SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep and now I know why! This is soooooo sweet. Thank you, again, for all your good work, Navy Chief Cool
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link below is the Seperations section of the US Code Title 10 Section 1162 and 1163 as well as their history.

http://66.135.39.97/chapter59-seperation.pdf

SBD
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question....why were his medals not reissued in 1977 when his discharge status would have been changed? Why wasn't that done for 7 more years?
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Grounds fro removal Reply with quote

One of the grounds for dismissal from Title 10, Section 1162 before it was repealed in 1994 was :
Quote:
Under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, a Reserve who becomes a regular or ordained minister of religion is entitled upon his request to a discharge from his reserve enlistment or appointment

I don't suppose Kerry will be able to fall back on the defense that he was an ordained minister, will he? Twisted Evil
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning All,

First, my compliments to you Navy Chief. Wink

A couple of questions about this.

Can't the NY Sun get these docs through FIA filing? (It was a Chicago news paper that filed and got the sealed divorce records of the Rep Senate Candidate, Jack Ryan.) BTW, let's ask them to get Kerry's divorce records too.

Second, I doubt if Bush would go off course and use any of this info no matter what.

However, it sure supports our theme that Kerry is UFC.

Of course they'll spin this into Kerry being a victim.
However, just trying to hide this makes him look deceitful, but we knew that. Actually, it makes him a LIAR.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Grounds fro removal Reply with quote

SteamSnipe wrote:
One of the grounds for dismissal from Title 10, Section 1162 before it was repealed in 1994 was :
Quote:
Under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, a Reserve who becomes a regular or ordained minister of religion is entitled upon his request to a discharge from his reserve enlistment or appointment

I don't suppose Kerry will be able to fall back on the defense that he was an ordained minister, will he? Twisted Evil

Maybe Rev Alston ordained him!! Laughing

SBD
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Ok, I am no lawyer, so all the Section 1162/1163 stuff is boggling my mind, but looking at the precedents contained in the docs from SBD's link, it would seem the President himself would have had to involuntarily discharged Kerry from his commission. Even if convicted of court martial, the SECNAV wouldn't have the cojones to discharge
Quote:
Where officer was convicted by court--martial and sentenced to dismissal without such sentence having been approved
by President, letter addressed to officer by Secretary of Navy purporting to dismiss him from naval service not pursuant to
sentence of court but because of facts disclosed by record, was unauthorized attempt to dismiss said officer. 17 Op Atty
Gen 21.

So, did Nixon shi*can Kerry, and can we expect to see that spin, ie Kerry was victim of Evil old Tricky Dick?
By the way, FanFreakingTastic job NavyChief. Everytime I see a thread started by you, I know it is going to take my breath away
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question....why is this worded like it is??

A Kerry campaign spokesman, David Wade, was asked whether Mr. Kerry had ever been a victim of an attempt to deny him an honorable discharge. There has been no response to that inquiry.

VICTIM of an ATTEMPT
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Poetic Justice Reply with quote

Ah, it would be truly excellent if this develops into a major hit on Kerry in the next few days. Think of the poetic justice of Kerry being laid low by the astute observations of NavyChief seeing the 1162 reference, especially considering that Genghis Khan was born in 1162, and Kerry's was so quick to describe honorable vets as rampaging hordes remininiscent of Ghengis Khan upon his return to the States. It just feels so right!
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, VICTIM of an ATTEMPT?

Because Mr. Lipscomb is a good investigative journalist, giving his interviewee a spin that may draw an admission: “Yea, victim, that’s the ticket.”
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God, I just went into an AOL chat to share the good news, the Kerry crowd was absolutely speechless.

I guess they are waiting for their queue from their leader on how to react.

I wonder if Kerry knew about this at all, or is he just waking up to find out the truth is leaking out about his service record.

BTW, do you think this might affect the viewership of 'Stolen Honor' in any way???

Is it sweeps week yet? Sincalir would be going thru the freaking roof!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense:) Thanks...
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Poetic Justice Reply with quote

SteamSnipe wrote:
Ah, it would be truly excellent if this develops into a major hit on Kerry in the next few days. Think of the poetic justice of Kerry being laid low by the astute observations of NavyChief seeing the 1162 reference, especially considering that Genghis Khan was born in 1162, and Kerry's was so quick to describe honorable vets as rampaging hordes remininiscent of Ghengis Khan upon his return to the States. It just feels so right!

Next few days???? Hey, I don't hear it on the news by noon, I'm planning on driving to Tempe and pass out copies !!!!! Idea

Wonder who I can get to drive me???? Smile
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mailed to Fox & Friends, Hannity, B'OR (yeah yeah, I still like him), and Cavuto.

Hope the word gets out before the debate!
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens in the situation of :
A USNR officer, has done his obligation, is in the standby reserve
for years, the USN has no use for the officer, but the officer does
not bother to resign:
1 is involuntarily decommisioned
2 is put on the 'retired' list, but still 'commissioned'
I was under the impression that it was entirely normal
for reserve officers to, from time to time, face the 'get rid of
surplus officers board', who could,,, decide to
separate the officer from the service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30

Jump to: