SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let us all make a pact
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, now that I think about it while sober, I believe Mickey Moore is best left as he is. He becomes the perfect symbol of the failure of the leftist swine. What better symbol for the swine than a pig?

We leave them their titular head and pick the real players off one by one. Whether Kerry "wins" or loses this particular race, it is almost irrelevant to me. Either way my vow is that his career as a <cough> public servant is over.

But there are always openings for gigolos, I guess. Even over the hill ones like Kerry; so it's not as if I am depriving the man of his means of support.

Oh yeah, and PS. I am joking about the sober thing. Lately I feel so misunderestimatedstood.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alert -
ok - I can't find where it was posted last night, but that one of Bush flipping the bird just showed up in Drudge...
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where the "one fingered victory salute" can be found in MPEG or WMV format? My machine is "QuickTime challenged" and I don't really want to download the new version.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Just a thought Reply with quote

My old folks have a saying: " The spoken word is a garment for the soul. Only a fool clothes his beloved in lies and deciet."
Life is a matter of choices. Choose wisely and live well. Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otis wrote:
Just don't vote democrat.

I did my bit by voting against that knucklehead Rocket Scientist Patty Murray (I'm from Washington) but then I always vote against Patty Murray for the senate.

What about you folks that vote for/against Tom Dashiell?

I don't reside in Kerry's state.

This is all preaching to the choir isn't it?

You too, I voted against that Bi#ch, and so did my family...I hope and pray that the good lord has Bush, Rossi, Nethercut in the cards to win...

I dont know if you're inside King County, but did you or have you been following that "Critical Areas Ordinance" any....Another cheap shot of the democrats, taking from the people who work/ed for what they have and giving it to the slop who cant get off the a$$ and do something for themself.......
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: I think we're off to a good start Reply with quote

We have the makings of something big here. Long term. The mission goes far beyond merely getting rid of the likes of sKerry. We can rebuild America into a nation that speaks to the world in the language of freedom and dignity, which offers to all the opportunity to realize legitimate aspirations and raises HUMANITY up to be the diadem God intended for it to be.
We can take our own places amongst the ranks of our fore fathers and the founders of this nation whos dream was realized in the Constitution.
The question is a matter of "Who" we are as a people. Both as individuals and as a collective. ( I know that some of you may cringe at the use of the term "collective", but that is what we are. We are a coorperate entity, a single entity made up of many individual parts all working together toward a common goal)
Our military experience and our understanding of the principals of organization can stand us in good stead for our efforts. We, at least, know how to organize and to carry out a mission. That alone gives us an advantage over our opponents. We shouldn't get too hung up in the dismal philosophy of "Individualism" so loved by the Libertarians. No Libertarian ever made a good soldier, they can't and will not follow orders without continually questioning the legitimacy of the authority which issues the orders. Thus they are a source of internal division within the ranks and an impediment to the completion of any mission.
First, I think it should be recognized and accepted that ours is a "Warrior Culture". We are all either military veretans or the relatives and dependants of military veterans. So to start we should reestablish the formal authority structure we have become familiar with in our relationships as soldiers. Let the rank we held while we were in service be a starting point and let promotions be given according to recognized and proven ability in the field. I am a seargent. I have never aspired to be anything other than the best man I could be in what ever situation I found myself in. I cannot claim any heroic honors, but I fulfilled my mission to the best of my ability what ever the objective. I would not expect anything more of any man.
As I stated in another forum. Leadership requires the ability to inspire the respect and trust of those who follow. Kerry does none of that. I could not, even as a subordinate, put my faith in such a man. Thus I could never trust or follow his directives to any degree of effectiveness.
President Bush may not have my experience. He may be young next to me. But I would gladly follow him into Hell if it became necessary because I have confidance that his mission is the same as my own. I cannot percieve the same thinbgs in John Kerry. Smile

jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pneal wrote:
WATCH YOUR THOUGHTS.... THEY BECOME WORDS.
WATCH YOUR WORDS.... THEY BECOME ACTIONS.
WATCH YOUR ACTIONS.... THEY BECOME HABITS.
WATCH YOUR HABITS.... THEY BECOME CHARACTER.
WATCH YOUR CHARACTER.... IT BECOMES YOUR DESTINY.

BY Frank Outlaw

The above is a powerful message, and is worth thinking about carefully.
I want Kerry to LOSE, and I want to FORGET about him.

The majority of people in Massachussets should decide what happens to John Kerry ... the majority of people there apparently have "issues", but they need to deal with them in their own fashion.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Ya kerry then fat boy, but face it we got people but we need a meeting place,a forum, somebody must have some idea what that takes in money and effort. We can make a plan of attack after we have a club house, I doubt there would be a lack of ideas here. We dont want someone elses website, this needs to be our own brand of rules. The wheels are turning slowly - but they are turning.

The beauty of the Pajamahadeen is the difuse nature of our participation. It's a lot like hearding cats - frustrating at times, but we get to our goal in the end. It IS like swatting flies...there's always more of us Twisted Evil .

Think of it - this is the first time a group of citizens has been able to break through the MSM news embargos and MAKE NEWS themselves (see: blogs). The trend will only accelerate and we are on the front of the wave.

One one hand, it takes more time to get the ball rolling - on the other hand, once it's rolling it's a tidal wave (see: "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell). We just haven't reached the tipping point yet regarding Kerry's record. I personally think we've been close, but it hasn't happened yet. Hence...CALL CALL CALL your SENATORS. It's an attempt to create a tipping point.

Now...it was Howard Dean's crowd that really got the ball rolling this year on using the Internet for campaign/political purposes - in a sustained, focused manner.

Anyone can use this tool - so study the opposition when you get a chance. See what they're doing and how.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Edwards didn't resign his Senate position.
(No confidence on winning)
But I'm not sure if he or Kerry resigned from the Senate.
Does that mean that when they loose the election they are still Senators?
Does anyone know for sure?
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they are.

Just like Liberman in the last election.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: I would like to make a proposal Reply with quote

I would like to make a proposal for your consideration.

1. We should call ourselves " The Society of American and Allied Military Veterans".
2. Our mission will be to preserve the integrity of the Constitutional Republic of the United States and Allied Nations.
3. We will work within the framework of established law to bring about necessary changes in the internal and foreign policies of the Government for the betterment of the nation and its allies.

I would first ask you to consider the repeal of the Monroe Doctrine. It might have served well the fledgling nation in its infancy, but today it has become an impediment to the developement of effective foreign policy.
Isolationism can no longer serve the interests of the nation or the world.
When I consider the recent events in Iraq and Afganistan, I think my point is well made for this proposal.
Mine was a Phoenix generation. Our inheritance was blood and ashes. It was our mission from the beginning to take the blood and the ashes and make bricks and mortar and rebuild the edifice of our humanity. Lady Liberty stands today as a monument to our efforts. When ever I see her I am reminded of the sacrifice that many others have made so that I could enjoy the life that I now have. I endeavour to live my life in such a way that their efforts will not have been be spent in vain.

azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I'm in and we should go after Kennedy and Clinton as well!

If as has been stated there Democrats and Republicans posting here and united. What does that tell you? We have managed to find common ground on several issues, now if we as a group could stay united, and hopefully reach other middle of the road people who love this country.
Maybe, just maybe, we could get back to the Candidate.

For that to happen the extremists on both sides that hurt everyone need to get a collective boot. Or learn tolerance on the one hand and that this is America love it or leave it, so tone it down. Pushing resentful hateful opinions down all our throats is the divide.

Please admin delete as needed but if we can talk about other things maybe we can have a civil conversation about issues used as dividing wedges in America.

I think what you have here are people who in the past probably voted Democratic because they believed in the party and what it had stood for.. Today perhaps allot of that has changed when you realize who is pulling the strings and forcing the party's direction. First of all, the Dems need to get the word Racist out of their bible. Look at how well that was used in South Africa. Take God and prayers out of the schools, they got it. We have some scary kids and adults these days that have no fear of anything, let alone God. The extremists on the Left control that party. They no longer go green or mean or lean or whatever. The money is within the Democratic party, they learned strength through numbers. Zell got it and I hope others do too.

Now for my Republican friends there are some equally frightening stands that appear way off the wall, and not so brotherly lovey. When people condemn the gay community in the name of God, I resent that, as someone who takes God personally and NEVER would put words in his mouth. Being Gay is not selective, they are in just about any family and if you say not yours, I feel sorry for you, because someone is listening silently and perhaps agreeing with the condemnations.

Abortion I agree is horrendous, I agree late term abortion is murder and that has to stop. I can never get over, don't kill animals, no death penalty but no problem with abortion. But early abortion should be a personal issue between the Dr. and patient, not a national interest.

So what is there for the middle of the road average American? We all want freedom, for all. But, we want people to fear something, if not God, what, our laws? They have been so manipulated they protect the bad guys, and put more fear in the Good guys. Helping the unfortunate, within limits. Shcool prayer for all who have someone the pray to, and allow others not to without feeling condemned. We need to be tolerant, not condemning. Moral standards. I think we need public military schools to replace what we have. Discipline and respect should be taught and upheld. How about adding a column along side the kids who exceeded in the weekly school news that lists the bullies and what they did that week or month too. We all want to breath clean air. We all want peace.

I do not intend to hurt anyone or their strong beliefs. I think what has happened is the deep divide in this country is because both parties found out how easy it is to hit a note in us all.

I believe what has been done here is the greatest thing to happen to this country. Citizens united because we love and honor it very strongly. We hold honor and moral values highly. Hopefully we can keep a middle ground and maybe force change on the two parties. In the future we could feel good about voting for the candidate not the party.

I wince and hope you all don't hate me but isn't allot of it true? So finding equal ground and understanding and debate without hate here is remarkable, and yes I believe we could get all the low lifes out of government.

Utilize a point system. Keep a tally record of every high profile elected offcial.
Points against them for any variety of reasons. ( But how many elected officals have really pissed you off when they have claimed something outrageous when they were questioned.

Clinton,and the Jewish community vote after her and hubby pardoned on? Maxine Waters and her thing with the Drug dealers and her pulling out the race card,
Shelia Lee Jackson and the Nigerian money issue,
Max Cleland.. See, it does work,
Kennedy and Kerry for all the anti American, Anti respect for anything, bitter hate spewing, screaming don't question my patriotism,
Loretta Sanchez?? The one in Californa, she really pisses me off whenever she talks too arrogant.

Yoou get the idea we don't have to sit and fume we can fight back and clean up the political arena.

They are entitled to say whatever, whenever,

but we get to campaign against them.

Trish
MAsterBroomer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from MA, I'd be all for a continuation of a "Swift Boats" feuled effort to unseat Kerry from the Senate after his upcoming 11/2/04 loss, but it may be unneccessary:

"coolhand" wrote:
Quote:
You mean like Ray Flynn.

I'm a hard core Republican, but I'd support Ray in a run. Republicans have no chance up here unless they are liberal on all the social issues, but an old school socially conservative Democrat like Flynn might. We could urge Weld to move back to Mass or solicit Romney. But I would prefer to see an old school anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, conservative Democrat, former ambassador to the Vatican, and Irish catholic win. At least Flynn has some unpopular principles he stands by.

"coolhand" makes a good point about backing someone other than Kerry for Senate in 2008, but Ray has too much local "booze-baggage" and IMO too much Vatican-baggage for this area.

Other local pols are already lining up for Senate from MA:
U.S. Rep. Ed Markey
U.S. Rep. Marty Meehan
U.S. Rep. Stephan Lynch
Local D.A. Martha Coakley

they all have announced plans to run for Senate "after Kerry wins the Presidential election", but my sense is that they smell the blood-in-the-water around Kerry and are positioning for 2008 (or before) because I also sense that:

1) Kerry will not run in 2008 because his "cover" has been blown & he may as well retire to the good life his marriage affords, hopefully in Europe somewhere.

2) Kennedy retires in 2006 anyway (finally)

but "pencil me in" on the pact just in case.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Beautiful thoughts Reply with quote

Salute to azTish:
your article is well written and well thought. You have grasped my own thinking exactly. We have to get beyond sectarianism, tribalism and philosophical narrow mindedness. We must start to think first as Americans, only then can we approach the problems that seem to divide us as a people and as a nation.
The founders of this great nation likewise faced seemingly insurmountable sectarian and philosiphical difficulties. But they formulated our constitution to answer the questions that these problems presented.
While our constitution grants freedom of religion, it also guaranties freedom from religious persecution. We do not tolerate the use of 'GOD' as an excuse for restricting the rights of any citizen.
Likewise, we must consider the realities of the world we face today. We now face difficulties that our ancestors could never have dreamed of.
We must, in that same spirit, honestly and realistically confront the reality of those difficulties. We cannot allow ourselves to be blinded by mere religious of philosophical doctrine, but we must be able to explore connstructively and creatively the options available to us for answering those difficulties.
If we consider the matter of abortion, for instance, we must understand the social and historical forces that made abortion seem to be an option.
We cannot simply dismiss the question with some formulaic of dogma spouted without thinking. We must be allowed to view the situation objectively with an accurate understanding of the biological and social realities with which we must deal. Our gaol in such matters must be to preserve the integrity of our society. A good physician seeks to heal old wounds without inflicting new ones. This thought must be our guide in all such matters.
Amongst my own foflk, all matters concerning conception, gestation and birth are considered as matters of "The Womans Mystery" and as such they are beyond the purview of the civil law. These matters are the proper concern of women and do not concern men. A man is well advised not to meddle in those matters which do not concern him. But that is the view of my own folk and I would not seek to enforce our thinking upon others who might find our ways strange and unacceptable. Yet I cannot accept those who would seek to impose their ways of thinking upon me in the name of their God or their idea of morality.
It is true that Freedom is not free. Freedom is a burden and a responsibility. It takes a strong individual to be trully free. A weak minded
individual will always be subject to the whims of circumstance and misfortune. We must be free to choose our own paths in this life but we must be willing to accept the responsibility for the consequences of those choices. For in all matters of choice there are always consequences. One path may lead to reward and another might lead to perdition, but the choice must always be our own freely embarked upon. We cannot allow others to decide our choices for us.
My own view of the world is of necessity a warriors view. I was concieved and born in war and I have known war for most of my life. But I, at least, know 'WHY' I fought and why I will continue to fight. I fought as did my father and grandfather before me so that one day all men might be free from tyrany. Free from the tyrany of political despotism and likewise free from the tyrany of religious fanaticism. To this end my life is dedicated. I know of no other way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: