SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot: That is GREAT NEWS!!!

WOOOHOOOO---by those measures, when you consider what Kerry had to acomplish, GEORGE BUSH HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK!!!

It means that they looked at Kerry, heard him clearly and articulately express himself, AND DON'T CARE--because they don't believe him

Bush looked tired, he stumbled a little, and BOTTOM LINE, the american people don't care...

No wonder Lockhart said it was a draw...he means: Kerry did better tonight at being Rico Suave, but George Bush is still the one the American people trust....

<<picture me doing a victory dance>>
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: A MAJOR Point from tonight people may be missing!!!!! Reply with quote

I think that Rush will probably bring this up on his show tomorrow since all of the talking heads seem to be overlooking it, but what about John Kerry's call for BI-Lateral talks with the insane madman that runs North Korea????!!!!! How in God's green earth could he contemplate taking such a step and alianating China, South Korea, Japan, and Russia in the process?! It was the MOST scary thing I have ever heard Kerry say. We have to deal with North Korea, but opening up a dialogue between us and them without consulting their neighbors is totally reckless and almost beyond comprehension. WHY would we ever do such a stupid thing????? The difference between President Bush and John Kerry is stark and a Kerry Presidency would be disastrous and dangerous for this Country we love so very, very much!
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: someone slap Kerry plz Reply with quote

What I found funny is Kerry portrayed himself as a soldier once on the front lines.

That little thing of losing men, and not knowing who was around the corner Rolling Eyes

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
Paul R. wrote:
I wonder if Bush could find some polite way, without naming names, to point out that some of the countries that did not join the coalition did not because the status quo was to their financial advantage?

I just keep thinking about what Bush did right tonight -- and today -- that goes way beyond debating points. He worked on the relief effort this morning and I don't believe he did it for a photo op. He did it because he cares and he knows it lifts people up to see that their president cares.

During the debate there were many things he could not say and to name the countries that did not join in the coalition was one of them. Bush was extremely careful to maintain cordial relations with our friends and potential friends while remaining strong against our enemies, the terrorists. He never slammed anybody. He never attacked anybody. He took the high road completely.

In the grand scheme of things, he did everything right! I just think that, the Dem-loaded fake polls notwithstanding, as the public reflects on what really went on in this debate tonight and that begins to seep into the public consciousness -- and it will regardless of what the media and opinion polls say -- over the next several days George Bush will be seen to be the real winner.

Oh, I agree he could not name names. But I think there has to be a more effective rebuttal to the charge of "rushing in", not having a wide enough coalition, etc.
MotherGoose
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: One debate does not a campaign make! Reply with quote

My husband says the debates mean nothing. The undecideds really aren't undecided, they just want us to think they are.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this didn't take long - looks like Lurch has some splainin' to do over the next few weeks:

http://www.georgewbush.com/debatefacts/Debate.aspx?stamp=9/30/2004%2010:16:46%20PM

Debbie
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

Hey Kerry! I was too smart to fall for that BS then, and I am too smart now. Now step back before I pour my drink down your pants.

So what did we learn tonight? Nothing. But we saw for our own eyes a prime, Grade AAA example of grandiose, pathological lying that makes Kerry a credit to his profession: lawyer and professional, unregenerate politician.

So if I am ever facing a homicide rap, I am calling Kerry. However, what I am in the market for at this time is Commander in Chief and President of the United States.

And for that I need a strong leader, not a skilled debater.

No sale, Kerry. Now go home to your wife, and get your pretty little hand off my knee, before I break it off.

There is just something about Texas women, that has always made happy to be born and raised here. Wit, wisdom, class, and style, damn you're good!!!
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno why you guys are talking doom and gloom. Bush held his own, he didnt wow the crowd but he held his own showed stability and confidence. Kerry lied lied lied. He may of won on cheap points tonight but by tomorrow night he will be thoroughly fisked and lose whatever shine off his apple he thought he had.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Paul R. wrote:
Bush was not at his best, but Kerry said a lot that can be used against Kerry.

So what? Kerry does that every day. That isn't any sort of automatic disqualification until it's brought home to the voters, and then not all will believe you. John f-ing Kerry is going to be hard to defeat, make no mistake. He has lied for over 30 years, and he's still getting away with it!!!!!!!!

True, Kerry does that every day, but the spotlight is much more on the debates. It's up to us to help "bring it home to the voters" while it's fresh in their minds.

Also true, some people think all politicians are equally liars, so they just support whomever helps them personally the most and the soonest. But, when it's their or their kids security, sometimes (sometimes) there is a bit of an opportunity.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to find out if that story about the 2 servicemen is true. I don't think it is.... just happened to be a national guard person? Right!

and he 'didnt' talk right' about the 87 billion $ ??? he didn't vote right! he still can't talk right!

people keep saying bush has a 'smirk'... I think it's just a crooked smile... and tonite I think he tried to hard not to 'smirk'.... I have one of those crooked smiles.... the other year my doctor was checking me - I think for neurological something.... one of the things he looked at was my face, and asked if I thought I'd had a stroke.... and I had to laugh.... cause I knew he was looking at my mouth..... when I smile, it's lopsided! It's been that way as long as I can remember.... as I look at Bush tonight, I do see something very different..... and I think it is his mouth / smile. THERE! I just saw him smile normally !!! That's our Bush!!!!! That's what's wrong!!!! He needs to tell people something the same about his 'smirk' like he did about a 'swagger' !!! I'm gonna email RNC and tell them to let him smile normally!!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand 'won the debate', except in the context of 'high school debating society'.

If one debater delivers a flowery erudite explanation, "1 + 2 = 4, for very large values of 2"---

But the other debater delivers a stammering defense of "1 + 2 = 3"---

Except for members of the audience who can be conned into believing "1 + 2 = 4", the winner is the guy with the right answer.

Hopefully, the majority of voters can identify shinola when they step in it.

If not, perhaps a more 'show-biz' presentation of "1 + 2 = 3" could make a difference between victory or defeat...

Bush has many times been much more tongue-tied than tonite. This is about as good as it gets for Bush's speechifying. Either the voters will buy it, or not.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: USA Today post-debate poll Reply with quote

Thank you "kmmpatriot" for the wonderful, encouraging post-debate poll from USA Today. Maybe the importance of "debating points" is over-emphasized.

Some highlights:

Who did better job in the debate: Kerry 53 Bush 37

Expressed himself more clearly: Kerry 60 Bush 32

Who would better handle situation in Iraq: Bush 54 Kerry 43

Trust as Commander in Chief: Bush 54 Kerry 44

Agrees with you on issues: Bush 49 Kerry 46

Was more believable: Bush 50 Kerry 45

Demonstrates he's tough enough for job: Bush 54 Kerry 37

Kerry picked up 3% on handling situation in Iraq and trust as CiC, but he's still way behind.

According to this survey, Kerry clearly scored debating points and expressed himself more clearly, but these people still trust Bush more, believe him, and believe he is tough enough to be President. By simple arithmetic, there are some people in this group who thought Kerry won the debate but believe Bush is more qualified to be President. Maybe there are some people like that on this forum!

If this sample is at all representative, maybe voters have been paying attention to the campaign as a whole, and may not be "swayable" by eloquent lies during a debate. I hope this sample IS representative, and voters are smarter than the spinmeisters believe them to be... Maybe it's possible to lose a debate but win the election, based on consistent long-term campaigning and performance in office.

But a 3% swing could be important in certain states...

Still, we should NOT be complacent, and we will probably need a few more SBVT ads to keep the eloquent lying traitor out of the White House!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I found funny is Kerry portrayed himself as a soldier once on the front lines.

Yeah, I don't know if that worked well for him. Sounded like a braggart.
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if already posted:

From ABCNews.com

Quote:
As is customary, the debate did not immediately change many minds. Bush's support was 50 percent among viewers before the debate, and 51 percent after it; Kerry's, 46 percent before, 47 percent after. Ralph Nader had 1 percent before and a tad less than that after.

So, Bush went from 50% to 51%, Kerry went from 46% to 47%. Only Nader lost ground.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Vote2004/debate_poll_040930.html
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kimmymac. Great jon...I needed the laugh Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 30 of 45

Jump to: