SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Media against Swift Vets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not matter one whit what the leftist media throws out there.

Truth is truth.

They're attacking the people, they're attacking the funding, they're attacking everything but the truth.

Let them prattle on. Their ratings are in freefall and more people are choosing the internet for news every day.

The best efforts of the leftist press have not damaged the Swifts' truth in any way.

You think it's zinging right past people that the Kerry Kampf has done everything it can think of to suppress them and threaten them? That is NOT going down well out here in the real America.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might as well get used to the MSM because they are going to continue to be what they are, biased to the left. What we have done is triangulate on the worst thing that Kerry did, the April 22, 1971 Senate testimony. We are winning the biggest on that count. (Let's don't let them nickel and dime us to death on the medals). Even John McCain agrees that the Senate testimony is fair game and open to challenge. None of the MSM can deny us the fact that Kerry did (geez, we have him on tape in his own haughty, holier than thou Bosten Brahmin accent). We will finish him off on that. The vast majority of Americans detest a rat, traitor. Even though people say he did not claim to witness the litany of atrocities he testified to, HE WAS THE REPRESENTATIVE, THE MOUTHPIECE. Evidently he believed the Winter Soldiers (many later proven to be frauds). Kerry will lose (and rightfully so) on the Senate Testimony. It is his Waterloo.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been skimming the posts on this thread and maybe it's time for a political reality check.

1. August is known as dog days because Washington shuts down and news is scarce. The SBVFT showed a lot savy in their timing because there was really no other story to bury them with. The MSM HAD to deal with them. This also built a head of steam going into the Republican Convention.

2. Bad news is that the medal and service story has about run it's course; it was great but the general public attention span on this is about over. Good news is that the 1971 testimony still has legs and may have a longer life span as it has a bearing on Kerry's public service record and his stand on issues. Issues are what the general public wants in the after Labor Day stretch to the election.

3. Kerry is weak on issues and his Senate record is pretty much just being an empty suit. This is why he was highlighting his service record and that strategy has been seriously hurt if not fatally by SBVFT. He is now forced to play the game Bush was prepared to play and is at a disadvantage.

4. I feel that Bush will win and when we look back to what was the pivotal moment, it will be the SBVFT ads. You cannot expect this one issue to carry the election, only a war or the economy can do that, but it has blown Kerry's strategy out the window.

Again, it is not over, the anti-war stuff has to keep being hammered but the sign that you know you're winning is when the opposition is responding to you instead of vice-versa.

Last edited by scotty61 on Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherrysHeart wrote:
What has bothered me the most today (I've had news on all day) is that the media is letting Kerry's people say that the charges against him have been proven to be lies, and the media people are just letting get away with it without calling them on it. Why aren't they asking these people to back up their claims? By remaining silent when such things are said, it makes it seem that they (those saying the SwiftVets charges are false) are right. What's with the media people? What can be done to change this?

edit to add: I say "Kerry's people" because the people I've seen today saying the SwiftVets are wrong just happen to be Kerry supporters)

This is exactly what I am sensing too, why I wrote the topic, nothing O'Neill has done has been as mistake, and so far everything has been done EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. But when I read all the topics be discussed today....I thought it was appropriate to warn about the long race ahead....and that the media has the experience and willfulness to kill a story. If not for the Internet and Bloggers and this sit, this story would have been long since dead.

The Journals and the rest of his records must be released....that IMHO should be this week's Mantra
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some MSM outlets starting to come around. The Sun Time, The Washington Times, And a few others. Fox is still on the Swift vet story just not like it was because of the republican convention. The story will not go away and they will have to report it. The Sun Times story about the combat "V" is going to bite him the MSM is paying attention to that because even the Navy says it is incorrect. The new ad will stir up some attention too. So now it is not Kerry vs Swift vets it is him vs Swifties and the Navy. I am listening now to Drudge he has the Sun Times reporter on and he says he will keep digging, He is a veteran and is a little ticked about this Silver Star deal, Fox will run with it too, We always have Rush, Drudge and the rest of talk radio and the Internet. The MSM will cover it even kicking and screaming
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just know that I'm fed up and ready for blood now! Nice nice time is over and it's time to start kneeing folks in the nuts and putting this crap that nothing kerry's said has been disproven on the floor next to him. The Vets have been so much more civil than I ever could have been and proven their case over and over and over time and time and time again and STILL the media keep saying that they haven't proven anything, and they're more concerned about IF Bush backed them, than if what they're saying about kerry is actually true! Isn't there some way that from now on the SBVs can start addressing this serious media problem in each and every interview and outlining one after the other the things that they have concretely proven kerry has lied on? People believe something when they hear it enough which is how liberals like kerry sell their failed policies in the first place, and with the media constantly repeating the mantra that SNVT haven't disproven anything kerry said, people will start believing it! Maybe I'm just seriously PO'd after several hours of media crap today, but I'm DYING for someone to get loud and get in people's face on TV and just flat out tell them they're lying to the American people, and then line out one after the other the things that they have proven that kerry lied about, and the media has just refused to report it. It needs to be done, and when you're in a bar fight, which is what this is, the nice guy doesn't always win. There is no such thing as a fair fight. Evil or Very Mad
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low, that's true, there are those you cited thankfully. I'm just ready for someone on TV speaking for SBVT to start getting loud and flat out calling someone a liar right there on live tv when they say that nothing kerry said has been proven fales. Call them a liar to their face and then immediately line out the facts that prove they, and kerry are lying. It's probably just me. I'm no diplomat God knows. And times like this I don't want to play nice nice. I want to cut the s**t and get down to the bottom line and put an end to all the patty cake media games. I'm fed up, and I don't give a fuzzy rats *** if some kerry lap dog is insulted that they're being called a flat out patent liar! Tough! Stop lying and they won't have that problem then! Evil or Very Mad
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is out to get Bush to denounce the ads to save him, To come to his rescue. Bush will not do it but will take the high ground. Bush knows the ads are killing Kerry and he is not about to stop them he is just trying to appear above the frey because he has to. The Swifties will continue anyway even if he did condemn them it is not about Bush it is about Kerry being a slime ball traitor and nothing to do with Bush
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
CherrysHeart wrote:
What has bothered me the most today (I've had news on all day) is that the media is letting Kerry's people say that the charges against him have been proven to be lies, and the media people are just letting get away with it without calling them on it. Why aren't they asking these people to back up their claims? By remaining silent when such things are said, it makes it seem that they (those saying the SwiftVets charges are false) are right. What's with the media people? What can be done to change this?

edit to add: I say "Kerry's people" because the people I've seen today saying the SwiftVets are wrong just happen to be Kerry supporters)

This is exactly what I am sensing too, why I wrote the topic, nothing O'Neill has done has been as mistake, and so far everything has been done EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. But when I read all the topics be discussed today....I thought it was appropriate to warn about the long race ahead....and that the media has the experience and willfulness to kill a story. If not for the Internet and Bloggers and this sit, this story would have been long since dead.

The Journals and the rest of his records must be released....that IMHO should be this week's Mantra

You have a valid point, but don't forget the tremendous influence of the Internet. Think about this one thing when you feel low on this issue: If not for the Internet bloggers, this story would have long ago been discredited and relegated to the files of " we shut that down" that the mainstream media has done for decades. I'm telling you, this is not going away and it matters not what the MSM puts out or tries to exclude. There are people who can make a tremendous impact who are working on this and they will not stop. With that if nothing else, this will reach a culmination in one fashion or another.

I do not believe John O'Neill and the rest of the Swift Boat Veterans were ingnorant of all that may be thrown at them and the ensuing media coverup that was likely. O'Neill himself has shown himself to be far more astute than that. This is not going away.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get bummed out on the weekends because all you have are the Sunday morning religious programs for the left, like This Week, Meet the Press etc.

Smoking gun? How is it that Kerry is the only person in the history of the Navy to receive a V with a Silver Star? They don't give them yet he has one. That's Kerry v The Navy. HELLO?

He has stars he isn't qualified for. The Records do NOT support Kerry.

Our team takes the field again tomorrow.

Keep your powder dry.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this one is gonna bite him, He will not be able to send his cronies out forever, And if he does he will just keep loosing face. Hell Kerry's own daughters were booed at MTV tonight and Bush's daughters did not get booed. It is working
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raven"]
integritycounts wrote:

I do not believe John O'Neill and the rest of the Swift Boat Veterans were ingnorant of all that may be thrown at them and the ensuing media coverup that was likely. O'Neill himself has shown himself to be far more astute than that. This is not going away.

I think that the SBVT took a stand for what they believe in. (based entirely on absolutely no knowledge of them Wink ) I am sure they were aware that not only their story but their credibility would be questioned at every turn. Yet they chose to step forward. Why? Because they felt it was worth it to share the information. The truth in the long run, will come out.

Even if it doesn't. The media may be blasting the SBVT, but "Average Joe American" is swaying in the polls. Since the advertising began, Kerry has lost poll standing. The continued presence of groups such as SBVT will at least get people to stop and think. The madder the media gets, the more they try to discount it, the more people will think about it.

I know for me. When someone says something like "Kerry served admirably" I immediately share with them Unfit for Command. Amazingly enough, with the power of the internet. The free chapter of Unfit for Command from one of the blog sites and that wonderful forward button, their words are moving through the public. The media is powerful yes, but are they more powerful than the movement of the masses through the internet?

I don't think so! I know many who now take a different view than they did a month ago. I carry the book with me. When someone makes an inane comment of his honorable service, I hand them the book and simply say "Let me know if you feel the same way *AFTER* you have read this"

There is power in information. Keep it coming. If it wasn't threatening.... if it wasn't truth..... the "liberals" wouldn't be trying so hard to quiet it down. Don't let them!
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theflickster wrote:

There is power in information. Keep it coming. If it wasn't threatening.... if it wasn't truth..... the "liberals" wouldn't be trying so hard to quiet it down. Don't let them!

Indeed. And that is all this is about. I heard Peter Beinart (New Republic) screaming about how the Swifts' efforts should be derailed. He went on to admit how effective the Swifts' ads were and how they should be shut down. Just another example of the utter panic by the Kerry campaign/supporters because of the Swifts' efforts.

Expect to see a continual onslaught by the mainstream media regarding everything about the Swift Boat Veterans. If one fails to understand that reality, it's going to be difficult to watch all of this. In the end, not only Kerry, but I'd wager that at least one person on that Kerry campaign platform knows firmly that Kerry is lying.

The truth will come out. And the efforts of not only the Swifts, but the Internet bloggers will mandate that this is covered and not shut down. Doesn't matter if the Bush campaign issues statements to stop the Swifts' ads. The Swifts' are not owned by the Bush campaign, nor by anyone else. It is their truth, they lived it and let the truth be told.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sounds like a pity party.Did you not know MSM was againist us.Do you guys think they were gonna wise up and uncover their man for was he is.
Get over it and redouble your efforts .They were dragged kicking and screaming to cover this and of course.They are saying ,ok now that thats taken care of lets go back to news as usual.
It was us (by that I mean everyone whom puts theirself on the swifts side) that fought hard to get any play at all out of the msm.Now we have to take it to them.Hold them to what they are doing.If we can see right though thier ploy to bury this then I bet others can also.
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.
cedarford
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people that have lead this Swift Boat effort have been brilliant. I expect there are more arrows in their quivers.

There is a bit of a lull, a Vet obsession with what to the general public is unfathomable minutea, and a partially effective MSM and Democrat counterattack.

1. A lull, but the damage to Kerry's War Hero reputation and credibility is still sinking in. Hopefully the leaders of this will have the intelligence to pick their moment - not the Rep Convention time - but afterwards with the 2nd Phase.

2. While Vets opposing Kerry are very sincere, some of the things they hammer on are utter gibberish to the general public: "Release SF 180!!" "The 'V", the 'V'!!!" It would be better to communicate with the public that Kerry is the only Presidential candidate in two decades that has not made full disclosure - and you seek his authorized release of his academic, medical, and military records. Also, many Vets here come across as rabid Right-Wing "pro Bush all the way" Republicans. It would be good to have some Vets that are moderates or even regular Dems that have real problems voting for Bush write their newspapers, post here, or get some TV time to say despite not being a Bush partisan, they have real issues with Kerry's actions and credibility. O'Neill does this effectively, emphasizing his moderate politics and voting for Dems & Reps, but I wish there were more patriotic Vets produced who were moderate or Left-leaning willing to speak out against what they know are Kerry lies. But for them, and for most of us, there are critical problems overseas and domestically that are of great concern - and for those Democrat Vets - many are convinced Bush has done a horrible job and foreign and domestic concerns trump their revulsion at Kerry.

3. The person who opened this thread was perceptive in that whenever the press tries to present something as "how we should have covered it" , they are signalling and trying to get the public to believe the story is over and they are doing an honest post-mortem. They are now trying to go into "story burial mode", hoping the public will tire of the Swifties. The Dems have been good at publicizing "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Connections", and at diverting focus to this financier or that lawyer. The charge that the SwiftVets lack documentation, but Kerry has The Official Navy Records backing him, is effective with some members of the public. Also, many of the charges have Vets on both sides saying different things and making it a "he said, but he said differently" situation and the Dems are trying and partially succeeding in making the public think this is another political mess that will never be sorted out, so it's time to move on. The Dems are also effective in saying that it is time to move on to the critical issues that have stopped being discussed with the Swift Boat debate from the past dominating - like health care, outsourcing jobs, oil prices, how America can get more allies and be respected again, etc. - and the public definitely believes there are plenty of important issues that affect them that need to be talked about.

I expect that Kerry will continue to be a self-righteous jerk and mishandle this controversy all the way 'till election, though. And, I expect the next Swifty broadside will be Kerry's antiwar phase, his betrayal of POW families, his FBI-smoked out lies about his attending the Congressional assassination plot meetings. It would be great if the SBVT gets a "smoking gun" document or two for well-timed release. It would be fabulous if they ally with some reputable non-partisan groups like League of Women Voters and demand Kerry release his medical, military, and school records for experts and media to review, as Bush and all previous Prez candidates have done for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: