SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftboat Vets are Liars etc and other BS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joppa,

I sadly agree with you about the nation becoming divided. It is getting time to pick your side. As korny as this sounds, it is getting down to the point of "good against evil, the good guys vs the bad guys, and the guys in the white hats against the guys in the black hats. The nation is drawing a line on issues and it is getting to the point that one side or the other will when.

You should have seen the language in the original email that I got from the Kerry supporter that prompted me to start this particular thread. Please let us know what you think of the DU or at least email me personally. Make sure and read what they put out very well and then decide which side you want to support.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
What I see happening is that people who disagree with either the left or right is branded an enemy.

I see a similar tendency, that we are either liberal or conservative. We then go after the other guy, based on that first decision, grabbing whatever facts suit our argument.

this is what worries me. Our nation is becoming more and more divided. I blame conservative talk radio and the left wing media for this divide.

Why?? All Rush Limbaugh did for me was give me the ability to articulate what I was already feeling. He had nothing to do with me arriving at that feeling. About 5 years before I ever heard of Rush, an annonymous janitor whom I overheard tell another janitor that his big dream in life was to get into a housing project where the government paid the utilities gets the credit for starting me down that road.

If we dont stand together then we will fall together. This hate has to stop. Our enemy is Al Qaeda not people who disagree with you as far as political affilation is concerned.

So, I will wait and see if Kerry releases all his military records. I will wait and see if the charges brought against him stand. I owe the man at least that consideration.

Not planning on holding your breath until it happens are you?? I wouldn't recommend it.
Time for me to hit the sack

Take care

Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
The Big "E" and The Main Battery
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joppa -
I do not “hate” that lying, backstabbing, seditious traitor Hanoi John Kerry.
I do hate what he did upon his return from his 1/3 tour incountry. I find his actions while incountry utterly despicable and without honor. I find his current actions (his nearly 20 years in the Senate and his Presidential campaign tactics) not worthy of any respect.
But I do not “hate” him.
joppa
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADMIN NOTE: Removed member's statement.

SBVFT is not legally, morally or ethically obligated to host anti-Swifts propaganda or pro-Kerry talking points on its own site, no matter how carefully veiled in double-speak they may be.

This site is not about the President, neo-conservatives or Iraq, except in how they relate to John Kerry's actions and statements.

U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joppa,

Please make one more post and tell us your thoughts on **. Or at least send me a personal email on your opinion.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joppa wrote:
Since this board is pro-Bush and anti-Kerry I do not see a healthy debate taking place. Our country is better served by everyone becoming informed through intelligent debate and honest information being dispersed throughout the media.

Joppa -
Being anti-Hanoi John is not the same as being pro-Bush.
I myself believe the President Bush has made mistakes. I myself do not believe that democracy and freedom should be spread at gunpoint. Some cultures function better under a totalitarian dictatorship.
That said, I will also state unequivocally that we do have the right to defend ourselves, and that diplomacy won’t always work. Being nice, being “kind and gentle” or “sensitive” won’t always work. We must be prepared to use force.
I do not believe that a man who has demonstrated his propensity for self aggrandizement to the extreme, who has repeatedly lied, who has denigrated the honorable service of the members of the US Military while himself serving less than honorably, who has committed sedition and treason should be our Commander in Chief.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! Evil or Very Mad My post got nuked before I could submit it. It was a beauty...

Gotta say, Joppa

Your homework seems to lack quite a bit. I don't believe we have enough bandwidth to educate you either. Let's start with the character of the man, Kerry:

Does character count for the Commander-in-Chief? It does to the millions of serving military (I am currently one of those).

Issues: All candidates talk about issues - but how many actually follow through with their promises? Reagan didn't get all of them, neither did Carter, Ford, Nixon, Clinton, Bush and so on and so on.

There is an abundance of evidence that Kerry has embellished his record and achievements, changed his stories several times, and has people on his campaign telling lies about war stories they were never involved in.

I can't speak to Kerry's service in Vietnam - I wasn't there. However, from 1994-1998 I was in the Defense POW/MIA Office and the Intelligence Analyst/Executive liaison for Senator Kerry and others for the US/Russian Joint Commission on POW/MIAs. Kerry was the Vietnam War Commissioner - NOT ONCE in four years did Kerry come to a meeting, contribute in any way, or care to find POW/MIAs. His choice to turn his back on all servicemen when he left the Navy (a defining point was his Cambodia experience seared-seared into his memory on Christmas eve 68' or was it Jan, yeah Jan - I think) seems to continue to this day. He doesn't care about the military... Your homework would prove that if you bothered to do it - let me help: check his voting record on military and defense matters.

Since any President's time is devoted some 68% to his duties as Commander-in-Chief during his term (some more, some less) and Kerry has made this his central theme - any reasonable person would come to the conclusion that Kerry is not fit to be Commander-in-Chief. As a Senator in 2003 he only bothered to show up and vote 36% of the time. Is this a part time job or full time job?

You can wait until the cows come home for Kerry to release his military records - it don't mean spit! Records can be altered and have been. If all he can run on is 4 months and 12 days in country as proof of his ability to be Commander-in-Chief (and let's forget the 12 years plus Senate record) then we are in a sad state. Which is it Kerry? Are you proud of your service to your country (now after 30 years)? or are you ashamed of it (as you worked so hard to prove in protests and Senate voting)?
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: re kerry at convention Reply with quote

just had a great idea, kerry is schedule to speak at the VFW convention in cincinnati on wednesday, what if as many as possible of the swiftvets and other vietnam, vets could be there to demonstrate, against him.
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Can You Name This Country? Reply with quote

Joppa & Navy Chief: JFK's voting record is available for all to see if they are interested. I received this email a few minutes ago. It poses a good question and answeres it. Question: Can You Name this Country?

CAN YOU NAME THIS COUNTRY?

709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) PERSONNEL.

293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.

20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT

232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR
WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES
PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO
SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

IS THIS COUNTRY-

RUSSIA ? NO

CHINA ? NO

GREAT BRITAIN ? NO

FRANCE ? WRONG AGAIN ( What a Laugh!!!!!)

MUST BE USA ? STILL WRONG (SORT OF)

GIVE UP ?

THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED
DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON AND AL GORE.
AND [their elimination] was 100% SUPPORTED BY JOHN KERRY (THESE
HE DID VOTE ON)

SLEEP WELL!

This is not a new message, but a reminder of why we now have
over-deployed our National Guard and Reserve Units.

HE SAID CHECK THE RECORD
Sen. John Kerry, Democrat from Massachusetts says he is the
strongest Presidential Candidate on National Defense ! He said Check
the Record..

We Did !

Here is what we learned:
He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle
He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank
He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988
He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system
He voted to Kill the F-15 strike eagle
He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16
He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade
He voted to Kill the B-1
He voted to Kill the B-2
He voted to Kill the Patriot anti Missile system
He voted to Kill the FA-18
He voted to Kill the B-2
He voted to Kill the F117
He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development
and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988, including a bill
for battle armor for our troops.

It is most likely, with Sen. John Kerry as President and Commander
in Chief of our Armed Services, that they will cease to function making
it impossible for our country to protect itself.
John Kerry voted to kill all anti-terrorism activities of each
and every agency of the U.S. Government.
He voted to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%.
He voted to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%.
He voted to cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.
THEN, and this is abhorrent to almost every American Voter be you
Democrat, Republican or Independent, he voted to increase OUR funding
for U.N operations by 800% !!

Ask yourself Is THIS the person you want as President of these
United States providing for the Common Defense of the Nation and be the
Leader of the Free World ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Voting history can be accessed through Senate voting records.
The above is an accurate summary.

I believe this says it all.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ladder Yankee 33.

I've seen the voting record as well. I am one of many that has been serving during the whole negative voting record by Kerry. I am glad I retire in December because I have a gut-wrentching feeling that the American people are going to elect Kerry for President. I think I'll renounce my American citizenship and move to Australia - beer and women Very Happy

Kerry does say something that is true: this is the most important election!

I am just sick that he owns a house in my home state of Idaho. As bad as he is with environmental issues, my state will become a playground for the rich.

BBBBAAARRRRRFFFFF!!!!!!!

p.s. seems like Joppa doesn't want to play anymore. Hope we weren't too harsh.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: re moving to australia Reply with quote

I am australian/american, but I won't move to australia, I will stay and fight to get him out if he should win,if the swiftvets keep up the heat, maybe we could get him inpeached, because if he wins, the american people, will have made the biggest blunder ever,we need to support the swiftvets and keep the pressure on, also I wish they would speak out and make the point that they have nothing to do with the republicans, and the ad, they need to come out strongly about this as the dems are going to use it for al;l its worth
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
p.s. seems like Joppa doesn't want to play anymore. Hope we weren't too harsh.

Joppa is in the brig. Wink
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will stay and fight to get him out if he should win,if the swiftvets keep up the heat, maybe we could get him inpeached, because if he wins, the american people, will have made the biggest blunder ever,we need to support the swiftvets and keep the pressure on,

I don't think our country should go through another impeachment debacle. We are fighting a war and we can't afford the diversion. I agree he needs to be stopped dead in his tracks before a presidency. So, why aren't we making noise about Alston's lying before the world at the Democratic Convention? If Alston was wounded 1/29/69 in the head and was in the hospital and took credit for Fred Short being the gunner on Kerry's boat - where is the OUTCRY in the media?

I'm getting more confused the more I read. Whose who? What was what? Where are the factual documents? Couldn't this be cleared up fairly easily? Rolling Eyes
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Alston was wounded 1/29/69 in the head and was in the hospital and took credit for Fred Short being the gunner on Kerry's boat - where is the OUTCRY in the media?

I think because it's not entirely clear exactly what the situation WAS with Alston.

NRO by Byron York:
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200408160842.asp

There are other links in the Resources & Research forum regarding this topic, where people are working on nailing down facts and a timeline.

So far, it looks like it's got some gaps in it, and it hasn't been endorsed by the founders, so it's being kept off of this board.

Hope that helps.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Navy_Navy_Navy!

That helped me understand. I just sent an email to the Kerry campaign to get clarification on the issue. I seriously doubt they will answer but I sure was fun to do it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: