SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible major breakthrough on documents?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Major Breakthrough... Reply with quote

homesteader wrote:
How is all this now presented...

It's not likely the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media) will stoop to anything resembling evidence. Drudge, Hannity, Hugh Hewitt, Daryl Ancarlo, Glenn Beck, conservative newspapers, etc., might be possibilities. All the newspapers in my area are left leaning and need real blockbuster stuff if it's bad for the left. Anyone served by conservative newspapers should give it a try. The Fort Worth Star Telegram might mention it. Whatever is done, it needs to be short, clear and indisputable.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrelated, but I found this quote at http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/21/politics/campaign/21DISC.html?ex=1397880000&en=b748e22fe9e25775&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND, in which the Kerry campaign says that they don't have an after action report for the 1st Purple Heart...
Quote:
Mr. Meehan said no after-action report had been found for the first Purple Heart, awarded, according to the certificate, "for wounds received in action on Dec. 2, 1968." In lieu of that report, Mr. Meehan offered a "Sick Call Treatment Record" from Mr. Kerry's personal medical files with these handwritten notes from someone who treated to him on Dec. 3, 1968, at the naval support center at Cam Ranh Bay:

"Shrapnel in left arm above elbow. Shrapnel removed and appl bacitracin dressing. Ret to Duty."

I wonder why? Laughing
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can not wait for the OIM to pick it up. Their hand must be forced as it was on the CBS documents. An objective is to get it into the joke monologues of Leno and Letterman. It has to become axiomatic that Kerry wrote his own report card.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder why?

An After Action Report is only filed after an action (hence the confusing name), and if there is no action, no report is filed. This is normal and expected.

If there WAS enemy action, and after action report was REQUIRED. Since there is NO report, there was NO enemy action.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief - you have found something MAJOR, but how can this be distilled down to a statement of EVIDENCE that can be broadcast?
"COMNAVFORV", "Time of Receipt", etc. will just confuse reporters with no familarity with these terms. I think you have found evidence of fraud, but how can it be conveyed in a fashion that is easily understood?
No pressure of course. Wink

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be patient mon amis...

There are a couple of other pieces to the puzzle to which will be brought to light later in the week.

- Chief
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week?? WEEK?? Did you say WEEK???? Oh may Chief you are a terrible tease....terrible, absolutely terrible. Where is the rubber room??Smile))
yosemitesam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Original Documents May be In National Archives Reply with quote

Several years ago I helped a friend find after action reports from the two Special Forces camps her dad served in as a medic. I was really surprised to find the level of completeness of these records. There were monthly OPSUMs, various logs, Medical Reports, Fire Plans, Aerial Photos as well as photos of key team and local personnel. Has anyone gone to the Archives and tried to find the original documents? The Archieve is located about a mile Notrh West of the University of Maryland in College Park Maryland. Some Swiftee who knows what to look for can probably locate whatever is available with a two or three day advance phone call and an all day visit. Good hunting.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only have the National Archives been searched, by the Navy Archives in DC, and the Vietnam archives in Texas.

There are THOUSANDS of documents involved in this research effort, and hundreds of manhours by the SBVT and volunteers.

Not that ALL the stones have been turned over, but a LOT of them have been.

Much of the supporting documentation in UFC is out of the National Archives.
yosemitesam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Thanks cipher Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I have been off the forum for awhile and stumbled on the document post. Just wanted to be sure you guys had it covered.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a ton of stuff. Much of it is stored off-site. You can check the R&R section for details, or use the search engine and dig up the pdfs.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be NICE if a press release or if the talking heads could get ahold of this BEFORE the debates....that would be sweet....yeah....that would......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt vietnam is going to even come up in the debates, UNLESS Kerry messes up and says, "Back when I was in Vietnam...."

But I think his handlers are going to ensure he doesn't make that mistake. Once he opens that door, he's doomed, and he KNOWS it.

Better than anyone, I daresay.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No....I agree....but....it would be interesting to watch and see if it would add addtional beads of sweat and wear on the candidate for CIC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerry kamp (sp intentional) will say that KJW being immaterial proves that "Unfit for Command" lied, since, O'Neill stated the they were the initials for jFraudk. I love the way the Kerry site Top 10 Latest Lies From the “Swift Boat Vets For Bush” lists the "lie" and the source of the truth as "NYT, 8/20/04" without providing a link to the whole article to view the entire context and who is source of the quoted text. Never mind that the "truth" seems to have any relevance to the "lie." Reminds me of the Soviet disinformation tactic of placing and item in a western press and sighting it as the source of a truth. I digress.

Given that Thurlow does not admit to sending the after action report and that Kerry does admit, round about, to sending some, if not this one, how would you counter that TE was not a typo missing the C? Who ascertains that it was a TE and not the CTE who made out the report? What is the significance of the line following "Market Time":

1. (U) CTE 194.5.4.4

Have any of the individuals listed in the casualty list made any statements on these events?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: