SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat, what a pleasant surprise. I hope you're well. I will drop in from time to time -- still extremely busy.

Anyone interested in my story, please click on the link in my signature below, then click on my photo. My only roots to the Navy are through my late father-in-law, who served on the USS Putnam, DD-257, in the Pacific during WWII (I think they called the ones who served right from her maiden voyage "plankholders"). As a kid who quit High School to join the Navy after Pearl Harbor, he performed a water rescue once while serving picket duty and a sister destroyer was sunk. He and a dozen other volunteers jumped into the burning fuel-oil covered sea and rescued over 100 survivors from the USS Twigs (think that was the one). They were all awarded medals, but not once did he ever boast of it.

...I'm Air Force ('69-'79), but I think the protocol is, "Permission to come aboard, Sirs".
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Navy DP1 Reply with quote

Greetings from Milwaukee, WI.....I served my country proudly onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), first as a precommissioning unit member then as a regular crewmember during her first med-cruise. Total Active duty between 84-91 and the rest Inactive until Dec '92. Loved every minute of it and if I didn't have a family I might have been a lifer.

I loved serving my country, loved being at sea even more, and loved aircraft carriers, floating cities at sea.

I proudly served under Ronald Reagan helping to realize his dream of a 600 ship Navy. It never materialzed, but he had the right ideas and knew where the priorities were at the time. I sure miss that commander-in-chief.

Let's re-elect George Bush!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mkj1953
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Permission to come aboard. Reply with quote

I’m retired Navy with 21+ years on active duty, a 3rd generation warrior, son of a WW II PT boat sailor, grandson of a Spanish American War Army Vet, and a WW I Sailor. I’m only glad that my Grandfathers and father are not around to see Kerry disgrace the uniform and the nation.

Once again, the men who served us so well with so little thanks, have stepped forward and willingly sacrificed their welfare for us. I only hope and pray that this time our nation stands up and supports them! Step up Vets support our true brothers and help America turn its back on Kerry and his vile dishonest message of hate.

Keep up the good work! I thank you for all you gave to us when you were young, my children thank you for all your are giving to them today.

I am honored, proud and respectfully request permission to come aboard
cedarford
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never in combat. Young enough to miss Vietnam, out of the Service by the Gulf War, though I got "treated" to floating off Iran for 10 months of Jimmah Carter's last year. I got some Navy bling-bling awards, more than most of my contemporaries, but I couldn't wait to get out.

I reject the Max Cleland "pecking order" which Max sometimes says - that those who were not in combat like: a engineroom supervisor on subs, facing the Russians in a tank brigade in Berlin, humping ordnance in a Georgia AF depot, or a Marine dental tech, a National Guard pilot - somehow served their country less than those who really served because they took fire or were at least in a "combat zone" where they could have taken fire. But I really dislike "fake" Vets or Vets who claim positions, feats, or medals they didn't earn to gain some societal prestige or advantage. Because better, unsung men paid in arduous efforts or in blood for things they deservedly earned in the military - and those that did equal feats that were never acknowledged.

I was honestly leaning towards voting Kerry's way, and would be leaning his way in the future if he could honestly dispell the doubts the SwiftVets have raised for me on his integrity and actions. I kept informed on Kerry's assertions and the Vets who opposed him, starting last June, trying to be objective and have an open mind. I was hoping it wasn't true, since I consider Dubya a miserable failure only concerned with his rich cronies.

I read Tour of Duty excepts in Atlantic Magazine, followed claims and counterclaims in newspapers and in blogs. I found this site in early July and read the posts.

I registered finally, above all, to say that I have decided from all I have read and heard, from my judgement as a Vet who understood how things worked in the military ------

That I have no doubt now that the SwiftVets have been far more truthful than Kerry.

I have a dilemma. I think Bush has been a disaster outside his 9/11 response. But I now believe Kerry is a deceitful louse. What does that leave? Nader?
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporting for duty - minus a silly salute Evil or Very Mad

Active duty 1/23/69 to 10/13/70.
12B20 Combat Engineer
39 Engineer Bn, RVN - APO 96325 -10/15/69 to 10/12/70
Initially I was assigned to the HHC S-2 section where I was entrusted with the battalion interpreters and Kit Carson Scout. The unofficial title of PFCIC for PSYOPS & Civil Affairs" Smile
Later was transferred to A Company. - My original Captain and I shared a mutual genuine regard, and when he was sent out to A Company, his replacement Rolling Eyes decided I should follow him - All three of us were pleased by that arrangement. Very Happy I went to a line platoon and did engineer things. Eventually my Captain REMF'ed me to the company motorpool since he said he wanted a literate PLL clerk.
I kept my personal score vs the VC even, and returned home with the standard crackerjack box souvenirs. No hits, continuous runs, no errors.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
GaryD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Add another Vet to Your Team Reply with quote

Basic Info:
Gary
USASA 66-70
Ft. Devans, Mass. 67
Turkey 68
Japan 69-70

Enough is enough is enough. Lying Weasels are finally getting trapped!!
Thank You Swift Boat Vets for the Courage, Integrity and Character to
forge ahead. Don't really know any Navel Terms, but "Full Speed Ahead and Damn the Torpedo's comes to mind.
If you think our Freedoms and Bill of Rights have already been abused, think real hard what will happen if J F(in) K gets elected. The 1st and 2nd are already under fire, but only for SOME, but not for THEM!!
BTW: Yesterday JFK had the nerve to tell the students at COOPER UNION College in NY that he will reclaim America's CHARACTER and INTEGRITY with the rest of the WORLD!!!! That is a HUGE INSULT to all of US!!!! And I RESENT it to the inth degree!
USASA and Proud of IT
Rusty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: reporting in Reply with quote

Glad someone is telling the TRUTH about us! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

USN 11/65 to11/68

USS Thor 2/66 to 3/67

USS Mt Serubachi 3/67 to 11/68

Boot -San Diego

ENG 3rd class (made 2nd but would not extend)

As well as coastal VN I had the honor of being in the area when the
israiles used the USS LIBERTY for target practice and our ships and planes
were not allowed to retaliate !

I have the greatest respect for our military, service men (and women),but our politicians have repeatedly let us down!!!!

I voted for Bush last time,but feel like he's let us down! He was a Great Gov,but as president he is not much I guess he got Washingtoninezd!
I'll vote for him again this time but only because ******** like kerry
oppose him
I'm registered as democrat because of local elections,but will register as
independent after the Nov. election because I cannot be in a party that has National leaders like kerry,kennedy and clintons!

Rusty
VaHokie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: New User Reply with quote

Hello,

A very distinquished group of veterans here. I humbly submit my bona fides which can no way compare but ask for your acceptance here. B Company 4th Engineering Bn, USMCR from April '71 to '75 in Roanoke, Va. I was a 1371 Combat Engineer and made LCpl. My father was a Marine recon in WW2 as a Marine rerservist and was active for the duration. My son is a Marine reservist with A Company, 4th Assault Amphibian Bn, Norfolk, Va. He's a LCpl and his unit is recently back from Iraq.

I support this organization morally and monetarily. John Kerry as Commander in Chief would not only be a travesty, but an affront to almost every veteran and I would fear for my son serving under him.

Wade Johnson
Bon Air, Va.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Great batch of newbies - thank you for joining us!

Swifts needs every pair of hands and every voice it can get - we appreciate you being here. Smile
raymond pistol
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C 1/5 Marine, Viet Nam eye corps area, 1967, mos 0311, grunt. L/cpl when rotated.
Also Camp Hansen, Okinawa and Camp HM Smith, Owahu.

zyzy
billvet6
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home!

Found this site a couple of days ago.
Bill C
SP5/E5
US Army Nov 68/Nov71
169th eng.bn May 69 to Dec 70
64B20 Drove lowboy tracktor trailer hauling dozers and all other heavy
equipment all over 3 corp.
We where building QL 20
Our company [B co. 169th EBC] was on the top of a hill that we flatened off on QL 20 near the 2 and 3 corp. border south of Da Lat

I can't help but think that Hanoi John and his bunch of malcontints where responsable for some of the greif I put up with at the San Fransisco air port on the way home.
for the spelling police,I know I can't spell. I don't care.

our mission: flush the 2 johns
thank you very much Very Happy
DarinB
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Request permission to come aboard... Reply with quote

Hello…
My name is Darin and I proudly served in the USN from ’89 to ’95; honorably discharged as an FC2.
I have a deep respect for all those who served in Vietnam, and I am disappointed that John Kerry has dredged the memory of that conflict and made it the centerpiece of his campaign. His attempt to gild his lackluster Senate record with visions of heroism in the face of fire is pathetic, and a disservice to all those who honestly served with honor and distinction.
Keep it up Swift vets – as painful as it may be to relive the past, we the people need to hear the story. This is not the America that you came back to after Vietnam; this is an America that is beginning to understand that that one of the true atrocities of Vietnam just might have been John Kerry and the rest of those who exploited that time for their own gain.
haggis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

W.L. 'Barney' Ogden--USN 68-74
USS FORRESTAL CVA 59 -- VA85

GLAD TO BE HERE!
Navy-DDG13-DRIFTY-1966
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: reporting for whatever Reply with quote

Breen MJ SA Boatswain
US Navy
USS Hoel DDG13
Vietnam 1966
Search Attack & Rescue station Gulf of Tonkin
Close in support and pilot recovery

This is one fight I don't want to miss,hope I'm not late.(rolling up sleeves)
************* There is no HONOR without HONESTY John!
AKtrapper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Glad I stumbled on to this site , I'm a old soldier , never made it to nam , joined in 72 right out of High School , Still remmber flying home from Ft Lenorwood from basic and running into protesters at the cinniati airport. that fall we wen't allowed to were our uniformes wile travaling. Not that it would of made any impression with nothing on my sleave anyway , well I did a few tours in alaska , colorado , texas and new jersy , held a few diffrent jobs , mostly Combat Medic 91b in leg and arttry units , little bit of recon work , taught the course a few years at Ft. Sam Houston. put in 14 years active and 6 reserve , got the military out of my system in 88.

Seeing Mr. Kerry on the news in those old hearing vids , just brings back all the bad feelings I had as a young private. He must be made to stand trial for the treason he preformed. and if as he says he is a war criminal then he must be tried and punished under the UCMJ as befitting his offenses.

I wish I was in poision to support you folks financialy , as I beleive your doing the country a service by bringing attention to the record he's running on .

have a great day

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 33 of 47

Jump to: