring through those documents all week. I hope they release it, themselves, or we'll be calling 'form 180' on them.
truecons
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Bernstein's motivation Reply with quote

Folks, Bernstein's motivation goes FAR beyond a desire to re-establish his Watergate notoriety.

http://www.washingtonian.com/people/woodward_bernstein.html

"Bernstein, 59, grew up in Silver Spring, a “red diaper” baby born to Communist activists who remained married for 63 years...

...In 1989 Bernstein, published Loyalties: A Son’s Memoir, a book he had struggled to write since leaving the Post in 1977. The book was about his parents’ secret membership in the Communist Party and the tumultuous effect it had on him growing up. He wrote of the FBI staking out his bar mitzvah. His radical parents had asked him not to write the book."

Bernstein's attempt to discredit the Swifties simultaneously attacks those at the forefront of anti-communist expansion and defends one of the men most responsible for advancing communism abroad and at home.

Anyone who can obtain a copy of Bernstein's "Loyalties" at their public library would find it a real eye-opener. Please pass this information on to all of your contacts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: