SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVPT Debate Topic - Plz post ALL comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late, but here's the additional $50 I promised to donate last night after W kicked butt.

I think Bush did very well, and I think with a perfect performance he could have delivered a couple of more major body blows and been the undisputed victor. I thought Kerry was on his heels and could have been knocked out at the three-quarters mark.

Bush should have hit him much harder on his anti-military and anti-intelligence Senate votes after the first Trade Center attack, and Bush should have pressed Kerry on his "global test" requirement for pre-emptive action. Kerry is furiously backtracking (flip-flopping) from that truth he allowed to slip out of his mouth just one week ago in the first debate, because he knows it exposed his true colors as a weak, U.N. supporting, anti-war appeaser of terrorism.

In light of the food-for-oil U.N. scandal that also was exposed in this week's "no WMD's report," Bush should have nailed Kerry to the wall on his global test and should have faced the camera and reiterated his pledge to the American people that he, as Commander-in-Chief, will always make the tough final decision to send American troops into harm's way, that he will always work hard to bring all our allies along, but that he will never seek their permission to defend this country.

Hindsight is 20-20, but I sure wish W could have taken advantage of a couple of more perfect set-ups Kerry gave him. Kerry was on the ropes, reeling and could have been knocked out.

But overall W did great, and I think the American people are finally beginning to see through the facade of Kerry's phony showmanship and lack of substance, no thanks to the MSM.

C'mon swiftees - take no prisoners - the next three weeks is a fight to the finish! Here's my additional fifty to help the cause a little, and I'll be there with you as much as I can 'til DK-Day (Defeat Kerry Day - November 2nd)
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC wrote:
Quote:
Colmes and Estrich -- a genetic nightmare.

Deleted by Admin. Let's keep the discussion on topic about the debate, please Wink

But finnaly it was all making sense!

Last edited by Uisguex Jack on Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hleone wrote:

Hindsight is 20-20, but I sure wish W could have taken advantage of a couple of more perfect set-ups Kerry gave him. Kerry was on the ropes, reeling and could have been knocked out.

But overall W did great, and I think the American people are finally beginning to see through the facade of Kerry's phony showmanship and lack of substance, no thanks to the MSM.

Yep, W did great. If he had done that well the first debate (along with Cheney's fine performance), the race would already be effectively over.

Last night's debate (both sides) was much better than any of the Bush-Gore debates.

Last night there were a few fortuitous questions. Perhaps the moderator was biased (or not), but some pretty difficult-for-Kerry questions were asked.

The moderator's job was to take MANY submitted questions, and edit/select the ones to use. If we for a moment assume the moderator was significantly biased, one might guess there were MANY more damaging questions left in the slush pile, if this set of questions was allowed in. I didn't notice many softballs.

It was amusing that the moderator couldn't interject followup questions and steer the debate. Once the thing got rolling, was a high-energy slug-fest (GRIN). Toss some meat into the shark tank, and get the heck out of the way!

Last night Dem talking heads were already complaining that Bush was too animated and emotional, wheras after the first debate they were gloating that Bush was not animated enough. Can't win, or what?

One missed opportunity-- During the draft question, wish Bush had asked how Kerry will be able to add 40,000 troops without instituting a draft.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last night Dem talking heads were already complaining that Bush was too animated and emotional

I've noticed one of the official 'Dem Talking Points' seems to be that Bush was yelling, yelling at the audience and at Gibson? I've heard this from callers in to CSPAN and from offical 'Spin Doctors'.

To say Bush was yelling last night is allmost as big a stretch as saying Kerry won the Debate hands down.

I predict yet another Kerry Campaign shake up. Who gets Lockharts job? Chirac?

Last edited by Uisguex Jack on Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught an interesting and revealing poll this morning that I think says a lot...

On Fox and Friends they did a short segment where they went outside for a "man-in-the-street" interview. It was not a large crowd, but every single person was an enthusiastic Bush supporter. The interviewer asked the air if anyone thought Kerry won the debate and there was not a peep.

Return to the studio and take two calls. Both said Bush won hands down. No pro-Kerry calls.

So, to be Fair and Balanced, they read one letter from someone who wrote one of those stilted letters (you know, the ones that sound like they had been written by Terry McAuliffe) that said Kerry won.

How 'bout that, sports fans!!??
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Domestic Issue.........Jobs:

You'll keep hearing both sides boaster about how many jobs were lost, or gained in the past 4 years, but you'll rarely hear the TRUTH about these numbers.

I am wondering where Kerry came up with the numbers of 'lost' jobs compaired to Bush's gained jobs... any NON-biased web sited out there with real numbers?
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hleone wrote:
I'm late, but here's the additional $50 I promised to donate last night after W kicked butt.

I think Bush did very well, and I think with a perfect performance he could have delivered a couple of more major body blows and been the undisputed victor. I thought Kerry was on his heels and could have been knocked out at the three-quarters mark.

Bush should have hit him much harder on his anti-military and anti-intelligence Senate votes after the first Trade Center attack, and Bush should have pressed Kerry on his "global test" requirement for pre-emptive action. Kerry is furiously backtracking (flip-flopping) from that truth he allowed to slip out of his mouth just one week ago in the first debate, because he knows it exposed his true colors as a weak, U.N. supporting, anti-war appeaser of terrorism.

In light of the food-for-oil U.N. scandal that also was exposed in this week's "no WMD's report," Bush should have nailed Kerry to the wall on his global test and should have faced the camera and reiterated his pledge to the American people that he, as Commander-in-Chief, will always make the tough final decision to send American troops into harm's way, that he will always work hard to bring all our allies along, but that he will never seek their permission to defend this country.

C'mon swiftees - take no prisoners - the next three weeks is a fight to the finish! Here's my additional fifty to help the cause a little, and I'll be there with you as much as I can 'til DK-Day (Defeat Kerry Day - November 2nd)

I still think IMO that Bush is saving the best for last (hoping anyway)..... He's NOT a politition, he's NOT a PR person... he's just a guy that tried to take care of the normal population/people/family/friend...... He's a person that is as normal as you and me...

That's my impression anyway...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about kerry's PLAN ??

why doesn't kerry tell people what his plan is ?

i believe i am tired of hearing about a plan with out any substance to back it up

we know kerry had a plan to go into politics and follow in the real jfk's footsteps

we know that kerry had a plan to get out of vietnam before he even went there and had a plan to get out of there after he got there

kerry reminds me of klinger ,,he had a plan too to get our of the korean war

i wonder if they are related ?? Wink
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
facade

Think it will be possible to kick FRENCH out of our English?!?

Of course, after 5 or 10 years, we could be best buddies... who knows.... as long as we all believe in freedom...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we know that kerry had a plan to get out of vietnam before he even went there and had a plan to get out of there after he got there

PROVE IT

That's what they would say... the same thing we ask them to do, although they make no effort to.... they act like facts are never there....

We all know (at least at this site, and maybe a few other blogs) what you are saying..... my point is... we (actually you since I have almost no pull here in Japan) must get this out to the public... and get past the MSM spin..... I know I'm not helping much, and I wish I could be out there on street corners... under overpasses... in flea markets... to educate the 'normal citizen'....

PLEASE get the word out (for me too....)... Help the US remain a true free country.... <ok...I'll stop babbling now>
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1745 for the Swifties! You guys rocked. I'm so proud to be part of this forum. ::tears::

Anyone who would like a free iron-on transfer please PM me your address asap as I will be trying to get them out today.

Running Total:
Me#1You#10 is in for $100
Nutso is in for $25
Dmackto is in for $25
Chance is in for $10
hleone is in for $50
minnie presley is in for $20
neverforget is in for $50
Ord is in for $25
ashter is in for $50
Beatrice1000 is in for $100
ondryland is in for $25
ILOVETHEUSA is in for $25
Tacan70UDN is in for $50
Rdtf is in for $25
Kmudd is in for $10
wirebiter is in for $25
Cheyenne is in for $50
my mom is in for $10
dmackto is in for $25
Endaar is in for $50
Steve Z is in for $50
ArmyMedicsMom is in for $25
Proud of my VietVet Dad! $250
Daniel J. Hutchison is in for $50
neverforget is in for $50 more
1AD is in for $50
my roommate is in for $10
LeeWaters is in for $50
Ord33 is in for $25
reconflyer is in for $25
2ndamendsis and Gary are in for $50
ProudDaughterofVet is in for $25
Jim NYC is in for $50
wwIIvetsdaughter is in for $25
I am in for $7 more "plan" dollars
Rdtf is in for another $50 because he loves Dubya
I'm in for another $3 because the system doesnt take 7's
pneal is in for $35 (i almost missed that one)
MissouriVeteransDaughter is in for $10
1AD is in for another $10 and gives up on his wife not finding out
stevie is in for $10 for bad Kerry hair
wednesdaychild is in for $10
Beatrice is in for $25 for ALL the fist/thumb point-jabs
Beatrice is in for $25 for ALL the times he stuck his tongue out
hleone is in for an additional $50 in celebration

Total $1745
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Quote:

the 'normal citizen'....

now I get it! Kerry had a PLAN to get out of the war (Vietnam) that's why he thinks Bush should have one also!!! for Iraq....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owe another $10 for Kerry mentioning his Vietnam time 1 time during last nights debate.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush won the debate by going after kerry's record. However, he needs to really pound on it next debate. His vote on the 1991 war, his vote on the marrage defense act, etc. We also could use an Oct. suprize, come on swiftys. Laughing
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen it mentioned yet. I thought that one of Bush's better and most effective come-backs last night was when he said, in effect:

"Look, the war on terror is not all about Usama bin Ladin. It's a global war..."

That effectively silenced Kerry for the rest of the debate on this bunk about Iraq distracting us from Kerry's view on the war on terror. Kerry's line and the lack of rebutal was getting dangerous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: