SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pelican223
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Bio-The short version. Reply with quote

Hiya Folks!

I enlisted in D/297th Eskimo Scouts (Alaska National Guard) at Point Barrow on 6 Nov, 66.
Army Basic and 05B10 AIT at Ft. Ord 1967.
US Army Aviation Flight Training 1968.
A/123rd Avn BN (Pelicans) Americal Division (UH-1 and OH-6A Warrant Pile-it) 68-69.
Commissioned at Mother Rucker as 1LT Army Air Defense. 1970.
Retired 10 July, 1987.

Glad to meetcha!

Cheers,
Mike

West Bend, WI US
Cal BH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlisted in the Navy in June of '68. Went to school for Avionics in Millington then to RVAW 110. Worked on radar on the E-1B. Then I got on the bad side of a CPO and ended up in Vietnam.

In country at Ben Luc on the highway between Saigon and Cambodia. Non-combat role.

Spent the final two years of my enlistment on the USS Constellation working in Primary Flight control. (Was in Pri-Fly when 'Duke' Cunningham became the first Ace).

Just found these forums so I may not post much but it is nice to hear from those who care.
highwayman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: howdy all Reply with quote

hi my name is jon and i served in the navy from '86-'89 as a machinist mate, and was dicharged early because of a service conected disability.

i was on two ships, a destroyer and a sub tender and was on two
west-pacs, and the closest i came to 'naum is from the ship about 30 miles offshore.

just found this forum the other day and glad too see that i am not the only one that thinks that kerry is a legend in his own mind, if he can find it.
RifleMaster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: I was there! Reply with quote

My name is Carl, and I served two tours in Vietnam (Oct 67- May 69). I was a MACV Infantry Advisor assigned to the 5th Inf Div, 8th Regt, 1st Bn. Our AO was approximately half way between Saigon and the Cambodian border. During my tours and the previous years, Advisory Team 70 had 25% KIA's ( I can prove this). We participated on many combined ARVN and US operations with units of the 1st Inf. Div., 25th Inf. Div., 11th ARCR, and the 1st Cav. Div. (in 69). I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THE ATROCITIES THAT KERRY LIED ABOUT!

Knowing the beating we gave the enemy in 68 and having participated on several MACV Recondo ops (Recon Ops) in War Zone C& D, I believe Kerry's boat only saw sniper or delaying/warning fire on the East and Southeast of Saigon. With 5 or 6 Divisions around the West side of Saigon, I don't believe any significant enemy unit was on the other side of Saigon.

The American people need to know the truth about Kerry's service and his lies about our honorable service!

Time for bed. Work tomorrow.

Carl
Special Forces Association Member, DE OPPRESSO LIBER!
js1050
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reporting for Duty Reply with quote

Hey folks - I'm a short-timer (Active USMC 1988-1993, Marine for life) and never drew a breath in combat. But that's OK, because I (and you all) are engaging the most heinous of enemies (liberal "take no prisoners" propaganda and deception) in a war that will wage on for years. The true war on terror is the global *intellectual* war waged upon the fringe leftist members of the Demicratiban.

I have been politically active since my release from Active Duty, my energies have been focused on Second Amendment issues (I am for, not against) and the G-d given right to self-defense.

I found out about this site through Lucianne.com, and stopped by every time a new ad came out. I love the ads.

During my enlistment, I mech'd and crewed CH-53A & D helicopters. I finished my tour on H3s (yes, Navy airframes) and made my egress with an honorable discharge. While I have passed the limit for re-entering via OCS, it still lingers in my mind. The next best thing I can do is support our troops AND their mission(s). I take every oportunity to thank current and former military members for their service to our great nation (as well as spouses).

Thanks to everyone here by the way, we are a strong nation because of you.

Semper Fi

JS
Buddy_t
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

Howdy Y'all,
Sheldon N. Thornton, SSgt, USAF 1980-1991, 2110CS Vance AFB 1980-1985/ 1961CG Clark AB, Republic of the Philippines, 1985-1989/ 2002CS Altus AFB, OK/ Now DOD Civilian Air Traffic Controller US Army. Thanks you guys for Speaking out. I was called a baby killer 7 years after Viet Nam while I was a recruiter assistant on numerous occasions while in uniform. That was in 1980. Being in the Military after Kerry's bunch got through was pitiful. Thank god and Reagan that we were finally brought up to be more than second class citizens. I blame Fonda, Kerry and the other elites to making our nations military into punching bags after Nam. Thanks again.
Rev_W
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enlisted in the Army in 1969. Studied with the ASA at Ft. Devens, MA. Volunteered for Nam. Served in 101st ABN, I Corps - Phu Bai 1970-71. I came home to a world that hated me and now the war has returned in the form of yet another anti-soldier liberal candidate for President of the U.S.
"Greater love has no one than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends" John 15:13
jbelman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Belman
B Co 3/75 Ranger Regiment 1991-1995
Task Force Ranger, Somalia 1993
bobster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Report In Reply with quote

Robert Johnson
USAF 1971-1977, Offutt AFB, Nebraska and Ramstein AB, Germany
Currently Army civilian managing technology
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is where 'ya muster.

USN '56-'60
USNTC San Diego
NAF Litchfield Park (Avondale, Arizona)
USS Toledo CA 133 westpac & Austrailia
USS Durant DER 389 barrier patrol Pearl Harbor to Kodiak, rough water a daily routine
Shellback since '58
tooold2begood
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Just a little info on me
I what they call a 100% disabled vet Sad .
Served with Co A, 3rd Bn 187th Inf in Nam (69-70)
Served US Army 1967-1985.
Very confused with all this political mess and VN Vets.
What does it matter now?
Wish we had more choices to make in elections.
A Real Vet would be nice. Not someone who serve a couple months, or someone who served his dad's political party.
Swarf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Just found out that we were supposed to report in when signing up, so here i am, an old 11B reporting for duty Sir! After 17 weeks at Fort Lewis and shipped to VM, I was assigned to the 9th IN DIV, posted to the 3/5 Cav Charlie Troop in Quang Tri out of Wunder Beach In July of 1968 as a replacement gunner on a 113. Later that fall I was shipped back to BearCat and then to the 4/47th Mobile Riverine Force, spending time in C Co, HHC and A Co. I extended my tour to become a combat photographer 84B and after 30 days home reported to 9th Signal at Dong Tam. Later I took a photo team to Tan Am with the remaining 3rd brigade leaving nam on 23/Dec/69. Thankyou Brown Water Navy for hualing us around the delta and always being there (sooner or later) when we needed you. I came out of the service and tried to live a normal life there after. I have felt the affects of Kerry's lies on my career ever since. I have since been a photographer, teacher, cop, computer tech and manager and now own a small machineshop on the side where I make hunting and fishing products. I married my girl in June of 1970 and had two sons. One is a Capt with the 2/3 Styker Combat Team in Irag now and the other is a Mechanical Engineer in the Seattle area.

Swarf
Viper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Mustering in Reply with quote

AVCM USN (Ret)
Basic 1960, retired on my birthday in 1988. Saw many squadrons and several carriers. Was in VW1 '68 - '71 in Agana, Guam. Squadron flew radar picket out of Chu Lai and DaNang. I was flight engineer on EC 121 in that squadron.
Rusty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help but wonder why the news media can get away with not keeping up with what is going on here! [/list]
CK_Phantom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Phantom Requesting Permission to Come Aboard! Reply with quote

Crushkerry.com - Internet Frontline Twisted Evil

19th Engineer Battallion - Ft. Knox
    Originally 36th ECR in WWII
    Named "The Little Seahoarse Division" by Germans
    shared lineage with (parent of) 36th ENG GP (Ft. Benning)
    both continue to distinguish themselves

USAARMAC - Ft. Knox
    US Army Armor Center and School

3d BDE, 2d ID - Cp. Howze, Korea
    Attended ROKA Ranger School (9th, Inf Div, ROKA) and 8th Army Rappelling and Mountaineering Course (Cheju Island)
    3d BDE, 2d ID is now 3/2 Striker Brigade Combat Team (Ft. Lewis, serving in Iraq)
    the Army's 1ST SBCT! "Frontline, Sir!"

HHC, TSB, USAIC - Ft. Benning
    The School Brigade, US Army Infantry Center

My very plain and incomplete DD-214, as well as what will probably be the first of what may turn out to be several DD-215 corrections (New KDSM-Hooah!) are available in reciprocity.

US Army "Cold War" Veteran
Born in the USofA on the 4th of July.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 42 of 47

Jump to: