SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVPT Debate Topic - Plz post ALL comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something not at all right about the factcheck article. I can't see how Bush could own so little of a partnership as to earn $84. Seems more likely he owns stock in a timber company, which hardly makes him a small business owner.

Endaar
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
Rdtf wrote:
factcheck.org is saying Bush does own a timber company!?!?

I'm not seeing that. Do you have a link?

Nope - cece? from the washington post? said it on FOX on Greta... Quoted that site - and didn't even say it was just shares of stock.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Bush's tax return for 2001 showing the $84, but I don't see any reference to it being a timber company. Am I missing something? Confused

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/presreturns.nsf/Returns/968A0298DD56761B85256E4400790D0E/$file/bush01.pdf

Anyway, I think Bush just took Kerry outside back of the woodshed and whooped him up side the head with a piece of that "timber" - way to go Bush!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Debbie
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there are over 400 posts. If everyone gave just $10.00 that would be well over $2,000.00. Some have given well over that.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an accountant. If there are less than 500,000 Sub S businesses, I believe I know at least half of them personally and I don't get around that much!

I just pulled a book off my bookshelf, VERY DATED I might add. In 1993 there were 1,905,800 Sub S Corporate returns filed with the IRS. That number has grown leaps and bounds since then. (I'm looking for the source of that to see if I can find an updated number. Maybe others have newer info than that.) Then on top of the Sub S, you have LLPs which file partnership returns but are pretty much like Sub S corps.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great debate. If Kerry memorizes a few more Republican quotes, Bush won't have to show up for the next one.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

factcheck.org says Bush's argument is inflated. Possibly true, but what is not said is that ultimately, all taxes are borne primarily by the middle class, regardless of who pays 'em on surface inspection. The question is, which policies result in the best economic situation for the most people, in the long run.

This is probably not the forum for THAT discussion, however!

Last edited by Paul R. on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dems have been making jokes all week about bush/cheney saying you have a 'small business' if you have a garage sell, bake sell etc....

They're probably talking about Bush clearing the wood (fallen trees) on his ranch! maybe they sell it for firewood to people in Crawford.... or to the Secret Svc people for their Crawford 'home'....

anyone who hasn't been to the topic list for awhile, needs to check it out.... drudge has a copy of an ABC memo..... s....t gonna hit the fan.... oh wait, I forgot ABC won't report it!!!! maybe c BS will as payback!

I'm gonna email Greta also.... I emailed her after he VP debate- also Brit etc.... that we weren't wasting our time on their polls as the dems were doing repeat voting etc.... Brit mentioned today that emails came in before the debate EVEN STARTED saying that Edwards won!!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
Here's Bush's tax return for 2001 showing the $84, but I don't see any reference to it being a timber company. Am I missing something? Confused

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/presreturns.nsf/Returns/968A0298DD56761B85256E4400790D0E/$file/bush01.pdf

Anyway, I think Bush just took Kerry outside back of the woodshed and whooped him up side the head with a piece of that "timber" - way to go Bush!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Debbie

Looking at that tax return, the name of the business was "The Lone Star Trust" and their principle business or service is "Oil & Gas Production". It is on page 5 of 9 in the tax return PDF. Sure doesnt look like a "timber" company to me! I think the Kerry Campaign got this information from factcheck.org prior (the article on fact check.org was from a while ago) and Kerry was coached to use this.

Speaking of tax returns....Where are TERESA'S??? How bout disclosing their non United States property and investments!?!?!

Last edited by ord33 on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
Great debate. If Kerry memorizes a few more Republican quotes, Bush won't have to show up for the next one.

You guys crack me up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash polls, as skewed as they are, can say anything they want. I sure enjoyed seeing Kerry stammering the few times he did. Laughing Laughing

I'll wait for real polls early next week to see what really is said. Ultimately, the only poll that counts will be the one we hear about November 3, though Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
I'm an accountant. If there are less than 500,000 Sub S businesses, I believe I know at least half of them personally and I don't get around that much!

I just pulled a book off my bookshelf, VERY DATED I might add. In 1993 there were 1,905,800 Sub S Corporate returns filed with the IRS. That number has grown leaps and bounds since then. (I'm looking for the source of that to see if I can find an updated number. Maybe others have newer info than that.) Then on top of the Sub S, you have LLPs which file partnership returns but are pretty much like Sub S corps.

that must have been something kerry said.....
having worked for 11 yrs in a local city tax and business licensing dept, I can back you up.... if little old chandler, az was licensing 75 + a month (city about 100-150,000) then give me a break! 500.000! I wonder how many Phx has...... may check our corp commission..... some Bush person will come up with the right number.

That's another thing they don't include in the 'job's number' !!!! All the people who have their 'own' business and don't show up on those job lists - it started booming after Desert Storm and hasn't stopped -

just on msnbc - in 2001 bush owned some shares in a timber company and made $84 - they are saying they were 'joking' that according to Bush/Cheney that would make him a 'small business owner' ha ha
Kerry wasn't saying it as a joke..... that should go against him - he people didn't check that out! or kerry heard it somewhere and just threw it in - hope it smacks him!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.

Last edited by Stevie on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Running Total:
Me#1You#10 is in for $100
Nutso is in for $25
Dmackto is in for $25
Chance is in for $10
hleone is in for $50
minnie presley is in for $20
neverforget is in for $50
Ord is in for $25
ashter is in for $50
Beatrice1000 is in for $100
ondryland is in for $25
ILOVETHEUSA is in for $25
Tacan70UDN is in for $50
Rdtf is in for $25
Kmudd is in for $10
wirebiter is in for $25
Cheyenne is in for $50
my mom is in for $10
dmackto is in for $25
Endaar is in for $50
Steve Z is in for $50
ArmyMedicsMom is in for $25
Proud of my VietVet Dad! $250
Daniel J. Hutchison is in for $50
neverforget is in for $50 more
1AD is in for $50
my roommate is in for $10
LeeWaters is in for $50
Ord33 is in for $25
reconflyer is in for $25
2ndamendsis and Gary are in for $50
ProudDaughterofVet is in for $25
Jim NYC is in for $50
wwIIvetsdaughter is in for $25
I am in for $7 more "plan" dollars
Rdtf is in for another $50 because he loves Dubya
I'm in for another $3 because the system doesnt take 7's
pneal is in for $35 (i almost missed that one)
MissouriVeteransDaughter is in for $10
1AD is in for another $10 and gives up on his wife not finding out

Total $1625

I'm ready to head to bed but I'll leave this open over night and tally whatever is in my PM box in the morning plus whatever new donations are posted in this thread and then post the total.

You all were awsome and it was so much more fun tonight especially while counting Kerry say "I have a plan" and wondering how I was ever going to afford it if he didnt shut up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job dmackto...Goodnight and God Bless Smile
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Bush made Kerry dance to the tune of his sixguns!

Hehe Texans Should Be Proud!

Serious, a history lesson from four years, ago: Gore was touted as being much better than Bush in their first debate, but Bush came back and trounced him in the other two.

My theory is this: Bush may play the bumpkin in the first debate, but what he is doing is analyzing his opponant's style of debating. It's just like in any war, you get a good analysis of the enemy and then use that intel to blow him away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 28 of 34

Jump to: