SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debatathon II - All Debate Comments HERE - PLZ!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: "I am a Catholic" Reply with quote

susanlprince wrote:

Who knows who John Kerry worships. His belief/deeds do not even reflect consistency in that department either. I just felt I had to comment on how easy it is for John Kerry to go unchallenged on a lot of what he says throughout this campaign.

I certainly don't know, but on PBS the other night they had a show about both candidates. In that how they showed a view panning kerry's office. I don't remember seeing a cross, or anything catholic.
Although, there was an 8 inch tall "happy Bhudda" statuette at what woud be his left arm, by the phone. Bhuddism is the predominant religion of Vietnam.

This proves nothing, just thought it was interesting.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like "susanlprince" is a Catholic disgusted with faux Catholic Kerry, as I am.

If people would only look into the records, they would find that Kerry's quoting of "faith without works is dead" plays straight into Bush's hands.

One of Bush's major accomplishments, which got watered down in the Senate due to Democrats (and Kerry) pandering to the ACLU, was the program to Federally fund "faith-based initiatives". Bush knows that people of faith (with God helping them) do a better job than secular government at charitable works, helping the poor, the homeless, the unemployed, and helping alcoholics and drug addicts to overcome their obsessions. That's called faith WITH works.

Jesus, when asked about paying taxes, once said to "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God". Bush has taken this one step further, using "Caesar's" money to give to God. A stroke of genius, until Bush got sidetracked by the necessary job of fighting terrorism.

Kerry says he is Catholic, but voted AGAINST banning partial-birth abortion, meaning that pulling a viable baby's head out of the wound and sucking its brains out is just OK with him. He tried to dodge this by saying that the bill didn't include an exception for the health of the mother. One problem though--the American Medical Association says that this particular procedure is NEVER medically necessary.

Kerry says he is Catholic, but claims that God created certain people to be homosexual. Except that Pope John Paul II called homosexual relations "intrinsically perverse". Does a perfect God create intrinsically perverse people? The Bible says that He created them male and female.

Kerry says he is Catholic, but he is divorced and re-married, and his first marriage was never annulled. According to Scripture, that's adultery! Kerry freely admitted that he "married up" (to Teresa's money) but never said he loved her, while Bush clearly said that it was "love at first sight" when he met Laura. What about that Scripture that says a man can't serve two masters, God and money? While Bush is also wealthy, he didn't marry Laura (a former school-teacher) for money, but for love.

Sincere Catholics have MANY reasons to vote against "Catholic" Kerry. If you want to get more active in rallying Catholics against Kerry, you might want to check out a website called "catholicsagainstkerry.com" I've heard that they're running lots of ads in Pennsylvania, a heavily Catholic swing state. I've also got one of their bumper stickers which reads "Vote Catholic--Not Kerry".
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another thread, wow, Lynnne Cheney sounds pretty P.O.'d, not that I blame her:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=100954#100954

Quote:
LYNNE CHENEY AT POST-DEBATE RALLY: "The only thing I could conclude is that this is not a good man. This is not a good man. And, of course, I'm speaking as a mom. And a pretty indignant one. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick."

(Reference to Kerry's comment on Cheney's daughter.)
Sandra C.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: The Evil Liar Reply with quote

"I respect nothing, and I mean nothing, Kerry says, nor will I ever. His eyes and face had the look of an evil snake when he started to talk about the Cheney's daughter. Other times, he just looked like an evil liar."

I like this comment, think it's extremely relevant because the last sentence said it all: He always looks like this because he's always lying!

Sometimes he looks slightly different but that's only because he's had a "botox" treatment!
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Just got throught reading this thread. Thanks again for the comments, insights, encouragement and fun. It has been uplifting to start the day (after morning chores) with you.

We missed the dabate and followup because we had to go the wake of one our daughter's classmates. We were leaving the funeral home as the debate was going on. Walking down the sidewalk with my wife we prayed out loud for the bereaved family and then that God would give President Bush the right words and jumble Kerry's mind or at least let his guard down enough to say something that would reveal his real charactor.

I see my answers in the respective responses "I listen" (as well as so many of his other answers) by President Bush and the "I married up" and diss of his wife and the "Mary Chaney" comments by Kerry. These glimpses of the real characters of these men will resonate.

Lynn Cheney fired the opening salvo this AM. Mothers and wives and daughters need to repeat the new mantra "Kerry is not a good man".

Last edited by homesteader on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry also used to claim he was Irish when he thought it would get him votes.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Lynn Cheney fired the opening salvo this AM. Mothers and wives and daughters need to repeat the new mantra "Kerry is not a good man".<<

I'm not a mother or a daughter or a sister, but I'll repeat it:

"Kerry is not a good man."
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry's lies about health care Reply with quote

I wrote in the Geedunk debate thread, and figured I would share it here. Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I can't read 500 post at the moment.

One thing that really stuck out to me, and I haven't seen any commments on was Kerry's convoluted claim:

Quote:
But more importantly, with respect to the question of no record, I helped write -- I did write -- I was one of the original authors of the early childhood health care and the expansion of health care that we did in the middle of the 1990s. And I'm very proud of that. So the President's wrong

BUT.....

Quote:
In June Of 1996 Campaign, Kerry Falsely Claimed He Had Introduced Legislation On Children’s Health Coverage. ‘“I introduced yesterday in the United States Senate a bill to give 10 million kids in the United States of America health care with a voluntary subsidy program.’ It was stirring campaign rhetoric, with just one problem: It wasn’t true. Kerry had not introduced a bill …” (Michael Grunwald, “Kerry Files Health Bill After 3-Month Delay,” The Boston Globe, 10/2/96)

More Than Three Months Later, Kerry “Finally Introduced A Bill After [The Boston] Globe Inquired About It,” And After Airing TV Spots Taking Credit For Plan. “Kerry finally introduced a bill after the Globe inquired about it. He had already aired television ads hailing his fight for a ‘new plan that provides health coverage for all of America’s children.’” (Michael Grunwald, “Kerry Files Health Bill After 3-Month Delay,” The Boston Globe, 10/2/96)

Kerry Filed Children’s Health Bill “Just A Month Before” Close Election, After Ted Kennedy “Stepped In” And “Helped Kerry” Write It. “Kerry’s legislative record left him vulnerable when [then-Governor William] Weld, the popular Republican governor, came calling for Kerry’s Senate seat in 1996. … As Election Day neared, some polls had Weld closing on his opponent. … Ted Kennedy, too, stepped in. The senior senator co-wrote legislation with Kerry to ensure that all children were covered by health insurance, a program to be financed by a cigarette tax. Kennedy’s staff helped Kerry draft the bill and gave it to him to file just a month before the election.” (John Aloysius Farrell, “At The Center Of Power, Seeking The Summit,” The Boston Globe, 6/21/03)

After Kerry Was Re-Elected In 1996, Kennedy “Did The Heavy Lifting” To Pass Children’s Health Insurance Bill. “At his victory party on election night, Kerry proclaimed, ‘We made this a race about health care for poor children, and when we finish, the Kerry-Kennedy health care bill for children will provide all children in America with health care!’ But with the election over, it was Kennedy who did the heavy lifting on the child insurance bill: finding a Republican cosponsor in Utah Senator Orrin Hatch; raising money to run ads to battle the tobacco lobby; and going to war with Republican Senate leaders and the Clinton White House, when necessary, to win passage of a $24 billion health care program for uninsured children.” (John Aloysius Farrell, “At The Center Of Power, Seeking The Summit,” The Boston Globe, 6/21/03)

In 2004, Kerry Tried To Claim Credit For Children’s Health Bill, But “Sources In Both Parties Say He Did Not Play A Significant Role In Passing The Final … Law.” KERRY: “We did child care, five million children have health insurance in this country.” ABC’s LINDA DOUGLASS: “Kerry did introduce an early bill but sources in both parties say he did not play a significant role in passing the final child health care law. Scholars who study the Congress say Kerry is not known for passing many laws.” (ABC’s “World News Tonight,” 1/30/04)

Found above at
http://www.georgewbush.com/HealthCare/read.aspx?ID=2608

Didn't see any reference to this matter in the post debate 'fact check'.

One thing I found very heartening was that the OIM seemed pretty depressed after the debate. That's a good thing.

Another chuckler was when Kerry stated that he was a Catholic, but disagreed with their views.

All in all, the outcome was better than the Sox-Yanks. Sad
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
Quote:
PLEDGES

reconflyer - random un-famous person by name - $5.00 (think Billy Bob) (a group of native americans gave him a blessing?)
reconflyer - WEALTHIEST - $0.25 (4x.25=1.00)
RMalloy - drugs from Canada - $2.00
RMalloy - MIDDLE CLASS - $2.00
RMalloy - 40,000 more troops - $5.00
shadowy - for every friendly country, class or religious group JK disses - $5.00
shadowy - for every non-friendly he appeases - $5.00
shadowy - if he disses the military - $20.00

Quote:

Cash Totals

Tacan70UDN $ 50.00
scot 250.00
Rdtf 25.00
jim_nyc 50.00
Nomorelies 50.00
CTW 250.00
1991932 120.00
richnlori2000 25.00
jerake 50.00
Daniel J. Hutchinson 50.00
oanakat 100.00
geo 20.00
frigatesailor 150.00
Dingbat 50.00
ashter 50.00
ord33 50.00
Melissa 50.00
Dmackto 10.00
hleone 50.00
fastrock 100.00
mckmz 25.00
Kathy Kay 50.00
jataylor11 100.00
Jack Mclaughlin 250.00
homesteader 50.00
ArmyMedicsMom 100.00

SubTotal: $ 2,100.00 ::insert bouncing green smiley face here::

We made 2,100!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about the Iowian sheriff who told him about the drug dealers AK47, or the wife who supports her husband when he comes out of the closet
sayoung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: religion Reply with quote

I deeply respect Bush for having the strength of character to state so explicitly how one cannot SEPERATE himself from his faith and his descisions in life. If you are a true believer, your faith is your foundation and everything else in your life, from policy to how you look at life stems from those basic tenets. Sure he is ridiculed by fools in the press and in Washington D.C. but he does not flinch , waver, or try to backtrack. Kerry is an empty soul, in need of redemption. He has spent his entire life trying to please himself. He has no core values other than might makes right, and his dour pessimistic attitude shows either a dislike for himself or a holier than thou approach. I was horrified by his remarks about Mary Cheney and so very,very sorry about his using her personal life for political gain and the heartwrenching pain it must have caused her. I believe he lost many votes with those thoughtless remarks. Whenever I pray for Bush to be kept safe and the American people to open their eyes, the words "my son " resound in my head. I truly feel that the Lord has his hand protectively over him and that when he speaks, Bush LISTENS. I feel also that Bush feels that if God wants him to win re-election, then he will see it done. I have noticed that the President rarely takes credit for the good that he has done, I seldom hear him toot his own horn. Even after Kerry tried to say that Bush had fallen down on the job for affirmative action, Bush had the grace to not point out that not only were three Blacks serving in Very high positions on his cabinet, but also there are a plethora of women and Hispanics. Faith without deeds is death, Kerry says, where are his? I have every faith in the "heart and soul" of America. We are not fooled by Kerry's empty rhetoric, culture of gloom, and false religion. GOD BLESS THE SWIFTIES for opening America's eyes to the REAL John Kerry
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does anybody know what Kerry's record was as a prosecutor? Who knows, the way he keeps bringing it up, there might be parallels to Vietnam.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry said they were hunting in Iowa when the sherrif pointed to a house that they had raided the week before. Why are they hunting near houses??? Its just common sense and courtesy to get away fgromt he houses when ya hunt
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like I needed a shower after listening to Kerry last night. What a slime bag bringing up Cheney's daughter. The best line was from Liz Edwards who accused Mrs. Cheney of being ashamed of her daughter...tsk tsk.

These people are Insane!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Don't forget about the Iowian sheriff who told him about the drug dealers AK47

That one ticked me off.. AK-47s were prohibited by executive order in 1989, using the federal firearm importation law [18 USC(d)(3)], five years prior to the enactment the Clinton "assault weapon" ban! The sunset of the Clinton gun ban does not in any way affect this previous executive decree. Kerry has no clue.. He throws around his "support" of the second ammendment with his hunting experiences... He must actually believe that the second ammendment has something to do with hunting... Sheesh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: