SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevry:

I trust the people on our side, or I wouldn't invest my time here. I'm saying don't formulate our whole case in a non-secure environment, it's not smart. Simple as that. I'll trust the Chief to know that, no more comments. Anything he wants to post and get vetted by myself and others I'm willing to do.

Quote:
The Kerry Campaign has been incompetent, to date.

Don't count on that to continue, they may wise up. No sense in giving them a chance, I want the guy humiliated to the full extent of our ability. If that means I don't get to see the entire case being made until it's presented to the public, I'm willing to wait. See where I'm coming from? I won't state any more on it, I've had my say. I'll accept the decision the rest of you arrive at.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
maybe just getting a head start on what to spin....

I wouldn't say, spin. I'd say just to get at the truth. The folks on this site are probably not going to be able to decipher every line and every code on these reports. I don't think they've been able to do so, to date. But maybe some experienced communications guys, from that era, could read the documents online and give good lead or categorical on what they mean, particularly in certain details.

I think NavyChief and others have been good at providing perspective, at stepping back a bit and pointing to the relevance of this or that section or document. Without that guidance, someone looking too much at crossed-ts could miss what might be obvious. Again, I think their current efforts are really to be applauded. Some might say it's only the enthusiasm of research and discovery. But I'd say more than that, it's no exaggeration to say that it's above and beyond the call of duty. They're not being shot at, it's true. But the love of their country is the same. And the effort is extraordinary.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry wrote:
The 13 MAR Spot Report, for example, shows a "9559" in the hdr which according to later instructions for such traffic should refer to a filing time. But 9559 isn't a time and NavyChief was pretty sure it was a record count.

Well let's give Chief some time to absorb everything and whoever has the responsibility to PDF it and rubber stamp and approve it for online posting or whatever then maybe I might be able to lend 2 cents.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would there not be plenty of experts on our side capable of reading and deciphering the documents? Navy Chief to start? This may sound totally civilian, because I am, but the way things are done in the Navy is the way things are done in the Navy.....period, right? And a lot of those on our side lived the Navy.

Anyway, whichever way you all decide to go I am sure will be best. I just hope Stevie has room for me in his rubber room because I do tend to bounce off the walls:)
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry,

the 'spin' I was talking about was the Kerry talking heads.... getting a head start on how to 'spin' the new info that will be coming out...
you know they're already working on how to 'spin' the info that came out yesterday!

We have very competent and capable Navy people on this site who have had years of reading and deciphering these documants.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
hundredpercenter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry's After Action Report Reply with quote

http://www.hundredpercenter.com/KerrysSilverStar.html

I am covering the story as well. If anyone has any additional info on this please email me.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they find lots of information and release it little by little so Kerry can suffer a slow drawn out pain. I can see him twiddling his thumbs just waiting for the next bomb to drop on a "day to day basis" as all those "seared memories" come back to haunt him. Laughing

SBD
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Just to clarify - it's not a matter of hiding facts. The facts are making their way to pixels everywhere. Wink

It's a matter of keeping some of the discussion, speculation and comparison of the facts relatively private until the relationship between facts is proven.

NAVY NAVY NAVY, You said exactly what I should have said.

Thank You,
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
sevry,

the 'spin' I was talking about was the Kerry talking heads.... getting a head start on how to 'spin'

But I addressed that. I said, they haven't been any good, so far. The whole point of getting Kerry to sign 180 was so that everyone could see the documents. So a lot of people were able to break down some of these documents who are not affiliated with the Swift Vets themselves. And these are just the people who will continue to make their decisions based on this, just as it has been, to date. Don't try to change the rules, now. That seems to be what you are suggesting. But I don't know how many others agree with you. Full disclosure.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
II think probably the docs should be put out there and NNN and navychief etc should work on the side to decipher it all.

Okay, just to clarify - I'm making recommendations that some things be done by private message, which is already taking place. If I see something that I don't think should be here, I PM the person and let them know that they might be showing their hand too early.

Other than that, I have nothing to do with the analysis of the documents. I was never an RM or a CT - I handled message traffic and even prepared a few messages for routing in my stint as "duty driver," but I never got a deep familiarity with the formats.

The heavy lifting is being done by a whole bunch of people a lot smarter than I am. Wink

I'm just trying to direct traffic here on the board and waiting with the same bated breath that many of you are. Very Happy
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy:

That sounds like a very intelligent way to get the information looked at and and generate feedback and opinions. We don't need to be getting our pockets picked by the opposition. Thanks for listening, I hope I wasn't being a pain in the butt with my concerns. If there are people that took it that way, I apologize, it was something I felt I had to express. I really respect everyone that is here volunteering their time and effort, more than I can express.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sevry"]
Stevie wrote:
maybe just getting a head start on what to spin....

sevry, you wrote: 'I wouldn't say, spin. I'd say just to get at the truth.';

I think we're just crossing wires.... I call what Kerry's people do 'spin' (I was referring to Kerry people in that line) and what we're looking for is the truth.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: don't worry about spin ... Reply with quote

Don't worry about Kerry's folks "spinning" something that is discovered at the Naval Archives. So far the only spin I can see that they've come up with for the book and the ads is:

1) they are liars
2) "in" Cabodia is the same as "near" Cambodia
3) "not my medals"
4) "just relaying what I heard at the Winter Soldier conference"
5) Navy records say "xyz..."

All of these spins have done Kerry more harm than good and have kept the debate alive in the MSM. Since its the truth we all seek, (and I think we all believe the truth will destroy Kerry) allowing the truth out as soon as possible will do no harm. And again I stress that the more eyes on the docs the better the chance that something will be discovered.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Chief, it's time for another "tease". And if I can help in any way just let me know.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have storage if you want to use it and post docs from there
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: