SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcel wrote:
All he took out of his pocket was a BLACK PEN.. As shown in the photo linked earlier. Whoop-de-freakin-doo. This is not a winning issue, so lets just drop it.

no one is forcing anyone to come to take part in this investigation. Those who want to keep checking on it should.... if you don't care, that's ok too. There are other topics to read and post at.

keep checking on the tape, I'd like to know if the pulling out the 'pen' is later in the debate. Cool
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Thanks again to everyone supporting the effort.

We have determined that Fox was the source for the live feed to the networks. Fox probably had several cameras at several angles and the still shot came from a different camera angle than what was actually shown live to us watching the debate on Fox.

We already have confirmation from azpatiot that his fox tape of the debate shows Kerry taking that black pen out later in the debate. It is very important to have at least a second or third confirmation of this.

I need anyone who has a video copy of the debate shown 'live' on fox to please check as soon as you can to see if you can find the exact time when Kerry reaches into his pocket for the second time to take out that black pen.

None of the other 'versions' shown by other networks or on the internet are important anymore. Just the fox version. I am going to call around and see if I can find family or friends who might have taped the debate on Fox.

You all are wonderful, thank you.
Kimberly
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Debate in Miami Reply with quote

http://www.miami.edu/debate04/download.html

I'm unable to open downloadable pages at work.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the library Kimberly?
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Did you check the library Kimberly?

No Hanna, I haven't been able to get out. I am going to try and download from the Miami U. site as suggested in the post above, but I have such a lousey computer, that I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I've got to find another copy from fox in order to go any further with this. To be honest, I am becoming doubtful of any success at this point. I am also concerned for tomorrow night's debate. If it does not go well for Bush, in light of all these new things coming out, I just don't know. Bush's speech yesterday was unbelievably awesome. I know that the dems are mass mailing to try to affect the win/lose polls. The more I read, the more I realize that a lot of these people who are supporting Kerry will absolutely stop at nothing. The attacks on the rep offices, theft of computers, lies. Heck it upsets me just the way they are condescending and sarcastic towards our President. I don't remember it ever being like this, ever. Anyway, I'm off topic, but feeling a little worried. I'll go try to download that footage. Sorry for the crapy mood. Hope your day is going well!

Kimberly
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberly,

I have a pretty good tape, off Fox. VHS at SP speed on a medium grade tape, made on a good VCR, source = Direct TV. Kerry does definitely take something out of his pocket right there at the beginning, but although I don't "see" a "pen" at that point, I also don't think it is conclusive. Bush appears to be messing with a pen in his hand after he gets to his podium, maybe writes something down. Kerry puts his object up on his podium & messes with it, too, but, again, what I see is not conclusive. I tried stepping through it single-frame, but that doesn't help much. The tape is pretty clear, but it's just not zoomed in quite enough. Too bad it's not HDTV!

I was kinda wanting to watch the whole thing again, plus some stuff on the oil for food, er, missiles scandal I'd taped afterward. But if you really want to view it, I could send it to you as long as I'd get it back. (My other VCR is down, so I can't make a dub for myself.)
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Thanks for replying! Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for replying to my request.

We have a tape of the fox version that shows Kerry reaching into his pocket a second time, sometime AFTER he pulls out the paper in the beginning, I just don't know exactly when it happened, but I know he saw it.

I don't think it will be necessary for you to mail me your tape unless you can find the same thing on yours. I'm just looking for another tape that shows Kerry 'cheating', if you will, that second time. We have one person with a fox tape that shows this, but I thought, since the whole incident had become sort of a joke on tv, that I might need two tapes as 'evidence', and maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, time is of the essence and it may already be too late as it seems interest has wained on this issue, but I would really appreciate you checking your tape for me. I still have one other person who may be checking as well.

Thank you so much for helping me out.

Kimberly
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for replying! Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
it seems interest has wained on this issue

Kimberly

I just noticed that this thread has had nearly 20,000 views!

Something doesn't seem right about that number....it can't possibly be just members of this site, could it? Or do we have thousands of trolls?

Can someone who's been around longer than me explain?

Kimberly
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Dr. Phil interview with Kerry, he said something which made me think of pocketgate. He said his daughter came home from school and someone had told her about the birds and the bees. He said he pulled a piece of cardboard out of his shirt pocket and began immediately drawing diagrams. I'm assuming he meant an index card which makes me think he keeps one there for notes and such and that it was probably exactly what he pulled out of his pocket (this one had notes already on it though.)
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
On the Dr. Phil interview with Kerry, he said something which made me think of pocketgate. He said his daughter came home from school and someone had told her about the birds and the bees. He said he pulled a piece of cardboard out of his shirt pocket and began immediately drawing diagrams. I'm assuming he meant an index card which makes me think he keeps one there for notes and such and that it was probably exactly what he pulled out of his pocket (this one had notes already on it though.)

I believe that someone here or perhaps in a pm to me said that they had reviewed some of his other campaign speeches and that he routinely pulls out his notes like that prior to beginning his speech. Not something I had ever noticed and did not notice in the debate until seeing the opening spot replayed so many times on fox.

For anyone who is wondering, I have no updates or replies yet .

Kimberly
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberly,

I am out of town today -- will check the tape tomorrow when I get back in.
What you are looking for is about 40 minutes into the debate, right? (My VCR has a real time counter, so that will help me know where to look.)
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for replying! Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
kimberly wrote:
it seems interest has wained on this issue

Kimberly

I just noticed that this thread has had nearly 20,000 views!

Something doesn't seem right about that number....it can't possibly be just members of this site, could it? Or do we have thousands of trolls?

Can someone who's been around longer than me explain?

Kimberly

Kimberly,
Since you were the first one to bring the situation to light (that I know of), I think this thread was linked to by quite a few other blogger sites!! That and of course the interest of those here at SwiftVets.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Kimberly,

I am out of town today -- will check the tape tomorrow when I get back in.
What you are looking for is about 40 minutes into the debate, right? (My VCR has a real time counter, so that will help me know where to look.)

Paul, It is hard to say what time it happens, so, it has to be sometime after he first retrieves that white piece of paper. He is shown reaching into his pocket a second time, sometime after. Yes, I have said around the 40 minute mark, but I can't be sure and would hate to be so specific as to cause you to miss it.

Thank you so much for checking!

Kimberly
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly, sorry it has taken me so long but I have finally reviewed the entire tape of the 1st debate I made, watching FOX. At no time do I see Kerry take a pen out of his pocket. At no time do I see Kerry use any pen but the white Bic provided. As I've posted before, I do see him take a white paper out of his pocket at the very beginning, when he walks to the lectern, then he puts it down on the lectern and unfolds it. He picks up the pen that is already there on the lectern, uncaps it and appears to mark something off and that is the same pen he uses throughout. That is what I see. If you want to PM me with your snail mail address, I'll be glad to mail you the tape.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend plays with photoshop. Not authentic, but real---

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: