SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Line: We just got a tip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else feel like we did last Friday night when the Sinclair flop was revealed? More power to 'em if they think they can make this story stick and get noticed.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. A little let down. Not as big as made out to be. We already knew Kerry was a lier, nothing new. Evil or Very Mad

Stolen Honor
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is about what i expected, a discrepency which will only make headlines in newsmax and freep.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story just broke in Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041024-110609-9428r.htm

http://www.thewebplace.com/
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twicearound wrote:
JUST ANOTHER LIE, ON TOP OF LIES, NOT MEETING WITH UN LEADERS. NOW WHICH WILL MSM SUCK UP THIS OR THE ANTI US BASHING STORY IN THE NYT

Exactly twicearound, this is an issue for us...We keep worrying about our old lapdogs in the MSM carrying the water for us. Forget about those days of wishing and hoping! We can't ride up and down with every supposed "revelation." RAthERGATE will not come around every day...that's not to say we shouldn't try or that we shouldn't hold their feet to the fire of truth and objectivity...however, to keep our focus and be optimally effective until election day, we need to ------>>
Donate to the Swifties,
"get out the vote",
distribute Stolen Honor as widely as possible,
talk with college students
and all the other creative things people are doing that I've noticed on this board!

Sleepless
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I think it is a big deal. Kerry Lied and He is caught red handed in a lie. He is a gratuitous liar. He is a name dropper. He embelleshed his speech on the senate floor to lead the world to believe that he was more "involved" than he actually was. He wanted the world to think that he has more influence than he actually does. He lied.

Sure, the media will downplay it. But, Joel Mowbray has a lot of credibility and it stinks. The arrogance of standing up before the senate and making a speech based on a lie. He was not concerned about whether we were doing the right thing as much as he was interested in stroking his own ego. He suffers from delusions of grandeur. The guy is a complete nut case. The world needs to know that the man is mentally ill.

He is delusional.

Okay. I'll come off the soap box now.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that the front page news would be about Kerry's finances. There is a post of Research and Resources about that. I don't understsand too much of all that is there, but it is SCARY.
What I THINK it says is that there are a bunch of very rich that want Kerry elected, and will do anything necessary. I get the idea they have something to do with the price of oil, "hedging". It seems there really is enough oil supply, and not a big increase in demand, but the price has gone to $55 a barrel. Soros is among the names. they know under a Kerry admin they will get federal funding for cell research. Met in Aspen, Co. I read some where that Soros messed in a Europian election, or was accused of it. Did something to the English pound also. He has ssaid that he want Bush out and will spend all his billions if necessary. Scary. Lots of people vote their pocketbooks.
Front page of NYT is about missing arms in Iraq. Not good news.
We need to PRAY. Sure could use some really good news.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest story of the year was Kerry meeting with VC during Vietnam undermining the US war effortrs to win. yet that got not even a blurb. Kerry can do no wrong in the eyes of the MSM it seems.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In an interview published in the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, Mr. Kerry was asked what he would want people to remember about his presidency. He responded, "That it always told the truth to the American people."

When it comes to telling the truth, John Kerry is Scott Peterson's twin brother.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with NoMoreLies. This is not just exaggeration or "stretching
the truth". It is a sign of a serious mental problem. A person who
lies about national security issues and does it in such a way that it
can easily be proven to be false is clearly MENTALLY unfit to be CinC.
This will not affect the ABB crowd, but someone who was considering
voting for Kerry but was not yet completely committed should be
put off by a story like this. The story about meeting with the enemy
while he was still in the USN can be dismissed by some as "ancient
history". This is very much current history and should give any sane
person who is voting for Kerry pause. I don't get it that people think
that he is so smart because, if he is not delusional, he is STUPID to
say something like that if it were not true.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When reached for comment last week, an official with the Kerry campaign stood by the candidate's previous claims that he had met with the entire Security Council. (Stick with the lie until it's disproven.)

But after being told late yesterday of the results of The Times investigation, the Kerry campaign issued a statement that read in part, "It was a closed meeting and a private discussion." (Like SEAL posers always claim that what they did was classified and top secret?)

A Kerry aide refused to identify who participated in the meeting. (I'll just bet s/he did.)

The statement did not repeat Mr. Kerry's claims of a lengthy meeting with the entire 15-member Security Council, instead saying the candidate "met with a group of representatives of countries sitting on the Security Council." (Just a tad different than the original stories, no?)

Disgusting. Spin, lie, deny... blather, rinse, repeat.... Rolling Eyes
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
The biggest story of the year was Kerry meeting with VC during Vietnam undermining the US war effortrs to win. yet that got not even a blurb. Kerry can do no wrong in the eyes of the MSM it seems.

Exactly - which is why we cannot rely on them (to do their jobs as professionals) - we must pursue other avenues to get the truth out...occassionally they'll have to examine how utterly foolish they are - that may happen to some degree after this election OR maybe not...Anyhow let's shoulder the weapon(s) we do have an soldier on! Even so, I hope NOMORELIES is correct and this does hit Kerry...but's I'm not staking anything on that other than a passing fancy...

See my links just above as to what we CAN do!

Sleepless
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if we all weren't so used to hearing lies from this man and his cronies, THIS STORY WOULD BE A VERY BIG DEAL! If Bush had lied in this manner, you had better believe it would be a big deal. But because Kerry lies so often, it just becomes one more lie piled upon a mountain of others and gets ignored by most of the MSM. I wish with all my heart that somehow the public would get truly informed and finally get fed up with this stuff, and then GET OUTRAGED!!! We are the United States of America, not some Banana Republic, and we do not have to accept anything but the most honorable, upright, and moral behavior from our leaders. I pray that this week the good people of Ohio, Pennsylvania, the other battleground states, and the rest of the Country as well, really get a clear vision of the peril that this nation will be in if John Kerry is elected President. Evil wants to take over our Country. WE MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! NOT ON OUR WATCH! The strongest people I have ever known were my mom, my mother-in-law, and a couple of my aunts. Many of you may have known women like them--tiny women in stature, but PRAYER WARRIORS who lived simple lives here on earth, but now probably occupy some of the largest mansions in Heaven! This week may the thousands upon thousands of Godly men and women who went before us intercede with us in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, is my prayer.
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comparing both papers 'breaking news', the other front page story re: the missing weapons, I believe, will be the talk of the day, or the next few days. Unfortunately, this may take a 'back seat' as the MSM will push the antiBush story for all its worth.

Kimberly
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think it is a big deal. Kerry Lied and He is caught red handed in a lie. He is a gratuitous liar. He is a name dropper. He embelleshed his speech on the senate floor to lead the world to believe that he was more "involved" than he actually was. He wanted the world to think that he has more influence than he actually does. He lied.

This is new and big. Kerry is going down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: