SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Platoon Daddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading this board for a week or so, and finally determined it was time for me to log in.
Brief military history:
MOS: 11B4P & 19E4H
Proudly served in the US Army for 21 years. Retired as an E-7 in 1997
Enlisted Sept. 1968
Basic: Ft. Campbell
Advanced Inf. Trng: Ft. McClealin
NCOIC (also known as "Shake and Bake school") Ft. Bennings
Jump School: Ft. Bennings
RVN: Oct 69 - Oct 70 ( 4th ID 2/35th Inf. & LRRP's )
1970 - 1971 : 82nd Airborne ( White Falcons )
ETS: Aug 71 (23 day early out for school)
USAR: Dec 78 - 1997 Was in Armor Component (ie. M48, M60, M1A1 series tanks)
Final gig was as M1A1 Abram Platoon Sgt.
Awards: Some (A couple were pinned on before being released from 67th Evac. Hosp in Quin Nhon.)

Am looking forward to hanging out with my fellow vets on this BB...can't think of a better group of individuals to be associated with.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: dd214 Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
this site is open to the world. I would not post my dd214 on the net. Hasn't anyone ever heard of fraud? Plus the people that are asking for them, let me see yours and i'll show you mine. I just don't get it. Any Honorable Veteran would not question ones status because of disagreements or point of views. I support the truth and I'm trying to let fellow Veterans the truth that's going on and more to our VA Budget. For example Prescription drugs at our pharmacy will go from 7 dollars to 10 dollars. that is true. I'm also a member of the D.A.V. so you may contact them as well. I've been a life member since 2000 and Richard Curry is my chapter president, # 5. www.dav.org. or 1-877-426-2838

I don't give a damn about your "views." That crap you posted about the MP "Core," which is pure, grade-a BS, is proof that you're no more a veteran then you're a brain surgeon.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: dd214 Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
this site is open to the world. I would not post my dd214 on the net. Hasn't anyone ever heard of fraud? Plus the people that are asking for them, let me see yours and i'll show you mine. I just don't get it. Any Honorable Veteran would not question ones status because of disagreements or point of views. I support the truth and I'm trying to let fellow Veterans the truth that's going on and more to our VA Budget. For example Prescription drugs at our pharmacy will go from 7 dollars to 10 dollars. that is true. I'm also a member of the D.A.V. so you may contact them as well. I've been a life member since 2000 and Richard Curry is my chapter president, # 5. www.dav.org. or 1-877-426-2838

Redact your last name, RA or SSA number, and home address and no one is going to be able to steal your questionable credentials, boyo! It's not like DD214's are unavailable to those of with contacts in the V.A if we have the energy. Seems to me that most veterans here question your creds and if you want to be accepted, regardless of your political views, you owe us that much. I see no risk in doing so and offer to do exacly what I recommend that you do. So the ball is in your court grunt. Respond, or I for one, won't respond to your posts.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rittar wrote:
I only served one overseas tour in Berlin, Germany. I don't know why I didn't go overseas again. I served at numerous state side posts including: Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Sam Houston, Ft. Huachuca, Fort Sill. Just knowing how to spell Ft. Huachuca should establish my credibility (lame attempt at humor.)

I can read the newspapers, my radio is tuned to NPR and PBS, I've got subscriptions to Mother Jones, Utne Reader and The Nation and I've got a web link to MoveOn.org bookmarked to help me figure this out, so even I can see it's obvious you didn't tell us everything --- since you joined in 1971 and didn't do a tour of duty in Vietnam, you were obviously a member of the Texas Air National Guard. Wink

Besides, just because you think you know how to spell Fort Hoochy-Cooch don't mean nothin'. What day does the cavalry charge? Laughing Cool
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: dd214 Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

Hey h3digital, I'm a life member of DAV too, paid for it on the installment plan when I didn't have a pot to pis in.

Here's a possible news flash for you --- benefits for active military, retired military and VA entitled have been relentlessly tinkered with, reduced, repackaged, resold and sometimes attacked by every administration since I joined the Navy in 1962 --- such benefits are a political football that is tossed around endlessly by both political parties and political critters of every stripe. We've just got to hold their feet to the fire, and the job is never done.

I don't think the choice of who is the next President of the U.S. should hinge on who can get us the best benefits package - there is more at stake than that.

Another thing about the VA and VA claims, everything is adversarial. I know of two cases that were denied until fought to the proper decision -- one, a Marine shot point blank in the face with an AK-47 was discharged without a nickel; and the other, an Americal vet half-blinded by an RPG blast in the A Shau Valley was denied for years until a former VA lawyer got his case.

I agree with you about flashing DD-214s around the Internet, there are other ways.

I disagree that claims to be a veteran should be accepted at face value, especially on the Internet. Not all veterans claiming to be honorable are really even veterans, let alone honorable.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platoon Daddy wrote:
Been reading this board for a week or so, and finally determined it was time for me to log in.
Brief military history:
MOS: 11B4P & 19E4H...
... released from 67th Evac. Hosp in Quin Nhon.

Come on Platoon Daddy, don't be so "Armycentric", we sailors don't know squat about MOS, although I can guess you were a Eleven-Bush of some variety, so please speak in something resembling straight English and what precisely is 19E4H and what is the Four Papa in your first MOS?

I've got a sick call slip from 67th Evac. myself, got there in a Mike Boat and a jeep, not by helo.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: dd214 Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

Harry,

If you're really a DAV and have 4 kids why don't you tell us exactly what you expect from the government while you sit in front of a computer debating politics with a bunch of middle and old aged men.

If you spent the time you spend here trying to support your family like the rest of us have for our entire lives you might have a better a self-image, be more financially secure, and understand the wonderful nation you live in.

I support assistence for all people with limited abilities, especially DAVs.

What I don't support is lazy jerks that can spend 12 hours a day playing with a computer when they could be supporting their families with the same damn computer.

Initiative Boyo! You're only disabled because you think you are! Notice I'm trusting and not demanding verification...but only for now and... I'm getting too old to educate children that could educate themselves if they gave a **** about themselves and their country.

Besides which, I don't type fast enough to be playing these games.

Best Wishes.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhuCat to Phu Quoc wrote:
Platoon Daddy wrote:
Brief military history:

Come on Platoon Daddy, don't be so "Armycentric", we sailors don't know squat about MOS, although I can guess you were a Eleven-Bush of some variety, so please speak in something resembling straight English and what precisely is 19E4H and what is the Four Papa in your first MOS?

I've got a sick call slip from 67th Evac. myself, got there in a Mike Boat and a jeep, not by helo.

Duh? I'm a former Boatswain's Mate, what the $#@& is a MOS? Some kinda knot? Laughing Laughing Laughing Maybe a boat? Duh? Laughing Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what the $#@& is a MOS

Don't know how you navy guys referred to it, but in the Army, it meant Military Occupational Specialty, or something like that. Mine was 67V20, OH-6A/OH-58A Helicopter Repairman.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
PhuCat to Phu Quoc wrote:
Platoon Daddy wrote:
Brief military history:

Duh? I'm a former Boatswain's Mate, what the $#@& is a MOS? Some kinda knot? Laughing Laughing Laughing Maybe a boat? Duh? Laughing Laughing

It's this way Boats; If you had gotten a job as a defense contractor post-Navy like I did and ended up working Army and Air Force contracts like I did, instead of going out and wasting your time earning your filthy millions, you would know that MOS is Military Occupational Specialty. MOS 11B is infantry, unless I just lost an entire memory bank.

Pssst! By the way, the don't know what NEC is, and they are so "Armycentric" they think everybody is supposed to understand what DEROS means, and I'm way past my PRD and EAOS, so I'm outa here.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: dd214 Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
this site is open to the world. I would not post my dd214 on the net. Hasn't anyone ever heard of fraud? Plus the people that are asking for them, let me see yours and i'll show you mine.

Try something like this.
http://vikingphoenix.com/public/rongstad/photography/Qui_Nhon_ET.htm
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ,

More Navcronymns than I've heard in 35 years! I'm going to have to twist some synapses to recall this crap.. But... DEROS = "Freedom Bird to the World" ...that one I'll never forget! Wink
Platoon Daddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhuCat, LewWaters,ASPB.........

*LMAO* Forgot that all of you fellow vets are not ARMY. I'll talk reeeeaalll slow likethen.
Rolling Eyes
MOS is Military Occupation Skill

19E4H is someone who is in Armor ( tanks...the kind that have tracks & such....not septic tanks) *G*

11B4P is an Airborne Infantry folk.....ya know, two things that fall from the sky, bird **** and fools?

I found some interesting stuff about Kerrys DD214 concerning his Silver Star. Scroll down to the bottom of this link, and read the awards list.
http://www.awolbush.com/kerry-vs-bush.asp or here at Kerrys website http://www.johnkerry.com/about/DD214.pdf
Interesting that they show a Silver Star with "V" device...while the actual citation signed by the Secretary Of The Navy shows no "V" awarded. http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Silver_Star.pdf Plus on his uniform ribbons, there is no "V" attached to the Silver Star ribbon. Typo??? Wink
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Christ,

More Acronymns than I've heard in 35 years! I'm going to have to twist some synapses to recall this crap.. But... DEROS = "Freedom Bird to the World" ...that one I'll never forget! Wink

Actually Boats, DEROS is an Army term pushed upon us sailors by the slavish and incestuous subordination of NAVFORV to MACV. On the basis of sheer numbers and top commanders, MACV was basically an Army show so their jargon ruled in certain situations. I returned a blank stare to the first soldier that sprung DEROS on me, then asked him to explain, and he got irritated but eventually complied, and I realized he was approximately talking about my PRD (Projected Rotation Date), That soldier didn't know what PRD or BUPERS was, and he thought I was dumb! I would have loved to give him and his cranky ass some extra duty on a needle gun or a knuckle buster and then assign him to a mail bouy watch.
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platoon Daddy wrote:
PhuCat, LewWaters,ASPB.........

*LMAO* Forgot that all of you fellow vets are not ARMY. I'll talk reeeeaalll slow likethen.
Rolling Eyes
MOS is Military Occupation Skill

Not. MOS is Military Occupational Specialty. But close.

Doesn't make any difference if you talk reaaaaaal slow, and you are going to have to repeat everything else you wrote, I can't read it, because you typed too fast for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 4 of 47

Jump to: