SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$6.7 Million from 53,000+ donors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
Swift Boat Veterans Join Forces with POWs
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth announced today they are joining forces with a group of American prisoners of war who were held captive by the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. The merger coincides with a new $1.4 million television ad campaign released by the new group Swift Vets/POWs For Truth.

"We welcome the POWs to this battle on behalf of truth, the real truth of who John Kerry is and how he betrayed his fellow veterans. His visits to Paris to meet with the enemy – and his subsequent public endorsement of their so-called 'peace plan' -- only served to encourage our enemies and prolong the captivity of our POWs," said Admiral Roy Hoffmann, founder of Swift Vets and POWs for Truth.

"For John Kerry to now claim that his activities were part of an effort to help solve the POW problem is absolutely ludicrous. Kerry encouraged the North Vietnamese to keep us in captivity longer which meant more torture, more lost years (there was no slave labor) and, sadly, more death," said Vietnam POW Ken Cordier who was held captive for six years and three months and was awarded two Silver Stars, a Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart among other decorations.

The new ad will air in three states as well as on national cable and is the most expensive media buy the group has made to date.

Swift Boat Veteran on Cover of Time Magazine
Swift Boat Veteran Steve Gardner made the cover of Time Magazine's September 27 issue. He was featured as part of a story covering the election battle for the truth about the candidates.

Gardner who served in Vietnam on a Swift Boat with John Kerry, has contradicted Kerry's claims about the infamous "sampan" incident. Gardner maintains that Kerry lied about the incident in his official report and has recently spoke out about what really happened.

According to the Time article, "Only 29% of voters in last week's New York Times/CBS poll think Kerry is telling the entire truth about his Vietnam service."

Progress Update Americans continue to come on board with the SwiftVets

To date, 63,200 donors have given $4,307,342 online. The average online donation is $68.15.

Thanks for your continued support!

God bless Our Troops!

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Estridge, a make me punk liberal, says the only 527 making a difference are the SwiftVet ads. Look at the one with the POW wife's, it's is all impact. I’m selling my chop saw this weekend so I can send another $100.
SwiftVet ads are making a difference, and money is what is needed to sink Kerry. I don’t think Kerry is an intrinsically evil man, BUT his policies, his decision processing, his self-absorption is.
We have 34 days to go!
Moderator - correct me if I’m wrong.
Donations sent the last 7-14 days will have marginal usage or impact on the campaign.
Donations sent during the last week will have ZERO impact on the campaign.
Please donate within your means now!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: