SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama Birth Certificate/Eligibility Lawsuits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The director of Hawaii's Department of Health confirmed on Friday what Barack Obama has been saying all along: the presidential candidate was born in Honolulu....

Citing her statutory authority to oversee and maintain Hawaii's vital records, Fukino said she has "personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

...looks like weasle words:
1. Verifies she has seen it.
2. Verifies the state has it.
3. One claim is that is was submitted up to a week AFTER the birth, giving the mother time to come from overseas and petition for certificate.
4. Does not connect the dots: does not verify that the original states that Obama was born in Hawaii. That declaration is made by the paper, not in quotes from Ms Chiyome Fukino.

....might be nitpicking, but has anyone checked to see if she ever worked for Dan Rather or CBS?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Does this settle the issue? Or, stir it up deeper?

Lew, it seems to me that the obvious "solution", assuming a non-problematical birth certificate, would have been for Obama to authorize access to Berg via discovery in the lawsuit.

That he chose, instead, to stonewall the release suggests that there's something he wants to hide...same as Kerry.

Legitimate or not, the greater issue now, it seems to me, is the question of just WHO has standing to judicially petition for certification of someone's qualification to serve as President of the United States...and it needs to be resolved.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me #1, I fail to see how any citizen of our country does not have standing to question a presidential candidates birth, given the many claims made by Obama's family members. Then again, I'm not an attorney, either.

That he hides his birth certificate is troubling, just as Kerry's refusal to allow scrutiny of his records was.

Just like Kerry, this whole matter could have been resolved long ago by simply showing the certificate, if legitimate.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'sealed' used in clip posted by Tewspilot on p2

Hi official said the BC 'sealed' - which I took to mean not viewable to the public etc

would need BO to request it or court order most likely to see / get a copy.

we really DO need to get some of this crappola fixed before another election.

eligibility
polls / registering to vote

early voting - stop doing that stuff!!!

I know I plan to continually hassle my reps/senators until something is done.

and cleaning UP those voter records - the dead, the moved, the duplicates, etc.

and i can tell ya - from working at a few government offices - county in CA (court) and county and city in AZ - that when returned mail comes in by the tons and there isn't the manpower to deal with it - it gets shredded!
all gone - no one to know it wasn't handled etc
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...this thing has more lives than a cat......

Quote:
Doubts persist about Obama birth certificate
Considerable evidence still points to candidate's birth in Kenya

Posted: November 02, 2008
9:21 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

HONOLULU – Even though Hawaii officials now claim to have verified the authenticity of Sen. Barack Obama's birth certificate – in hopes of ending widespread speculation and even multiple lawsuits challenging the Democrat candidate's constitutional qualification to be president – it turns out there is still reason for serious questioning.

In fact, there is considerable evidence that Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the candidate and his campaign have maintained.

As WND reported from Honolulu last week, Gov. Linda Lingle instructed the Hawaii Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to Obama's original birth certificate. Lingle's letter to WND made clear that the original doctor-generated and hospital-released birth certificate on file with the state's health department would be released to the press if Obama so requested – but to date the candidate has made no such request.

The governor's communication with WND also left ambiguous whether the Obama birth certificate on file with the Department of Health was originally generated by a Hawaii doctor after giving birth to Obama in Hawaii, or generated in Kenya and subsequently registered by the Obama family in Hawaii.

On April 5, WND conducted a telephone interview from New Jersey to Kenya with Sayid Obama, brother of Barack Obama senior and the uncle of Sen. Barack Obama. The interview is reported in the book "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality" on pages 21-25, 26-28, 29, 30, 34 and 103.

In the interview, Sayid acknowledged he was not sure whether his brother, Barack Obama senior, practiced Islam or whether Barack Obama junior was born in Kenya or in Hawaii.

He did remember distinctly that Obama junior had visited Africa in 1987, then a second time in 1992 when Obama junior traveled to Kenya with his wife-to-be Michelle; and a third time, as a U.S. senator, when Obama returned with Michelle in 2006.

Sayid acknowledged that his father (Sen. Obama's grandfather) was wealthy in the Luo tribe, a practicing Muslim who traveled the world with the British, and insisted that Barack Obama senior attend school and was quite intelligent in school.

WND had scheduled a second telephone interview for April 25 with Auma Obama, Sen. Barack Obama's sister in Kenya, but Auma canceled the interview and apologized to WND after Sen. Obama's campaign forbade her or any other of the Obama family to conduct any further interviews with WND, following the interview with Sayid Obama.

The issue of the authenticity of Obama's original birth certificate is further muddied by communications from Sen. Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro, who has claimed Obama was born in two different Hawaii hospitals.

In a November 2004 interview with the Rainbow Newsletter, Maya told reporters her half-brother Sen. Barack Obama was born on Aug. 4, 1961, at Queens Medical Center in Honolulu; then in February 2008, Maya told reporters for the Honolulu Star-Bulletin that Obama was at the Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children.

Last week in Hawaii, WND retained a top private investigator with extensive FBI training and tasked with visiting both the Queens Medical Center and the Kaliolani Medical Center to investigate claims that Obama birth certificates existed at either hospital.

But the private investigator reported that on Thursday and Friday of last week, sheriff's deputies were stationed at both hospitals to fend off press inquiries about Obama's birth certificate.

Get the book that started it all, Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation," autographed by the author, exclusively from WND's online store for the amazing low price of just $4.95.

On Thursday, KGMB9 News reported that Hawaii's top health official, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, was trying to defuse rumors that Barack Obama was born in Kenya by saying she had seen the birth certificate herself, but said Hawaii laws aimed at stopping identity theft prevented her from releasing the document despite multiple requests to do so.

Fukino failed to resolve the controversy by disclosing whether the "official document" she saw had been generated in a Kenyan hospital or in a Hawaiian hospital.

The controversy is further fueled by a video posted on YouTube in which Obama's Kenyan grandmother Sarah claims to have witnessed personally Obama's birth in Kenya. The YouTube.com video tape also features Sayid Obama who was interviewed by WND.

To date, Obama and his campaign have refused to disclose the name of the doctor delivering the candidate or the precise hospital where he was born.

The main reason doubts persist regarding Obama's birth certificate is this question: If an original Hawaii-doctor-generated and Hawaii-hospital-released Obama birth certificate exists, why wouldn't the senator and his campaign simply order the document released and end the controversy?

That Obama has not ordered Hawaii officials to release the document leaves doubts as to whether an authentic Hawaii birth certificate exists for Obama.

Rather, the failure to release the document fuels the theory – true or not – that the Obama family, shortly after Obama's birth overseas, returned to Hawaii and registered at the Hawaii Department of Health the original Obama birth certificate that had been issued by the doctor and hospital that delivered Obama in Kenya.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: FINALLY! Reply with quote

Is this Obama's real birth certificate?
Newly released document could solve mystery of Democrat's citizenship

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News! The SCOTUS has said that Obama must respond to the birth certificate issue by December 1st! Very Happy
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
News! The SCOTUS has said that Obama must respond to the birth certificate issue by December 1st! Very Happy

Zin, as you didn't provide a link, I'm assuming you're referring to the following WND story...

Quote:
Will Supreme Court have say in presidency?
Schedule includes campaign response to questions on Obama birthplace
November 04, 2008

<snip>

In a statement today, Berg said he was told by a clerk for Souter that his application for an injunction to stay the election was denied. But he also said the defendants "are required to respond to the Writ of Certiorari" by Dec. 1.

World Net Daily - cont'd

Pardon my skepticism, but "told by a clerk" is a bit thin to hang one's hat on. I assume SCOTUS "schedules" and rulings are officially posted and accessible somewhere, no?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came over the radio as a news item. I didn't see it on the web.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh...I see Zin. Thanks for the heads-up.

Well, answering my own question, there appear to be 2 "dockets" related to the case at the SCOTUS website...one a "petition" (the "Writ of Certiorari" referred to) and another an "application" for injunction (which was denied).

It is probably noteworthy that the FEC is named as a party (respondent?) to the petition and is being represented by the Solicitor General.

One thing appears certain...the case has not died.

That has exhausted my legal expertise on the subject pending further education from the Google School of Law.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only guess at the utter chaos that will occur if Obama turns out not to be the real deal. I can almost hear the Democrats caterwauling now, as I think this would have to go to the SCOTUS for a resolution, since the election is over. Would McCain get the nod, since he ran against an unqualified candidate? This could very well be a humongous can of worms. Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...adding grist to the mill, they need to get it resolved before Obama appoints a new SCOTUS Justice, and THAT Justice gets to rule on the case.... Shocked
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from a Forbes.com article apparently written prior to this SCOTUS development.

Read the comments following. I don't have my arms around this issue but it may, indeed, have legs.
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCOTUS activities can be followed Here:

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where this will go, but interesting twist,

Vice presidential Candidate filing lawsuit against Obama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: