SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Well I think most of us are pretty disappointed. I really did think he would do much better than he did and quite honestly, Kerry did better than I thought he would, especially if you look at it through the eyes and ears of that "undecided" segment that are not as a political as the rest of us.

Bottom line, we have a lot of work to do and as we have known all along, it ain't gonna be easy:/

I agree, but I don't think that there are more than a handful of undecided voters at this point.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The liberals will use every sinister method to steal this election, so being tough at the first debate would have reinforced all the positive results that came from the convention.

Very good point.. and point taken Sad
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty

Last edited by MrJapan on Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush lost momentum by failing to take opportunities to really hammer Kerry.

What really is disgusting is that the Kerry now people seem reinvigorated and there is renewed energy in the recently demoralized DNC. I hope we are not seeing a fourth quarter Come Back Kid.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
flagreen wrote:
Quote:
"You know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

The mistake was how he voted against funding the troops, and not how he talked about the vote. Let's not lose focus here.

Yes I understand but my point was that Kerry said that the President made a mistake when he invaded Iraq. Hence Kerry thinks invading Iraq was a mistake - his words not mine.
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the matter with you people.

John Kerry is called second only to William F. Buckley in debating.

At worst this was a draw. Wake up and stop eating the democratic spin.

George Bush - not a great debater - fought kerry the traitor to a draw - I personally thinkBush won - But I'll live with the draw.

LOCKHART: DEBATE CONSENSUS A 'DRAW'

Unbeknownst to Kerry adviser Mike McCurry, a C-SPAN camera quietly followed McCurry as he found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on Spin Alley floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said to McCurry , “The consensus is it was a draw.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

Have you guys ever worked disaster relief? It is emotionally and physically draining. I have worked several natural disasters for Christian relief agencies and it wears you out. Just wears you out. It isn't the physical labor, it's the other aspects. The overwhelming loss, everywhere you look.

Not quite worked it... but was in a major disaster... As told below, went through Hurricane Andrew.... It WAS exhausting..... But I imagine the actual ANG people that were called in to assist the victoms had their work cut out for them and were not only exhausted, but many were scared. There were a few riots, fights over food and water being passed out... MANY looters.....
For the most part, it wasn't too bad, but the ANG (and many volunteers from undamaged places) did their job and worked through all of that.... so, yes, I can imagine.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty

Last edited by MrJapan on Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

Wynne wrote:
This may seem hokey to a lot of people who may read my post, but like President Bush, I am a person of faith and something tonight tells me that our President is on the side of the angels and the voting public are going to respond to that. He is a moral man of righteous, heartfelt convictions. He is a man of strength -- a strength that speaks to the heart and soul and mind.

I amost puked whrn Kerry mentioned God in his closing statement. Kerry- the great leftist of faith.

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul R.
PO3

I wonder if Bush could find some polite way, without naming names, to point out that some of the countries that did not join the coalition did not because the status quo was to their financial advantage?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with openfish. SNAP OUT OF IT, PEOPLE!

If I wanted to hang out with pessimists and sad sacks I would become a Demoncrat and hang out at moveon.orgy. Smoke dope, go bra-less, and march around with a sign. But I don't wanna, so KNOCK IT OFF!

Sheesh, people! Chin up, chest out, eyes front...
bach04
Lieutenant

The president should have been given every opportunity to prepare for this critical debate. I am not sure how his advisors came to recommending the president to tour damaged hurricane areas today, but that was a mistake IMO. The president could have done this first thing tomorrow morning, and used the opportunity today to rest today.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reagan's comeback Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as good a President as George W. Bush may be, he doesn't have Reagan's gift for eloquence. If he did, this election would be a landslide for Bush, but Bush needs to be much more combative, and be ready to pick apart Kerry's lies with facts.

Meanwhile, the SBVT need to run ads saying what Kerry did to Vietnam by advocating early withdrawal, and convince voters that he would do the same to Iraq, leading to the "worst case scenario" from the "National Intelligence Estimate": civil war in Iraq, and over 1000 American soldiers killed IN VAIN while John "Chamberlain" Kerry claims "peace in our time", until the next terrorist attack.
joeshero
Commander

Kimmymac wrote:

I made this point on another thread, (a bootleg post, sorry Moderators) that Reagan did pretty poorly against Mondale in the first 1984 debate, and you all remember how that election ended up. Very similar situations: Reagan was ahead in the polls, Mondale was a senator and a lawyer, and so a more "skilled debater"--Reagan seemed tired and a little distracted...

EXCELLENT POST! What an interesting coincident, although on the substance Bush won substantially. Whether substance is much more important in today's era of terrorism, I don't know. But did you notice, while they were talking about Iraq, almost no explicit statement that thanked the troops who served in Afghan and Iraq.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that is troubling is Kerry saying he would eliminate all the bases that Bush is currently building and would have no bases in Iraq. I have always believed that one of the reasons for going into iraq when we did was so we had a place in the region to fly from because Saudi had been insisting we get out of there for quite some time.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
zinfella wrote:
flagreen wrote:
Quote:
"You know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

The mistake was how he voted against funding the troops, and not how he talked about the vote. Let's not lose focus here.

Yes I understand but my point was that Kerry said that the President made a mistake when he invaded Iraq. Hence Kerry thinks invading Iraq was a mistake - his words not mine.

NO, that is how John F-ing Kerry wants you to think about his screw up in saying that he voted for the bill, just before he voted against it. That is SPIN, NOT THRUTH. He's now trying to get out of what he actually said. SHEESH!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Anyway here are my thoughts on the debate: Bush spent a frustrating 45 minutes trying to nail jello to the wall. Kerry was all over himself like cheap cologne on a male prostitute. "I am against the war, the war was a mistake, Saddam wasn't that bad, but Saddam was a threat and I will vigorously pursue terrorists in Iraq even though there are no terrorists in Iraq, they are ALL in Afghanistan. I support our troops and proved it by voting against body armor for them, but I now blame the President that humvees are not safe enough. Did I mention I saw combat over there somewhere, not Vietnam, don't say Vietnam. Something about subways and New York. The President doesn't include our allies in anything, and I will; my first step will be to pursue bi-lateral talks with N.Korea, shutting out China and Russia, thereby proving I am putty in Kim Jung Il's hands. This is how I will demonstrate my strength, and leadership; by irritating the leaders of Russia and China. Did I mention I saw combat in that other war? I will be strong and resolute in fighting terror, while making sure it passes the global test. Everyone in the world will love America more, because I will be the President and I have special powers that are a secret, but trust me, I have them. I have a special secret way to fight the war in Iraq which involves sealing the borders air tight and eliminating all terrorist activity in Fallujah, while simultaneously bringing home the troops. Did you know I was in combat? I will add two divisions to the Army, without instituting the draft. I will add millions of police to the streets, and you will get no tax cuts, but I will not raise taxes. I have a special plan to pay for this, but it is a secret. I am Kerry, the Great Karnack. I know all, see all, do all!" .

This is a spectacular summary of Kerry's windage. Someone send it to Rush!

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 28 of 45

Jump to: