SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lipscomb: Kerry Discharge questioned by JAG Officer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: lipscomb Reply with quote

where is the article posted, so I can view it, will try to call more senators in new mexico, please post article
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we are asking is for Kerry to answer the question before we vote. Just answer the question...were you honorably discharged?

Is anyone registered at any of the weblogs?

If so, could you please write in the comments about these areticles and ask everyone to email to 10 people they know and ask those to email to 10 that they know.

Just asking Kerry to answer the question.

http://www.nysun.com/article/4040

"A former officer in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve has built a case that Senator Kerry was other than honorably discharged from the Navy by 1975, The New York Sun has learned.

The "honorable discharge" on the Kerry Web site appears to be a Carter administration substitute for an original action expunged from Mr. Kerry's record, according to Mark Sullivan, who retired as a captain in the Navy's Judge Advocate General Corps Reserve in 2003 after 33 years of service as a judge advocate. Mr. Sullivan served in the office of the Secretary of the Navy between 1975 and 1977."

And this:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41200

"There is overwhelming evidence that the Navy gave
John Kerry either a dishonorable discharge or an
undesirable discharge – which is the equivalent of a
dishonorable discharge without the felony conviction –
and that, as a result of such discharge, he was
stripped of all of his famous but questionable Navy
awards and medals. And the kicker? The evidence is on
his website!"
Leslie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another source of checking how "popular" this article is:

www.memeorandum.com

It shows what bloggers are talking about what articles, and right now Mr. Lipscomb's is at the top!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you might want to consider doing is start posting these articles on LIBERAL blog sites and boards Exclamation
usmcwifeusafbrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forwarded it to 24 people I know that will pass it on. Some of these are retired military who are in DC with other Military at this moment. Also called Zell, Frist, Cornyn, Hutchison, Kyl and the other's you had listed. Hope my calls help you all out.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air Vet,

I absolutely agree we should focus on the facts we know, and point out what we don't know and that the only way we will know for sure is for Kerry to release his records, and maybe we can use this story to point out that Kerry has NOT released all his military records. Kerry admitted this himself in the Brokaw interview and that could be pointed out as well.

I still believe the vast majority of Americans think that he has released them - this could be used to raise doubts, even without positive proof, that Kerry is hiding something by not releasing his records, and maybe that is what the ultimate focus should be on at this point.

We should focus on what we DO know, and what we DON'T know to raise doubts, and when Kerry will not sign a 180 to release his records, even more doubt will be raised.

Debbie

Last edited by Debs on Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started putting it in the comments of the liberal weblogs but need help.

Here's a helpful list. I started at the top, can folks help by commenting on the bottom and working up?

http://www.truthlaidbear.com/TrafficRanking.php

If anyone is registered at any weblog (of any political affiliation, we could use the help to just ask the question why the media and Kerry have not put this issue to rest.

Last edited by DoGooder on Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
firewoodtim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
What you might want to consider doing is start posting these articles on LIBERAL blog sites and boards Exclamation

True. If I were a liberal right now, thinking about how much time and energy and money had been poured into Kerry's campaign, only to discover at the last moment that Kerry had masked such a vital aspect of his history, I'd be very angry at Kerry.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should zero in on some key points in Lipscombe's article, including:

Quote:
The "honorable discharge" on the Kerry Web site appears to be a Carter administration substitute for an original action expunged from Mr. Kerry's record...

Quote:
Kerry spokesman David Wade did not reply when asked if Mr. Kerry was other than honorably discharged before he was honorably discharged.

Quote:
Either Mr. Kerry received an "other than honorable" certificate that has been removed in a review purging it from his records, or even worse, he received no certificate at all.

In both cases there would have been a loss of all of Mr. Kerry's medals and the suspension of all benefits of service.

Quote:
A member of the Harvard Law School admissions committee recalled that the real reason Mr. Kerry was not admitted was because the committee was concerned that because Mr. Kerry had received a less than honorable discharge they were not sure he could be admitted to any state bar.

Quote:
All officials with knowledge of what specifically happened in Mr. Kerry's case are muzzled by the Privacy Act of 1974.

The act makes it a crime for federal employees to knowingly disclose personal information or records.

Also, to get people's attention, use phrases like...

"Explosive breaking news - Kerry lied about his military records, hid truth from American people."

"Developing story - Kerry's less-than-honorable military discharge - more information coming out hourly!"

Send out and ask recipients to forward to others, especially swing voters and Kerry supporters.

Remember, many don't check email often - phone calling is necessary too!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air Vet has a point. If the SwiftVets & POWs are discredited by a "Bloggergate", and then Kerry wins, it will be very difficult to deal with him (and other issues) after the election.

I'd raTHer see Zell and a few comrades make a statement today about things that are known. A biggie would be Kerry's commanding officer, Capt. George Elliot, saying that if he'd known then what he knows now, at a MINIMUM Kerry would have been investigated under Article 32 UCMJ, to determine if he (Kerry) should be court martialed. You can't get much clearer and direct than that. IMHO, if you want something that will get the security mom's and under 40 crowd chewing on their fingernails, push that Sampan incident (dereliction of duty / dead child / false report / CO would investigate to determine possible court martial.)

I know that's not the biggest issue: What came later is bigger. But when I heard Steve Gardner on the radio talking about the Sampan incident, that's what got me (slightly too young for 'Nam, and not military) really motivated to find out more. I guess it was an emotional motivation to find out the facts. If the whole country could have seen the Sampan mini-doc, a week ago, Kerry would lose another 10 points.

I don't know if Sen. Peter Fitzgerald would "stand up" or not, but he is a retiring conservative Republican:

Contact Information (I'm at work & can't call!)

Web Site: fitzgerald.senate.gov
E-mail: Contact Via 'Web Form.'

Washington Office:
555 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-1305
Phone: (202) 224-2854
Fax: (202) 228-1372

Main District Office:
230 S. Dearborn St., #3900
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: (312) 886-3506
Fax: (312) 886-3514
(more district offices)

Background Information

Party: Republican
Residence: Inverness
Marital Status: Married (Nina)
Prev. Occupation: Attorney
Prev. Political Exp.: IL Senate, 1993-98
Education: AB Dartmouth College, 1982; JD University of Michigan, 1986
Birthdate: 10/20/1960
Birthplace: Elgin, IL
Religion: Catholic

===============================

Gotta get back to work. Good luck!
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have Veterans News Sites and Contact info. Could someone provide them to me?

We should ask them to spread the word and ask veterans to spread the word as well.
MyAslan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing what I can to get the word out. Wink
http://www.protestwarrior.com/
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link handy to a Michael Dobbs' admission that Kerry has been lying about the completeness of his campaign-released military records?

Thanks
granny23
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips27.html

Is this what you want?

94 pages of records unreleased?

Reporting by the Washington Post's Michael Dobbs points out that although the Kerry campaign insists that it has released Kerry's full military records, the Post was only able to get six pages of records under its Freedom of Information Act request out of the "at least a hundred pages" a Naval Personnel Office spokesman called the "full file."

What could that more than 100 pages contain? Questions have been raised about President Bush's drill attendance in the reserves, but Bush received his honorable discharge on schedule. Kerry, who should have been discharged from the Navy about the same time -- July 1, 1972 -- wasn't given the discharge he has on his campaign Web site until July 13, 1978. What delayed the discharge for six years? This raises serious questions about Kerry's performance while in the reserves that are far more potentially damaging than those raised against Bush.

Experts point out that even the official military records get screwed up. Milavic is trying to get mistakes in his own DD214 file corrected. In his opinion, "these entries are not prima facie evidence of lying or unethical behavior on the part of Kerry or anyone else with screwed-up DD214s."

Burkett, who has spent years working with the FBI, Department of Justice and all of the military services uncovering fraudulent files in the official records, is less charitable: "The multiple citations and variations in the official record are reason for suspicion in itself, even disregarding the current swift boat veterans' controversy."

Thomas Lipscomb is chairman of the Center for the Digital Future in New York.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is helpful Granny, but what I'm looking for is a link to an online interview of Michael Dobbs conducted on the WaPo website where, I believe, Dobbs personally acknowledges that Kerry's military records presentation is incomplete.

Searching WaPo now, but Lipscomb's story will probably do nicely...thanks Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: