SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when I was younger and SCUBA was fun, I remember hanging out and playing magnetic checkers at 30 and 15 FSW after long deep dives.

This reminds me of that, for some reason.

All I know is it's not my move.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Okay, I just got home from work. Anything happening?

I had the same reaction when I got home...check out the last few pages. See what you miss when you're off this board for a few hours!
rocklobster11
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Nomorelies wrote:
Okay, I just got home from work. Anything happening?

I had the same reaction when I got home...check out the last few pages. See what you miss when you're off this board for a few hours!

Sounds like nothing is going to come out on this until Monday. A Freeper got an email from Lipscomb, and he doesn't have the evidence yet.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptnJack wrote:
NavyChief wrote:
New information has developed on Kerry's Discharge. We have been proven correct in our assertions, however without the proper folks coming forward this will not be public until after the elections.

- Chief

No MATTER when, as soon as it can come out, it must do so. No matter the election results the info must come out.

IF it gets public on or before Monday morning, the public will need to know that this probably disqualifies John Kerry from being sworn in. Which virtually guarantees Bush/Cheney.

IF it does not get public by then, there seems to be (at this point) a 50-50 chance that the Kerry/Edwards ticket happens, and it will end up being Edwards, by default.

The above assumes that North Vietnam (Communist) associations and activities were the reason.

Hey Navy Chief: which way are you betting on this?
JEckert
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this pans out, and before the election. I still believe that Americans are smart enough to see through such an obvious pretender, but I will be on pins and needles until Wednesday morning, anyway.

Whatever happens, you guys are all my heroes. Thanks for all you've done and all you are still doing to protect us all.

To all veterans: Thank You!
PO2
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jwb7605"]
CaptnJack wrote:
NavyChief wrote:
New information has developed on Kerry's Discharge. We have been proven correct in our assertions, however without the proper folks coming forward this will not be public until after the elections.

- Chief

No MATTER when, as soon as it can come out, it must do so. No matter the election results the info must come out.

IF it gets public on or before Monday morning, the public will need to know that this probably disqualifies John Kerry from being sworn in.

From personal experience, the information will not be outed in time, if at all. This topic was discussed several weeks ago, and it has taken this long to get anything definative (if this is even difinative). It must be realized that in accordance the the US Constitution, Kerry was not ellegible to serve as a senator even, yet he did. Every bill presented by Kerry will be void, and the votes cast by Kerry will have to be reviewed to see if his vote was the deciding one. The Supreme Court will be busy on this issue for quite a long time. Do you think that the politicians would allow that to happen? If Kerry/Edwards win, Kerry would be inellegable to take the oath or office, that would leave Edwards, a Senator with no experience as President. The VP position would be vacant and Hillary would be appointed giving her the right position to be elected President herself.

Imagine, a know nothing President and an ambitious Vice President who thinks only of herself and her pet projects.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why in another topic I suggest that we (the people) add a real simple requirement:
Anybody running for national office must provide a copy of their DD-214

I don't think this would be "unconstitutional", and it would have stopped this entire scenario dead in it's tracks about 25 years ago.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=119874#119874
searly
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I'm a Navy Vet albeit a young one, and I want to thank you for all the work you've done on this board. You have made quite a name for yourself both here and in the electronic netherworld.

If tommorrow brings what I think it will bring based on your post from earlier today, you done good.

Now my biggest fear. What if nobody listens? The NY Sun ran some good and factual stories regarding Kerry's discharge and the VC control of US war protesters. None of the information made it to the MSM.

What can we do to insure this is not dismissed as the ranting of a "right-wing rag"?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605:

Your proposal is a good start, but is not sufficient. Kerry in fact provided copies of all of his DD214s.

Unfortunately, he never authorized PUBLIC ACCESS to ALL of his military records - or to other Federal records on him, for that matter.

What would be sufficient is a legal requirement that all candidates for Federal elective office - Representatives, Senators, Vice-President, and President - be required, as a condition of running for Federal office, authorize the public release of ALL FEDERAL RECORDS PERTAINING TO THEM. I would even argue for the release of all IRS and/or federal medical records.

No one is forced to run for public office. Maybe this would indeed cause some very good candidates to say, "F**k it - it isn't worth it," on privacy grounds.

But IMO it would almost certainly prevent us ever electing someone like Kerry.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now my biggest fear. What if nobody listens? The NY Sun ran some good and factual stories regarding Kerry's discharge and the VC control of US war protesters. None of the information made it to the MSM.

What can we do to insure this is not dismissed as the ranting of a "right-wing rag"?

I believe thats where the Senators come in. Someone with some clout has to step up and challenge Kerry with Chief's evidence.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my biggest fears/frustrations is the person(s) in the Navy who know about this issue will not be able to come out and discuss it in the public as it could pertain to person information and could be considered a privacy issue the Navy does not allow them to discuss. This is just a thought, does anybody know if, FOR EXAMPLE ONLY, a former Secretary of Navy would even be allowed to discuss what they know about a person's discharge?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
jwb7605:

Your proposal is a good start, but is not sufficient. Kerry in fact provided copies of all of his DD214s.

I must have missed something. All I could find was the DD-215.
That's the one that says the 214 has been "modified" on his website.

Got a link to the 214?
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
Hondo wrote:
jwb7605:

I must have missed something. All I could find was the DD-215.
That's the one that says the 214 has been "modified" on his website.

Got a link to the 214?

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/DD214.pdf
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

searly wrote:
...my biggest fear. What if nobody listens?...

That's been our experience throughout this ordeal. Certainly the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka, MSM) will not listen and will not publish anything which might stain their silky pony. Our only recourse is to flood, FLOOD the internet with email, blogs and letters to editors, and the telephone lines with calls to anyone influential in government or business. The OIM circulation has been cut in half during this campaign and their credibility has been totally destroyed. From now on, citizens will have to search and vet information for themselves. Trust of the media is gone.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NavyChief wrote:

- Chief

I'll be the wet blanket here, but just remember who you are dealing with. These "proper folks" could be bought off or even given an offer that they cannot refuse now that the Kerry Camp knows which "proper folks" you need. Kerry has not done what he has done in his life by being a Mary Poppins. We'll see what develops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: