SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro-Bush 9/11 families need help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debra, lots of us are pretty fed up with O'Reilly, anyway. He's refused to even give the Swifts a fair hearing and after interviewing John O'Neill, has gone back to calling the Swifts "right wing bomb throwers," even though many of our founders are Democrats and liberals. (Guess he's still hoping to get his friend Kerry on the show.)

Call Hannity, Hewitt, Medved, Ingraham and Limbaugh - I'd bet they'd be honored to give you air time and let you talk about anything you want to talk about. And with them, you wouldn't have to deal with the dividied loyalties that you'd have to deal with with Bill O'Reilly. Wink

Good luck!
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
***NOTICE***

To those who were going to watch me on "O'Reilly Factor" tonight:

My appearance was cancelled. My pro-Kerry opponent, Kristen Breitweiser, backed out of the segment. Breitweiser has been bashing the president for the last three years. I was supposed to appear with her last Thurs. She backed out. The show was going to put me on without her. She begged them not to, saying she was just tired and needed to regroup. They relented and rescheduled for today. I just learned she has backed out again. Here's my take as to why: She states that her support for Kerry is because of his position on Iraq. When challenged as to what that position is, she is left speechless. She knows I'm armed and ready. I am furious with O'Reilly, who is allowing this woman to dictate the content of his show. Meanwhile, after Breitweiser and four other 9/11 widows held a press conference to declare their support for Kerry, he posted on his website that "the 9/11 families" have endorsed him.

We have 150 family members who have signed to support the president and I believe we'd have thousands more if the media would tell the American people about us.

Please tell everyone you know to sign our letter.

www.911familiesforamerica.org

Debra

Debra, I am furious along with you!! I can not believe O'Reilly would do this con tinually to you!! I am writing the show RIGHT NOW ! This is BS. How dare him treat you this way. ..
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the good news is, Breitweiser was afraid.

I was just contacted and told they're blowing out the segment completely now because:

CBS JUST ANNOUNCED THEY CANNOT AUTHENTICATE THE DOCUMENTS

Like the kids used to say, "Duu-uuh."

But actually, this does move CBS closer to the real story, namely, outing the person connected to Kerry who supplied them. CBS, has to inch it's way there and then look like they "broke" the story themselves.

"This just in: CBS has just discovered that documents it received..."

Tom Wolfe couldn't write a better farce.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for your support.
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debra,

Sorry to hear your interviews have been getting cancelled. I heard your interview on Charlie Sykes talk show and signed up on your website immediately, I thought you did a great job and stand behind you 100%.

Anyway ,to help get your message out I would like to write to my local paper and just wanted to make sure I could post your website. Also I wanted to make sure of my info that the 5 9-11 widows said in March "How dare Pres Bush use 9-11 for political purposes." and also that they are"non-political and don't believe any candidate should use 9-11 politically." I just don't want someone to prove me wrong.

Sorry I had to post these questions here but for some reason my e-mails to your site keep getting sent back to me.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
MJB,
Thanks for the support. My whole family is from the Twin Cities. Hoping it goes for Bush this November. That would make my parents proud, whom we lost just before my brother.

Tom Burnett, who led the insurrection on flight 93, also grew up in the Twin Cities (Bloomington). U of Minn. alum.

We so appreciate all you folks are doing.

Pray for the President and our troops.

Debra

My thoughts & prayers for you will not let me forget. I spent the 1st 12 years of my life in Bloomington MN. It is a very special place that has produced great Americans like Tom Burnett.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy,
We can't seem to get our email system corrected. But yes, these are the very same women who denounced President Bush in March for merely showing fleeting images of Ground Zero in his tv ad which talked about what we've been through as a country. They called this "disgusting" and "insensitive" and "a slap in the face to 3,000 of our dead loved ones." They further said that "neither candidate" should use 9/11 for political purposes. They have routinely asserted when they criticize the president that they are "non-partisan." None of us have believed them, as we have heard them excoriate the president in private. They are very bitter and angry. Breitweiser has even gone so far as to say that because the president stayed in that Florida classroom "too long" it caused more loss of life at the World Trade Center. She believes did not "mitigate the damage" by acting "decisively."

I think many of their statements have been irresponsible, frankly.

Thanks for your support. All of you. Most of the 9/11 families are not like these few people. We are forever grateful for what America did for us, and continues to do for us. We will never forget that.

D.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever asked them if they thought FDR was wrong to campaign on the slogan "Remember Pearl Harbor"? To this day, that motto is remembered along with the caution "Lest We Forget".

...maybe they would like for us to forget long enough to elect John Kerry.
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Has anyone ever asked them if they thought FDR was wrong to campaign on the slogan "Remember Pearl Harbor"? To this day, that motto is remembered along with the caution "Lest We Forget".

...maybe they would like for us to forget long enough to elect John Kerry.

I also feel that it was completely appropriate to "remind" people in this ad of 9/11 - we live in a culture that forgets too easily. I wrote Bill O'Reilly today expressing my anger to him for cancelling your scheduled apperance. I had my sister do the same, which she did. I do not know if it helped but it certainly made us feel better. God bless you Debra and I honestly can't imagine how you must have to deal with this....continually. My prayers are with you & your heartbroken family.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless you and all the 9/11 victims and survivors. It will be an honor for me to go to your website and sign your letter. Thank you for including us here to join you in the good fight against terrorism and to NEVER forget.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:

Tom Wolfe couldn't write a better farce.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for your support.

Boy, isn't that the truth of it! I just keep turning on the computer (even on the weekend when I told myself I would abstain Cool ) to see what the next chapter in the saga might be.

If you ever need remining that you are on the right side of the debate, read those wonderful posts on your web site, and mosey on down here to Swiftie Hall - we're with you all the way!
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Debra,

I will do all that I can to make people aware of you here in Wisconsin. The outpouring of sympathy from this state was overwhelming aftr 9-11, even though we could not combrehend what happened to you in NY, we helped the only way we could.(volunteers, money and prayers)

Then again, in a lifetime we could never imagine what you felt or experienced.

I believe you are a new type of hero in a new type of war. A family member that speaks her mind , someone that stands strong against unspeakable terror in a terrible war. I wish there were more like you.

Standing behing you 100%
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the compliment, but honestly, I believe in everyday heroes. And I sense that something is happening in this country. The ex-Clintonite turned writer Joe Klein sneered that remark about "guys in pajamas"...and now you can buy t-shirts and coffee mugs that say "Guys in Pajamas Keeping America Safe."

This is wonderful. Frank Capra used to make movies about guys like this. Hey, wouldn't it be something if respectability makes a come back?
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
Thanks for the support. My whole family is from the Twin Cities. Hoping it goes for Bush this November. That would make my parents proud, whom we lost just before my brother.

Tom Burnett, who led the insurrection on flight 93, also grew up in the Twin Cities (Bloomington). U of Minn. alum.

We so appreciate all you folks are doing.

Pray for the President and our troops.

Debra

Debra, I'm from the Twin Cities as well (Burnsville). We are all so proud of Tom Burnett and admire his courage. He's a true hero.

It would be a miracle if Bush wins Minnesota this November! We're the only state in the nation that did not go to Reagan in 1984 and we've only voted for 1 Republican since Ike. Hopefully this will be the year that we break that trend!

I support your efforts 110% and will be sending your website link to everyone I know. My thoughts and prayers will be with you daily. God Bless!
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debra, I was just watching O'Reilly tonight and a segment came on where he was RIPPING the women that you spoke about who cancelled constantly!! I thought you should know that he obvsouly thought they were being 'used" and did not like the constant back & forth cancellations! I mean, it was a whole segment and he was NOT a happy camper! you know how he can get. SO I hope you feel vindicated somewhat -
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
I appreciate the compliment, but honestly, I believe in everyday heroes. And I sense that something is happening in this country. The ex-Clintonite turned writer Joe Klein sneered that remark about "guys in pajamas"...and now you can buy t-shirts and coffee mugs that say "Guys in Pajamas Keeping America Safe."

This is wonderful. Frank Capra used to make movies about guys like this. Hey, wouldn't it be something if respectability makes a come back?

Ahem...how about Gals in Pajamas Keeping America Safe, eh? Mr. Green

And I agree, there is a shift. How big, how long, what are the long term implications...all to be seen. But, now that we're blogging and pajamahadeening together - I don't feel so alone. It's so wonderful to know other like-minded folks exist.

My neighborhood in St. Paul makes Berkley, CA look conservative! We're in real estate and try not to make waves...but we couldn't resist having a Bush sign in the front yard, darn it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: