SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The request to stand down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked Reasearch & Resources Beatrice1000

I am sick!

I thought I lived in the free world; the greatest country in the Universe.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
The leaders of Communism have been replaced and watered down. But Communism is an idealogy that has found it's way into our main media. It has perverted our thoughts and actions towards our America the beautiful -- the land of the free.

I can add that I think the infiltration of our media, schools and culture has been ongoing since well before the Vietnam war. It took 9/11 to clarify the issue for many.

-- FDL
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewisge wrote:
But, there is a large segment of the population that do not have any connection to the events of Vietnam or the Cold War or have not been taught about it. I'm a computer person who has been in the industry ever since I left the Navy in 1978. I really had this reality driven home to me the other day when I was in an office conference room full of people discussing a computer problem. My teammate and I were discussing something we had seen on a mainframe computer many years ago that was similar. All of a sudden we noticed all of the people around the table and their eyes were starting to roll back into their heads.

I think focused and concise messages about both - Communist direction and OTH discharge - would be helpful. The former message for those over 40, the latter for those under. One concern is that many in their 20's today might find the Communist ties to be a non-problem; the leftist indoctrination they're getting in the universities is at a fever pitch.

As an aside, those sneers you got were the sneers of young-person arrogance and "postmodernism" that have infected the IT world. As someone who programmed the DEC PDP-8 and IBM370/165 in assembler and PL/I, as well as more contemporary platforms, I have noted this phenomenon as well in my hospital-based electronic medical records activities.

It goes: how could those older and wiser than us microcomputer whippersnappers know anything? How could anything about those old mainframes be relevant today to us "enlightened" young people? An analogous thought is the attitudes today regarding the constitution and the writings of the founding fathers. How could anything those old farts wrote be relevant to us "enlightened" young people?

I have thought about the issue since it impairs the ability of hospitals to get electronic medical records implemented in hospitals, sorely needed to prevent medical errors and even debacles like VIOXX.

I ask this question: how many of those who pooh-pooh older experts are democrats? Could postmodernism be the ideology that drives this phenomenon of loss of respect for those with the expertise of long experience?

-- FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a good starting point in talking about Kerry and his record is to tell people he is supported by the Communist Party USA and they can go to their website to check it out - that's an attention getter to then expand on Kerry's communist ties and the rest of his record.

Debbie
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check new thread-- IT HAS BEGUN
granny23
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What new thread?
Oh. Never mind. That is the title. Embarassed
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My name is Bill and I'm one of the thousands who has been lurking and learning. I think NavyChief gave everyone all the information needed on page two of this thread when he said:

"A much more important question and far greater danger is threatening us. How far do John Kerry's Communist ties go? How many others that support Kerry are involved in the Communism shift of our country? They want to be called "progressive" instead of "liberal" now. Has the time finally come for them to take a bold step forward and come out of the closet, proclaiming in a loud voice, "Yes, we are the "progressive" party". Might I suggest you read the captured documents again and see that the Communists also called themselves "progressive".

We now have documentary evidence of the Communist's calling the shots during the anti-war movement. Kerry couldn't have been ignorant to this fact. He was their spokesman -- he claimed in dozens of articles to be the leader. We have his own words -- his own actions which mirrored the directives and circulars written by the enemy."

...and:
"Let me recall the gloating of Le Duc Tho (Communist negotiator) who told Kissinger in September 1971, "I don't know why I'm negotiating anything with you, we've already won. We will get everything we want from your opposition".

This isn't about bogus medals or OTHD. Chief said, 'A much more important question and far greater danger is threatening us.'"

The "greater danger" is in RED on the thread where Chief discusses how Hanoi urged activists to run for Congress: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15393

A lot is being discussed on the "Discovered Papers" thread, especially around page 48 and after:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14551&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=705

You combat vets remember how you felt the first time you faced tracers heading your way, or had a buddy get fragged right next to you? Do you remember saying out loud, "Holycrap! This isn't a game! This is for REAL! That's how I feel now. Remember the first time you drew down on another person and your pulse was racing and your hands were shaking? Well, I can hear my heart pounding in my ears and can barely keep my hands on the keyboard.

The Chief gave us a heads-up and a call to action. I applaud Becky for her post and agree that this must now become a judicial issue.
CD
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Forget...

Somebody real well spoken and knowledgeable should call Drudge's show after 10PM EST tonight. Make Him Break This Story!

It's 10:07 EST Now
NonLinear
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Navy Chief Reply with quote

Ok Chief, I'm in. Looks like about a thousand coming against you.
Looks like they'll need to take on two.
That sign looks like it says "Abondon hope all ye who enter here"
You goin in?

Roger that.

Roger hot .

Gimme a vector.

T minus 32:45:00 on my mark.

Mark.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Somebody real well spoken and knowledgeable should call Drudge's show after 10PM EST tonight. Make Him Break This Story!

I'm an incoherant stuttering fool, but I'm going to try. He said they were barely screening calls tonight.

1-866-437-8343
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Quote:

I'm an incoherant stuttering fool, but I'm going to try. He said they were barely screening calls tonight.

1-866-437-8343

Everyone try to get on. If you get on hold and can get on your computer at the same time, put a post up! I've got him on now and as soon as we get off the phone with our out of state college daughter, I'll begin trying to call (you can tell how closely I'm listening to the conversation right now.)
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Quote:

1-866-437-8343

Hey! You could run for President. Us Americans like that type.

Sam
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was able to get on with Drudge and he refused to discuss it. If this is the battle with Drudge, what hope is there with the MSM?
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Drudge is 'in' on it and doesn't want to "jump the gun" as NC might say.
/CD
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this is the battle with Drudge, what hope is there with the MSM?

If there is eyewitness or documented proof, I think he'll have to run it. Lets hope Lipscomb doesnt let us down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: