SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly - Monday 8pm EST - Comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR starts off plugging Tour of Duty, "if you want to get to know the real John Kerry." *barf*

Brinkly says, "It's hard to criticize a POW, but as a historian, I have to determine if they are factual." So, POWs are liars now too?

Overall, it's another pitiful attempt to discredit the Swiftess from someone who bills himself as a "Presidential Historian," who appears to me to be another left wing apologist for a losing candidate.

He also touched on Steve Gardner, calling him "the Wild Man." Says Gardner was threatened with court martial for indiscriminate firing, then next answer addresses free fire zones about shooting any and every thing that moved.

Sorry, my grandson could see through that litany of garbage.

Neither BOR or Brinkley can explain why the public still doesn't know who Kerry is, LOL. Uh, maybe because he is so far all over everything that he leaves himself confused? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email BOR! Put him on notice. If enough of us keep these LMSM's feet to the fire, we will accomplish much.

Even short emails can be very effective, if enough people respond. Here's mine.

Quote:
Bill,

Given the slanderous attacks Brinkley made about Hoffman and Gardner and other Swiftboat vets, don't you want to be "fair and balanced" by having either Hoffman, Garner, or other Swifties on your show to defend themselves against such unchallenged assertions?

Also, shouldn't you be "fair and balanced" by having other perspectives of Kerry's anti-war activities. Mr. Brinkley is clearly a supporter of and spinner for Kerry. There should be further investigation and discussion of Kerry's anti-war activities by opposing viewpoints. You should do this to keep "looking out for" your viewers.

By the way, you should be careful to rely on your "online" polls. There are programs out there called "bots" that can automatically "feed" numerous "hits" to achieve any result to these online polls that the programmer wants as an outcome. That is what happened with the debates' online polls. Anyone with an ounce of technological know-how understands this. Careful with relying your or any "online" polls.

Shocked
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further BOR's 'softball' attempts at getting Kerry on his show, taking bets that he will cover the story Tuesday night of the Sinclair employee getting fired for speaking out about Stolen Honor.

BOR will stoop to any level to get Kerry on his show. I wrote him an e-mail and told him what I thought about his interview with Brinkley and that I had entered the mother of all spins in a 'no spin zone'.

With the exception of Hannity, I'm turning off fox.

Kimberly
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
BOR starts off plugging Tour of Duty, "if you want to get to know the real John Kerry." *barf*

I sent O'Reilly a letter and told him he had that wrong. If you want to get to know the real John Kerry, you read The New Soldier!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertturle wrote: "I don't think Brinkley will sell many books after this. The SVPT will damage his credibility further when they begin their rebuttal."

What rebuttal?

Besides, right now nobody cares how many books Brinkley sells--what about preventing Kerry from becoming President? There's only two weeks left, and the polls are tied...
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't watch BOR anymore.
That's my statement. Ratings
count.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
I won't watch BOR anymore.
That's my statement. Ratings
count.

Agree!!!

If more people were like us BOR would be history. As Lynne Cheney said of John Kerry, "he is not a good man." This description equally fits BOR. However, he seems to have a magnetic attraction to many viewers (and sadly many participants on this forum). From what I gather (since I have not watched him for over 2 months) is that he has continued to anger most of the supporters of the SBVT. So why do they watch. Is it the same reason people slow down to look at automobile accidents on the highway? I hope not.

His coverage of other stories (if you can believe what he reports after the blatantly false coverage of the SBVT and Stolen Honor issues) does not override what he has done to call into question the honor and integrity of the men associated with the cause that this web site and forum stands for. I just wish more people felt like us and pulled the plug on BOR.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly is on the skids. He got his tongue in a tangle with his producer and it's just a matter of time. Roger Ailes is too smart to let BOR take down his ship. I wouldn't be surprised if he is already considering a replacement show.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Previous post in another forum...Don't worry about Brinkley Reply with quote

Brinkley has to dispute the allegations brought forth by the SBVT's and POW's for the sake of his own credibility as a "historical journalist". He wouldn't want people to know that he was lazy and allowed himself to be force fed Kerry's version of history, based on carefully constructed lies and fraudulent documents. Brinkley said that "Kerry had practically written "Tour of Duty" all by himself", with all the "journals", photos, films, and recorded crappola he provided the "author". As far as I'm concerned, Brinkley's just another KERRY STOOGE. The fact that the MSM doesn't allow or encourage a direct confrontation between the SBVT's and POW's, and any of Kerry's supporters, speaks volumes on who THEY KNOW is telling THE TRUTH. If they really believed in Kerry's version, they wouldn't hesitate to unleash his "hounds of hell". Clearly they DON'T HAVE any FAITH IN KERRY, or Brinkley, either.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly wrote:
Bill O'Reilly has gotten confusing lately.

Hey, while he's reading letters from John Kerry, how about he shares some letters from some OTHER Viet Vets. Evil or Very Mad

I think BOR has been drinking some of that Kool-aid he is always saying others do, anyone that does not agree with him.. Laughing
No spin zone....yeah right Rolling Eyes
gemoore
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR should change his motto. It should be "The Spin Starts Here." Last week, when he was interviewing Lanny Davis regarding the war in Iraq, he rolled footage of burning vehicles. Also, later in that show, he interviewed Michael Reagan and referred to the war as an "optional war." I e-mailed BOR. Asked why the video couldn't have shown kids going to school or hospitals open and treating the sick, which would have been more representative of what's going on in Iraq today. I also mentioned the comment to Reagan. No response from BOR, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is BOR having a spell of "male menopause"? He is a "FLIP FLOP". Evil or Very Mad
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
Roon wrote:
kmudd wrote:
what is Brinkley's email address?

I believe this is it:

dbrinkle@uno.edu

I got it off the University of New Orleans faculty email addresses, Douglas G Brinkley. That is where the Eisenhower Center is which he is the director. There is also a phone number listed. Not sure if we can post the phone number so I'll post the link for the search page for faculty members.

http://www.uno.edu/search/ldap-search.cgi

Thanks

Thanks for the email address, I wrote the "historian". lol Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: