SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawrence O'Donnell: "It was Rove"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the Commiecrats and their paid lackeys (the media) keep on biting themselves in the butt with their lies and made up stories like they have been doing.
They are in a hole and yet they keep digging. Must be a mental deficiency or something. And they are almost deep enough in that hole to be out of sight now!
Do they really consider the general public to be stupid enough not to see through their attempted deceptions? If I was a member of the Commiecratic party right now, I'd be seriously considering making a change. I'd be embarrased to let anyone know my political affiliation as long as my leaders continued to make such asses of themselves.
Certainly enjoyable to watch though for those on the other side of the fence.

Dusty
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Let the Commiecrats and their paid lackeys (the media) keep on biting themselves in the butt with their lies and made up stories like they have been doing.

The Commiecrats and Dummiecrats are looking to tarnish this administrations reputation, because their boy Billy left a tarnished legacy and lying skerry was unfit for command!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re my previous post, it's Joe Wilson's lack of veracity that should be getting the scrutiny!! Great to see the Wall Street Journal recapping Wilson's Lies.

Karl Rove, Whistleblower
He told the truth about Joe Wilson.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT

Democrats and most of the Beltway press corps are baying for Karl Rove's head over his role in exposing a case of CIA nepotism involving Joe Wilson and his wife, Valerie Plame. On the contrary, we'd say the White House political guru deserves a prize--perhaps the next iteration of the "Truth-Telling" award that The Nation magazine bestowed upon Mr. Wilson before the Senate Intelligence Committee exposed him as a fraud.

For Mr. Rove is turning out to be the real "whistleblower" in this whole sorry pseudo-scandal. He's the one who warned Time's Matthew Cooper and other reporters to be wary of Mr. Wilson's credibility. He's the one who told the press the truth that Mr. Wilson had been recommended for the CIA consulting gig by his wife, not by Vice President Dick Cheney as Mr. Wilson was asserting on the airwaves. In short, Mr. Rove provided important background so Americans could understand that Mr. Wilson wasn't a whistleblower but was a partisan trying to discredit the Iraq War in an election campaign. Thank you, Mr. Rove.

~snip~

The same can't be said for Mr. Wilson, who first "outed" himself as a CIA consultant in a melodramatic New York Times op-ed in July 2003. At the time he claimed to have thoroughly debunked the Iraq-Niger yellowcake uranium connection that President Bush had mentioned in his now famous "16 words" on the subject in that year's State of the Union address.
Mr. Wilson also vehemently denied it when columnist Robert Novak first reported that his wife had played a role in selecting him for the Niger mission. He promptly signed up as adviser to the Kerry campaign and was feted almost everywhere in the media, including repeat appearances on NBC's "Meet the Press" and a photo spread (with Valerie) in Vanity Fair.

But his day in the political sun was short-lived. The bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report last July cited the note that Ms. Plame had sent recommending her husband for the Niger mission. "Interviews and documents provided to the Committee indicate that his wife, a CPD [Counterproliferation Division] employee, suggested his name for the trip," said the report.

The same bipartisan report also pointed out that the forged documents Mr. Wilson claimed to have discredited hadn't even entered intelligence channels until eight months after his trip. And it said the CIA interpreted the information he provided in his debrief as mildly supportive of the suspicion that Iraq had been seeking uranium in Niger.

About the same time, another inquiry headed by Britain's Lord Butler delivered its own verdict on the 16 words: [b]"We conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that 'The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa' was well-founded."

In short, Joe Wilson hadn't told the truth about what he'd discovered in Africa, how he'd discovered it, what he'd told the CIA about it, or even why he was sent on the mission. The media and the Kerry campaign promptly abandoned him, though the former never did give as much prominence to his debunking as they did to his original accusations. But if anyone can remember another public figure so entirely and thoroughly discredited, let us know.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006955
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Re my previous post, it's Joe Wilson's lack of veracity that should be getting the scrutiny!! Great to see the Wall Street Journal recapping Wilson's Lies.

Karl Rove, Whistleblower
He told the truth about Joe Wilson.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT

Democrats and most of the Beltway press corps are baying for Karl Rove's head over his role in exposing a case of CIA nepotism involving Joe Wilson and his wife, Valerie Plame. On the contrary, we'd say the White House political guru deserves a prize--perhaps the next iteration of the "Truth-Telling" award that The Nation magazine bestowed upon Mr. Wilson before the Senate Intelligence Committee exposed him as a fraud.

For Mr. Rove is turning out to be the real "whistleblower" in this whole sorry pseudo-scandal. He's the one who warned Time's Matthew Cooper and other reporters to be wary of Mr. Wilson's credibility. He's the one who told the press the truth that Mr. Wilson had been recommended for the CIA consulting gig by his wife, not by Vice President Dick Cheney as Mr. Wilson was asserting on the airwaves. In short, Mr. Rove provided important background so Americans could understand that Mr. Wilson wasn't a whistleblower but was a partisan trying to discredit the Iraq War in an election campaign. Thank you, Mr. Rove.

~snip~

The same can't be said for Mr. Wilson, who first "outed" himself as a CIA consultant in a melodramatic New York Times op-ed in July 2003. At the time he claimed to have thoroughly debunked the Iraq-Niger yellowcake uranium connection that President Bush had mentioned in his now famous "16 words" on the subject in that year's State of the Union address.
Mr. Wilson also vehemently denied it when columnist Robert Novak first reported that his wife had played a role in selecting him for the Niger mission. He promptly signed up as adviser to the Kerry campaign and was feted almost everywhere in the media, including repeat appearances on NBC's "Meet the Press" and a photo spread (with Valerie) in Vanity Fair.

But his day in the political sun was short-lived. The bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report last July cited the note that Ms. Plame had sent recommending her husband for the Niger mission. "Interviews and documents provided to the Committee indicate that his wife, a CPD [Counterproliferation Division] employee, suggested his name for the trip," said the report.

The same bipartisan report also pointed out that the forged documents Mr. Wilson claimed to have discredited hadn't even entered intelligence channels until eight months after his trip. And it said the CIA interpreted the information he provided in his debrief as mildly supportive of the suspicion that Iraq had been seeking uranium in Niger.

About the same time, another inquiry headed by Britain's Lord Butler delivered its own verdict on the 16 words: [b]"We conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that 'The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa' was well-founded."

In short, Joe Wilson hadn't told the truth about what he'd discovered in Africa, how he'd discovered it, what he'd told the CIA about it, or even why he was sent on the mission. The media and the Kerry campaign promptly abandoned him, though the former never did give as much prominence to his debunking as they did to his original accusations. But if anyone can remember another public figure so entirely and thoroughly discredited, let us know.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006955

Thank You!!

It's about time the truth came out!!

SBD
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Carl Rove runs for President in 08. Could you imagine the crap storm this would cause to the Democrats.

Dean would swallow his tounge during one of his epileptic fits.

Hilliary would lose the women's vote to that "Babe Magnet" Rove and fall into a deep depression as she tries to confront her sexuality issues.

Kerry would just lose the vote, if he had any vote left to lose.

I think Silky Pony would be much to enamoured with Carl to run against him, only to become a born again republican just to try and jump on his ticket as VP.

Of course John McCain could still play the middle of the road loser he always has in the past. He has this role nailed. Wake up John, Senators don't get elected President very often. Remember John, you have to run on your record.

Then there is the Wild Card, Dick Cheney. With his experience and seniority, Carl could offer him the VP spot. Shucks, with a steady supply of batteries Bionic Cheney is easily good for another eight years.

After his election Carl could push for "W" to be Secretary General of the UN, so "W" could bring some old time religion to that house of ill repute. Of course this would mean Bill Clinton would have to find other hunting grounds to feed his lust.

Oh well it is fun to speculate.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the feeding frenzy that the MSM has had with Mr. Rove, I have finally gotten to the point of realizing that the media has degenerated into an elaborate blog. They no longer report and there isn't any actual news. The MSM will spout anything that fits their leftist agenda and if it doesn't fit they will spin it until it does. Even Fox fits this more often than not. Are there any real actual news sources left?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162335,00.html

Quote:
Karl Rove Should Get a Medal
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
By John Gibson

I say give Karl Rove a medal, even if Bush has to fire him.

Why? Because Valerie Plame should have been outed by somebody. And if nobody else had the cojones to do it, I'm glad Rove did — if he did do it, and he still says he didn't.

Why should she have been outed? Well despite her husband's repeated denials, even in the face of a pile of evidence and conclusions from a Senate investigation, it appears all evidence points to Joe Wilson's wife, spy Valerie Plame, as the one who recommended him for the job of going to Niger to discover is Saddam was trying to buy nuke bomb materials.

Why is this important? Because Wilson was opposed to the war in Iraq, opposed to Bush policy, and pointedly and loudly said so.

Consequently, it was of some interest how he got chosen for this sensitive job which people at the time might have thought would be a fulcrum point for a decision about the war.

You wouldn't send a peacenik to see if we should go to war, if we need to go to war, now would you?

That's exactly what happened, and as they say in the news biz: Inquiring minds wanted to know, "How the heck did this happen?"

Well, turns out the wife did it.

She touted husband Joe, her CIA bosses bit, and off Wilson went to completely knock down any notion Saddam wanted Niger's nuke bomb making stuff, which is called yellow cake.

Problem is, the report of the Select Committee on Intelligence says the information showed no such thing. That, in fact, it was still a bit of a mystery and Saddam could well have been trying to buy the nuke bomb material.

So why should Rove get a medal?

Let's just assume that spy Valerie Plame knew her husband's attitudes about the war in Iraq and George W. Bush's policies. Sending him off to Niger could be regarded as an attempt to influence national policies.

Where I come from, we want to know who that is. We do not want secret spymasters pulling the puppet strings in the background. That is something that should be out in the open and the person doing it should own up to it.

Rove should get a medal — if he did what he says he didn't
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I say give Karl Rove a medal, even if Bush has to fire him.

Bush will not have to fire him. Where do they get that idea....msm...ugh Sad

First of all, he did nothing wrong, leaked nothing, and said nothing that was out of line or illegal.

This is a Beltway twist and they are masters of spin here. They have done this for years when they want to block bills, nominations, or they just honestly hate our Commander in Cheif.

As far as Rove goes, he has broken no law, was NEVER supeonaed to testify before the Grand Jury and has done so willingly, now going on his third time. Certainly if there were any criminal ramifications that would have been leaked by now and Rove should of and would of been charged by now.

Alot of empty smoking guns.
Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newt has been everywhere talking about this, and last night he was on OReilly and he said just what I was thinking - How could Wilson go public in a letter to the NYT and not think folks would figure out his wife was CIA? And to top it off it is on his own website?? And then lie about how he got to Africa? Knowing it wasn't a huge secret this his wife worked for the folks that really sent him? If anyone is at fault here, it's him and the CIA. They sent a man that was openly anti war and anti Bush to obviously find a way to discredit the President. How is that playing fair? And to top it off, seems like that was a bigger job to be had by someone with more experience, which is the strange part. Did they not take this seriously?? Maybe not.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure starting to look like a deliberate attempt by someone/group of people in the CIA to discredit the President.
To me, this is what needs to be investigated. Why HE got chosen to go on this fact finding mission in the first place?

Dusty
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Karl Rove Reply with quote

hmminCanada wrote:
In regard to Tanya's post above, July 8:

This is how easy it was to find out Wilson's wife's maiden name.

Simply Google: Joseph C. Wilson, married to

The 4th article that comes up is the one linked to by Tanya. The last sentence of the article is: "He is married to the former Valerie Plame and has two sons and two daughters." The date for the article is Feb. 8, 2003. Novak's article was July 14, 2003. The 5th article is for a different organization but the same bio and dated for October 28 and 29, 2003--too late for the controversy.

Now that took a lot of brains and effort didn't it! I actually found the first one back in 2003 the day that everyone started this whole stupid affair.

Do reporters know how to use Google?

Carolyn

Please help - How can see you see the date the page was created? I've been trying to figure it out - Confused
I am surprised this is still up.
here is the link- Admin remove if you feel necessary
http://www.cpsag.com/our_team/wilson.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no DTG of any kind in the source code for that page that I can see.

The most interesting thing on the page (aside from Plame's clear identification as Wilson's wife) is that the last date mentioned is 1998.

The wayback machine has the identical page archived back to Feb, 2003.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
There's no DTG of any kind in the source code for that page that I can see.

The most interesting thing on the page (aside from Plame's clear identification as Wilson's wife) is that the last date mentioned is 1998.

The wayback machine has the identical page archived back to Feb, 2003.

ohhh lookie what I found - now tell me, is this dated 1998?! Call in the calvary! Very Happy

Leading Authorities
note: URLs changed to hyperlink/me#1
p.s. it is a few pages in on that same google search mentioned above where the other bio link was found. There is also a link to view it as a web page:
Leading Authorities

Last edited by Rdtf on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle East Institute

Scroll all the way to the bottom at look at the copyright date.

http://www.fishkite.com/notes/ambassadorwilsonbio.htm
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Karl Rove Reply with quote

Another interesting thing about the CPSAG page that I have referred to above is that when you look at the biographies of the rest of the members of the team, only Wison's says anything about his marriage and his family. So who wrote the biography which I have now found inassociated with three different groups between 2002 and late 2004? Was it his secretary? Did Valerie write it for him? Did he write himself? And why include such personal information? Again I'm saying Hmmm...

Carolyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: