SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Hannity 9/14 - Comments here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he said the only thing Kerry was fit to command was a surfboard Wink
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7eN wrote:
I thought he said the only thing Kerry was fit to command was a surfboard Wink

Actualy he said that he didn't feel that Kerry was fit to even command a surfboard.... and I'm still laughing at that one Very Happy
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
RE: W.P. Wily

You're welcome too...

You're either much wiser than the rest of us
by not tuning into the MSM chatter,
or you're in Florida w/o power. I do hope it's the former
case.

Cheers,

Cool

Sround,

Can you provide a copy of the video from the Kerry Lied rally this past Sunday in DC?

Thanks
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: RivanG Request for DC March Video.

Sorry...don't have one, but I would be happy to
provide tech services (editing, converting, ripping, and web space)
to anyone who has a video and would like to share it.
Given that the MSM completely ignored the march,
I'd say it's very much worth the effort.

Rolling Eyes

This just in: CBS News finds Loch Ness monster in Houston bathtub.

Mission Accomplished!!
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJorgensen wrote:
I want you all to know that I hate George Bush. I have NEVER known as poor an economy as this and I am not impressed with his handling of Iraq (Deleted by Admin)

Hmm. You obviously did not live in the 70's. I was in the Navy in the 70's, and the military was so starved by the Carter administration that we had to "hotseat" our foul weather jackets when working on the flight deck in the North Atlantic.

Kerry as CIC has demonstrated by his voting record that he would be as bad as Jimmy Carter. And that is a damning conclusion.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
Hannity & Colmes have a talk show and they will talk.
But O'Neill was patient and effective with his responses like the pro that he is, and he talked from the heart. Most of what he said was said before, but needs repeating again and again to let it sink in.

O'Neill slapped Kerry like a tied up DOG when he stated:
"Kerry is unfit to command a surfboard"
That statement is going to be "seared in me....seared in me"
for a long long time.

John O'Neill is a true "Red Blooded American"
God Bless Him and all the Swifties.

I think O'neill mispoke on his comment that Kerry is unfit to command a surfboard. I'm unaware of Kerry doing any surfing. I believe his comment is probably a reference to Kerry's sailboarding which, like his campaign, he seems incapable of moving forward and keeps falling off of.
MKorner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new, but have been hounding this wonderful site for weeks now, because I, too, feel that John Kerry is not a valid choice for our President.

I did see John O'Neill on Hannity and Colmes, last night. I typed from the site below the part of the interview that made my eyes grow wide. Wouldn't this be interesting to have put out there somewhere for all voters to know?

I'm also wishing there were more of an emphasis 'out there' that Kerry did not get his honorable discharge until 2001. That is just too strange!

sround wrote:
MP3 Format
H&C _ O'Neill - Part II 4:35 http://s2r-tech.com/swifty/hc_oneill-2.mp3

Transcript:

Hannity: . . . What advice would you (to John O'Neill) give the uh the president having debated him (Kerry) back then?

O'Neill: I - I think John Kerry is one of the most skilled debaters I've ever run into. Uh, ah, uhhh, without question, Sean. I mean I've - I've run into other people. Well, this is the most skilled guy. His, uh, strength and his weakness is the same. He'll say anything about anything. He'll lie about anything. If I was gonna debate John Kerry again, i would stick to basic, simple themes and I would know that John Kerry was going to say things that simply weren't true in the course of the debate.

Hannity: Yeah, well do you know it's interesting because Bill Wells says about the same thing that you just said. Did you know that?

O'Neill: No, I .. I didn't. Uh and of course he would have run into him much more recently. But John Kerry is smooth, he's polished, he's persuasive. But it's amazing when you went back - go back over the transcript of the debate - he reported a false - I mean he claimed there was a mutiny of our unit. It never occurred. Uh, he claimed that he spent two weeks trying to decide whether or not to leave Vietnam. He spent three days, uh, at most because that's how long it took for his request to make it.

Allan Colmes: All right Mr. O'neill, thank you very . . .
(End)

{ I added the bold and the (italics) }
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that Colmes (on a daily basis) makes me want to jump in the television and ***** slap him.

Just love the way he directs an interview by picking little snippets of quotes by the guest only to serve his point, and then cuts off the entire context of the quote, and speeds on to the next in rapid fire succession... Mad
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jataylor11"]
GenrXr wrote:
Ogre wrote:
BB Stacker wrote:
And another thing GenrXr, I also think Hannity aught to drop his constant demands that Kerry explain what atrosities he committed and why he burned villages. He's made the point, Kerry's never going to address it and it's a non starter. Time to move on to other points. There is plenty of them.

You are both right! Hope Hannity is listening.

I disagree -- anytime anyone even whispers Abu Gharib --- someone ought to counter with Kerry's war crimes --- the crimes Kerry lists is far worse than panties on the head, [or naked pyramids, and pointing a private parts] --- and these prision guards are all going to jail -- so why isn't Kerry also serving some time.

We had that prison "scandal" pushed by the MSM for weeks and weeks --- and although I think these prison guards might have behaved inappropriately nothing, absolutely nothing they did even comes close to the "war crimes" of Kerry's testimony. So why are these prison guards going to jail and Kerry is running for President?

I appreciate your enthusiasm to expose the truth about Kerry but I stand by my comments. Kerry's statement to the Senate committee under oath that Hannity keeps repeating is in all likelyhood a lie and at best another embellishment to score political points. In either case it pales in comparison to the actual crimes he did commit.

Last time I checked lying under oath is crime. Aiding and abetting the enemy is a crime. Meeting with the enemy while still a Naval officer is a crime, as is incouraging someone else to lie under oath. Whether he actually burned the homes of innocent Vietnamese is questionable. His word that he did it is no proof of anything.

There are many important topics that yet need to be aired and there is not much time to do so. The issue of Kerry's record can easily be swept aside by more significant current events. Witness the CBS debacle and memogate. Witness Hurricane Ivan. The time on national media is precious and needs to be used to the best advantage. I don't believe continuing to hammer on a fantasy about atrosities is all that useful.

And as to Abu Gharib, although way over blown, it did happen. We need to focus on those things that are most revealing and can be demonstrated by multple sources. Let O'neill lead the way and stop trying to emphasize things that gain us little in the public debate.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BB Stacker, no use Hannity pounding a dead horse.
He should move on to other subjects, like Kerry meeting in Paris with the enemy of the state during a war, while he was still an officer of the USN.
To anyone-else not protected by the DNC and the LMS it would be TREASON!
Why not him? POS!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that you are missing the point. The MSM went on and on about Abu Gharib for weeks, including setting up Rumsfeld for being removed and Bush for impeachment. Yet the "crimes" committed at this prison are substantially less than even those actions that Kerry admits commiting.

First, there is a double standard here. The MSM and DNC is head hunting up the chain of command because of Abu Gharib, yet are supporting for POTUS someone who has admitted to worse.

Second, soldiers are going to jail for Abu Gharib, Kerry is running for POTUS.

Third, the double standard of anyone soldier from Abu Gharib sitting in prison while a POTUS kerry (shudder) sits in the White House.

While this may not be the important issue to the Swift Vets --- this issue will play with the soccer moms. The questions for the soccer moms are

(1) should the Abu Gharib soldiers be punished for committing war crimes ... answer yes,

(2) Should soldiers who comitted the war crime of burning homes of civilians go to jail...
answer yes,

(3) Did you know John Kerry admits to burning villages ....
Answer ......blank stare...

(4) Should these soldiers go to jail while John Kerry goes to the White House?
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11,

Your points are well taken, but other than Kerry's own statements, is there any direct evidence that Kerry actually committed any war crimes? He may have burnt some huts but I don't know the circumstances. I think at this point it's obvious that he invented the bulk of these confessions and statements to impress upon the Senate and News Media of the day that we were all murderers and rapists, and that the Government told us to do it.

I believe that there are far better points to make in showing the true calculating Kerry. There is plenty to show he is willing to lie and hurt anyone he has to to further his political goals. Nothing has change since his days in VVAW. He is still doing it.

If we put forth a point in the mannor you suggested so as to gain the soccer moms support, we are no better than Moveon.org. There is a target rich environment in Kerry's real behavior without pushing one of his lies as if it were true. If we get caught in a false premiss it will backfire. We cannot become them.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
jataylor11,

Your points are well taken, but other than Kerry's own statements, is there any direct evidence that Kerry actually committed any war crimes?

That is ALL that is needed. Either he's war criminal, or he's lying about being a war criminal. It doesn't matter which of those is true at this point.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
Given that the MSM completely ignored the march,
I'd say it's very much worth the effort.

I searched high and low in the Washington Post on Monday, and not a word was found. But our "alternative" Washington paper did have a decent article about it:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20040912-113727-2415r.htm

The Times also ran excerpts from Unfit on page 1 a while back. But I guess that means they're not MSM then, right?

Which reminds me of something I saw in the Post last summer. In the Metro section was a picture of some war protesters and their signs on the Mall. The tiny caption mentioned how there were almost 2 dozen protesters *gasp*. But this time thousands of vets don't even get a mention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: