SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is smarter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:
I have a relatively high IQ but I'm a dumbass.

I'm still not dumb enough to pull the lever for Windsurferboy.

Lots of people are though. Just got back from a trip to Ohio where I saw lots more Kerry stickers than I'm used to.

My middle finger got tired, I tell ya Twisted Evil

I wonder if I can get some kind of disability out of that... hmmm, I'll have to make sure they annotate that during my retirement physical...

reconflyer

Listening to Rush this morning, Bush has opened up a double digit lead in the polls in Ohio. That would be outstanding as it's one of those battleground states.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: kerry the poodle Reply with quote

here ya go

Questions about Bush's intelligence also became an issue during the 2000 election. Some supporters of Bush's chief opponent in that campaign, Al Gore, often portrayed Bush as intellectually inferior to Gore. Some have attempted to compare their current respective intellectual capacities by going decades back to their academic achievements. According to that criterion, Bush's academic record and background was by and large comparable to Gore's. For example, Bush's verbal SAT score was 625, Al Gore's was 588. In addition, Gore received lower grades in his sophomore year at Harvard University than any semester recorded on Bush's transcript from Yale, and Gore earned no degrees higher than a Bachelor of Arts in Government, while Bush earned a Master's degree in Business Administration from Harvard. However, neither the correlation between SAT verbal scores and academic excellence, nor between academic excellence and intelligence, can be established; for example, Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley's SAT was a low 485, and an academic record does take into account the difficulty of the classes taken or other factors that might impinge on a college record.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: kerry the poodle Reply with quote

spartan wrote:
here ya go

Questions about Bush's intelligence also became an issue during the 2000 election. Some supporters of Bush's chief opponent in that campaign, Al Gore, often portrayed Bush as intellectually inferior to Gore. Some have attempted to compare their current respective intellectual capacities by going decades back to their academic achievements. According to that criterion, Bush's academic record and background was by and large comparable to Gore's. For example, Bush's verbal SAT score was 625, Al Gore's was 588. In addition, Gore received lower grades in his sophomore year at Harvard University than any semester recorded on Bush's transcript from Yale, and Gore earned no degrees higher than a Bachelor of Arts in Government, while Bush earned a Master's degree in Business Administration from Harvard. However, neither the correlation between SAT verbal scores and academic excellence, nor between academic excellence and intelligence, can be established; for example, Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley's SAT was a low 485, and an academic record does take into account the difficulty of the classes taken or other factors that might impinge on a college record.

All I want is to be able to say that "W" is qualified for Mensa and Kerry is not; "W" got better grades in college than Kerry. I already have scores for Kerry.

Can you give me a cite for what you found?

Sam
steamer51
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Annapolis requirements Reply with quote

One of the earlier postings spoke of Kerry's GCT/ARI score of 58/50. I took the test in 1971 and was told the lowest score to be accepted to Annapolis was a combined GCT/ARI of 120. I remember the number since I had a 61/59 and the recruiter was trying to talk me into being an officer. Kerry's 108 is a long way from 120. BTW, at 18 yrs old I was not ready to commit to 4 years college followed by a 6 year enlistment so I joined the USNR as enlisted.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Annapolis requirements Reply with quote

steamer51 wrote:
One of the earlier postings spoke of Kerry's GCT/ARI score of 58/50. I took the test in 1971 and was told the lowest score to be accepted to Annapolis was a combined GCT/ARI of 120. I remember the number since I had a 61/59 and the recruiter was trying to talk me into being an officer. Kerry's 108 is a long way from 120. BTW, at 18 yrs old I was not ready to commit to 4 years college followed by a 6 year enlistment so I joined the USNR as enlisted.

The observation I made earlier is that Kerry didn't score high enough to be selected for ET school. Not only would Annapolis have been out of reach for Kerry, he would have not qulified to be accepted into NAVCAD after serving as an enlisted man for a year, a program available at the time for high scoring enlisted men. Evidently a college degree makes up for a high score in OCS.

However, my quest remains to find IQ scores for "W" that would qualify him for Mensa. We already know that Kerry is not qualified. If both aren't qualified, so what? I have wasted time on less important things.

Sam
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The test scores on AF form 11, box 10 - remarks.

I believe this is true. You need to find that and we should be able to make a translation into I.Q. I looked for the form, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it's available under the FOIA? I would think so.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
The test scores on AF form 11, box 10 - remarks

Geez! How did I miss this. Thanks "ranchhand". Now if I just knew what to do with it.

I don't know what I am doing!!!!!!

I make my living as a marriage counselor. I have no experience researching government records. I don't know how to find what I need.

I noticed that I am now an "experienced member" whcich means I keep posting regularly. I am definately not an expert member.

I have feelers out to some of the bloggers.

Can I call for a "MEDIA MEDIC"? Can I call for Media CAS? Who comes to the rescue in country here in Politico Nam?

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, how about $100 to SBVT upon receiving definative evidence that "W" has an IQ score that would qualify him for MENSA? That is up from my original offer of $50.

I am a civilain now. I can't get rescued for free anymore.

Sam
kippenberger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry's problem is not so much his IQ, but his EQ.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kippenberger wrote:
I think Kerry's problem is not so much his IQ, but his EQ.

Good point. EQ is a far better predictor of success in life than IQ. I have some serious reservations about Kerry's EQ and other aspects of his personality profile. I have discussed my speculation about Kerr's mental health in other SBVT forums.

However my goal on this issue is simply to prove "W" is smarter than Kerry. Given all the abuse "W" has endured at the hands of elitists who think he is stupid, I think it would be sweet justice to show that "W" is eligible for Mensa and Kerry is not.

An intersting foot note to history.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I know someone out there can find some credible source for an IQ for "W". I already have Kery's IQ.

I wasn't bluffing about $100 to SBVT for good evidence.

This is important to me personally and I think it has political importance.

Kerry is seen by the public as "more intelligent than Bush". Kerry has about a 116 IQ. Not bad, but nothing to brag about.

My guess is Bush is more intelligent than Kerry and I will pay $100 to prove it.

Sam
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see an interesting question here. If kerry only had a combined score of 108, how did he get into OCS? What was the criteria at that time? Maybe he had some political influence.......
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
Aristotle the Hun:

My scores were posted right on the outside of the USAF blue personal file jacket. Let me see if I can find it tonight and verify the exact wording of the test categories. I'm fairly sure it's expressed as a percentile, because I scored 95 Mech, 85 Elect. 90 General and 60 Admin. (believe it or not, I did that on purpose to NOT get put in an admin job). They offered me any job I wanted based on those scores, and I chose airborne weapons control technician (Radar tech) and got it. If you can find a scan of Bush's file folder, front page, look along the top border for a 4 score sequence. I enlisted in 72, so the chances are, he's got the same type record as I do. I searched for an hour and can't find it online.

You were an AQ?
Flying Theodolite?
(U.S. Navy equivalent is "Aviation Fire Control Technician")

I didn't know there were two of me! (Maybe if you're lucky, there aren't) Surprised
I sort of did that on a 'challenge': we were told if we couldn't pass the Radar school, we'd be 'backed down' to (aviation) electronic technicians.
The whole business has gotten complex enough, though, so there's only one rate in the Navy now.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb

Yes, Weapons Control Systems Technician on F-4Es. AFSC 32251Q, APQ-120 radar and TISEO (CCTV). I picked that job out of the recruiting folder and they got me into it. Who says the recruiter screws you over? I was impressed, got exactly the job I wanted, then got sent to Las Vegas for duty. Very Happy Not for long, though, I did 2 tours in Thailand, back-to-back. Good times.
What aircraft were you working, bro?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F8-J Crusader
I think I still remember: "AN APQ124-B" radar (B-Scan, rotating parabolic antenna, not the cool phased-array antennas you had)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: